Options

Big Brother 6

biggestbrotherbiggestbrother Posts: 237
Forum Member
Watching BB6 for the first time since i was only around 12 when it aired. I was just wondering what people thought of this series and the housemates? :)

Comments

• Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    The HMs weren;t a very nice bunch... however was quite compelling viewing.

The powershift that occurs mid series is good... however all the interesting characters are evicted towards the end - leaving quite dull winner
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Overall one of the best series, with a great line-up although many of the characters proved to be a little too marmite.
    Personally I think it's a near flawless series up until week 8, then it starts to plummet as the remaining 3 evictions remove key characters up against fairly pointless ones. Leaving the final and the winner as kind of a letdown.
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best series but you have to set aside your morals to find someone to root for.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    the money twist at the end probably cost eugene the win.i didnt like antony but i didnt want eugene to win he was just to much of an odd ball for me.that was the first BB when E4 was a freeview channel you could watch that BB 24/7 on it bliss
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    By the end of that series, I couldn't stand any of them.
  • Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Sam, Vanessa, Roberto and a few others but there were so many dislikeable housemates that year.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant series. However it was joint with BB13 with the most dislikeable house mates ever. But boy, BB6 provided some brilliant entertainment. They all had such characters, whether they were nicely entertaining or very dislikeable and entertaining.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Brilliant series. However it was joint with BB13 with the most dislikeable house mates ever. But boy, BB6 provided some brilliant entertainment. They all had such characters, whether they were nicely entertaining or very dislikeable and entertaining.

I agree, but the difference was BB6's HM's were of a much higher quality than BB13.
    IMo after BB5 , this is the best series.Though it had some ruthless characters, they were also funny and entertaining. It had some of the best quotes in BB as well. Very witty, amusing, entertaining Hm's in BB6,:D none at all in BB13.:yawn:
  • Options
    miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Oooh BB6 *shudder* it did keep me watching, but with a sort of horrified fascination. I did like Science, and Eugene (who seemed fairly out of place, I always forget he was in 6 and think he was in BB4) but no-one else. Lesley, Maxwell and Saskia are probably my most loathed HMs ever.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nasty but compelling.
  • Options
    dan_dan_ Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best housemates ever IMO. Always something going on, not a dull episode.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    dan_ wrote: »
    Best housemates ever IMO. Always something going on, not a dull episode.

Definitely agree there always seems to be something going
    on....

thought Roberto was Underrated - ducks
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    my favourite BB more potencial winners then any other BB saskia maxwell kemal macosi sceince derek eugene
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    It was a very entertaining series, for sure, but it wasn't much fun imo. It just had a very negative vide, kinda like CBB5.
  • Options
    PaulB1973PaulB1973 Posts: 2,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BB producers/voices, the tasks and the overall production was some of the best we have seen - although the housemates weren't the most likeable bunch. It was certainly edge-of-the-seat stuff. In Makosi we had one of the best housemates - even some of the BB staff began to wonder if she worked for them. There was the Anthony/Craig 'relationship' which was an on-going story throughout most of the series, which blew-up a week before the finish. After it had finished I yearned for more.