The 'I really couldn't give a flying chuff about the royal baby' thread

Comments

• Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I liked Cheryl Coles tweet:
    Congratulations to William and Kate!! So happy they have a healthy baby and everyone is good. Can't wait to see him now

made me think she was going to pop over to Clarence house with a gift, for a natter with Kate and a sneaky peak at the new heir.

I don't particularly think there's anything wrong with Cheryl Cole's tweet tbh, she's obviously referring to the moment when Kate and William emerge from the hospital with their new son.

Natalie Cassidy's tweet was far worse :oA baby boy.. How lovely. I'm guessing Alfred Charles. I hope he latches on for her easily.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly think there's anything wrong with Cheryl Cole's tweet tbh, she's obviously referring to the moment when Kate and William emerge from the hospital with their new son.

Natalie Cassidy's tweet was far worse :oA baby boy.. How lovely. I'm guessing Alfred Charles. I hope he latches on for her easily.

P'raps Nat can phone Buck Pal and offer her weight loss and exercise expertise; maybe her and Kate could do a combined weight loss DVD right in time for christmas.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P'raps Nat can phone Buck Pal and offer her weight loss and exercise expertise; maybe her and Kate could do a combined weight loss DVD right in time for christmas.

I wouldn't put it past her ;)
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    I pretty much ignore most types of celebrity drivel. I didn't even know she was pregnant until sometime after it was announced and I can honestly say I hadn't given it a single thought since I heard the news. I didn't know she had given birth until I went to the BBC website this morning to look at the weather and there it was in the side bar. Now I see it everywhere.

I wish no ill on them as I would wish no ill on any other human. But as an outmoded institution of dubious origin, it never ceases to amaze me how there are people who willingly, sycophantically worship the royal family. They seemingly have no grasp on history or politics, and they certainly don't question why they exist. They just lap up the drivel.

I give as much of a damn about her giving birth as much as I'd give a damn about any other woman. What bothers me somewhat is the reaction to it, not just from politicians and media outlets telling me how I am suppose to give more of a damn than I do. But from real people, actually... giving a damn. Really spending their lives obsessing over this baby, discussing names, gossip, reading everything they can. I find it odd to say the least.

This is spot on.

I think its the media that turn the whole thing into a tacky trivialised circus,I'm sure most of the Royal Family would just rather quietly go about their business than be harrassed into providing a sideshow for the tabloid readers.

Do the newspapers really want us to believe that serious numbers of punters will bet on the name of the baby or the names of the potential godparents? I mean ,WTF?

There is a class of people in this country who are sucked in by hype and because the tabloids tell them that 'everybody' is doing it or is interested in it then they must be too.......

I think every thing changed for the worse when Diana joined the family and somehow it turned into an out of control media free for all which reached its nadir when the tabloid media achieved its biggest ever coup by forcing the Queen into making a televised tribute after Diana died because 'the nation' expected her to..........who is the nation FFS?.......As ridiculous and shaming an example of the tail wagging the dog as you will ever find.

Some say this was also a turning point where the Royal Family 'modernised itself' but in reality that doesn't mean very much except that there is an expectation by the media for them to perform more flimsy PR stunts for the benefit of the rags eg Prince Harry showing that he is one of the boys inbetween periodic lapses where he is shown to be himself............none of this in my name I'm afraid I don't find the Royal Family in the least bit entertaining and probably like them just wish they were left alone...........because even though they don't know me I would really hate them to think for a minute that I'm interested in them.......why should I be?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god for this thread I thought I was the only one who couldnt give two hoots. Yes congratulations and all and yes I am happy that all is well with Kate and the baby bla blaaa but I don't care what they're going to name him or that they have a choice of 3 surnames to decide upon, if Kate's mom will be a wonderful grandmother etc .... enough already:mad:

Rant over:)
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    unknown17 wrote: »
    I couldn't give a sh-t about this or that OTT marriage. I'm absolutely sick of that pointless waste of space of a family:mad:

Agreed.:)
  • stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think now is bad enough, wait until they leave hospital, then comes the name, then the family photo's, then when he says his first word, then walks, goes to school etc.
    And during all this you get the morons saying what clothes she will wear, and her make-up, etc, what other royals think, and " Celebs ".. Yawn..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    stairway wrote: »
    If you think now is bad enough, wait until they leave hospital, then comes the name, then the family photo's, then when he says his first word, then walks, goes to school etc.
    And during all this you get the morons saying what clothes she will wear, and her make-up, etc, what other royals think, and " Celebs ".. Yawn..

Ahhhh its a "he". I thought she had a girl a week ago
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Granny Middleton has implants, how klassy :rolleyes:
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the red button when you need it
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With one last moan her waters broke
    And with tears of joy back we choke
    It's a king! it's a king! doth the midwife exclaim
    And over his people our sovereign will reign
    For a royal event like this is so rare
    And dear little boy your public care
    Now its time for mummy to rest
    So no more tears - don't be no pest!
    Katie rest those legs your wounds will heal
    It's all been worth the soreness you feel
    We're so happy for you on this special day
    And you can snub your nose at all those sayers neigh
    The bunting, the joyness tis all for you
    You've made us proud to be English that is so true.

You are proud to be English because someone gave birth :confused::confused::confused: this happens in every country in the world you do realise this right ?
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll erupt tonight if they leave hospital while EE is on, or just before, as you know what its like when that gets taken off, or gets pulled 5/10 minutes in to go to the News :eek:

:D
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollox to the lot of 'em
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now i'm basically watching paint dry on a door for the last mins when I should be relaxing enjoying my soap fix.

Whilst the world watches with baited breath for the first glimpse of the happy couple and the new baby. BLAH BLAH BLAH...
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Anyone else want to take refuge in here with me? :cool:

Count me in!!

Yes, I'm glad that yet another newborn baby arrived in the world safely and that mum and child are well. Other than that I could not give a flying rat's posterior.

Nat Cassidy is an irritating, moronic moo who has done nothing of interest since leaving EE, and can stick her blinkin' trumpet where the sun don't shine.

End of rant!
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else want to take refuge in here with me? :cool:

I bet if some z list celeb got knocked up, you'd be far more excited about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Granny Middleton has implants, how klassy :rolleyes:

What the hell does that have to do with someone's class.
    :rolleyes: Seriously, some people will criticise anything, just to criticise. Pathetic.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    jjne wrote: »
    The only time the royals do me any favours is if one of them kicks the bucket. Then I get a day off work.

So come on Phillip, chop chop!

slightly off topic but do we get a day off when prince phillip goes??! :eek:
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They even reported this on Sky Sports News :rolleyes: so i can assume that giving birth is a sport now right ? :confused:
  • RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slightly off topic but do we get a day off when prince phillip goes??! :eek:

Absolutely no need for that. Whatsoever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    What the hell does that have to do with someone's class.
    :rolleyes: Seriously, some people will criticise anything, just to criticise. Pathetic.

Oh do get over yourself, dear.

The fact that the granny of the future King has very obvious plastic tits is both amusing and vaguely disturbing, tis very TOWIE.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh do get over yourself, dear.

The fact that the granny of the future King has very obvious plastic tits is both amusing and vaguely disturbing, tis very TOWIE.

Disturbing, dear? I do feel you need to get out more.
  • DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    You are proud to be English because someone gave birth :confused::confused::confused: this happens in every country in the world you do realise this right ?

Yes I am so very proud to be English - no foreign blood in my family - born and bred Londoners. I love the monarchy. It's a special day for all English people and for our future king
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    What I am happy about is that Will and Kate are the exact opposite to the buffoon Charles and his lifestyle choices and snobbery.

They are in this century, Anne, Charles, Andrew and Edward are old school snobs and far worse than the Queen, yet being lower down the heirachy.

Wills and Kate although having huge advantages are of this century and do not look down on people as the previous generation of Royals have which has nearly brought them down.

I am happy to give them a chance, they are doing fine so far but would give anything to kick out the older Royals apart from the Queen, yet including Phillip as they are everything which is wrong with the monarchy today.

Lets hope with Dianas, Wills and Kates genes, the monarchy will survive.
  • PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Please, enough is enough