** Under The Dome - Season 1 (US PACE) **

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Just watched a whole stack of episodes and caught up and have to say I am really enjoying the TV treatment of the story. Quite looking fwd to the next episode!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Just watched a whole stack of episodes and caught up and have to say I am really enjoying the TV treatment of the story. Quite looking fwd to the next episode!
    Welcome to the board! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "40 Million Viewers...." :D

Episode 6: The Endless Thirst Promo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l-8M4a_uxc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Oh come on. Electrical items explode when near the dome, but a Windows 8 tablet doesn't? :rolleyes:

And a windows 8 phone. :rolleyes:

Hmm does Microsoft sponsor this show?

What part of impenetrable dome don't people understand?

Quite! :confused: The final straw for me, just deleted the series link as I cannot see this programme getting a second series.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So let me get this straight - the government decide to bomb Chester's Mill because the Dome is messing with magnetic fields? How bad must it be that they would consider such an extreme course of action? Let me guess, the Dome cut everybody's TV transmission, prompting wide-scale protesting and riots, hence forcing the government to launch a nuke at Chester's Mill. :D
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It rains inside the dome?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quinn. wrote: »
    Quite! :confused: The final straw for me, just deleted the series link as I cannot see this programme getting a second series.

Considering its the highest rated original scripted summer drama since 1992 it is most defiinitly getting a second series :D
    It rains inside the dome?

We already know water gets through since the dome is like a sieve... promo for next week it looks like some rain does indeed get through
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Falling Skies and Revolution got second seasons and this is no worse really. It is less fun - Revolution is a hoot and a half with perfect make up & hair and the mighty fine David Lyons, Falling Skies season one & two were good if you didn't take them serious (Season three turned out to be Borefest 2013) BUT it seems to have better ratings. So I would not be suprised by a second season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope there is a season 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope there is a season 2
    It's 99.9% getting a second season :D
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many viewers they'd still have if they had done the book version of Junior's story...:eek: Saying that, I've no idea where the show is going to go with any of this, which makes it all the more refreshing.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many viewers they'd still have if they had done the book version of Junior's story...:eek: Saying that, I've no idea where the show is going to go with any of this, which makes it all the more refreshing.

Really...? It's boring at the moment and i'm not seeing many signs of hope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Really...? It's boring at the moment and i'm not seeing many signs of hope.

I don't find it boring at all.....and I doubt the general audience does either since its holding its viewers better then most shows.

Ep. 1: 13.53 Million
    Ep. 2: 11.81 Million
    Ep. 3: 10.71 Million
    Ep. 4: 11.13 Million
    Ep. 5: 11.60 Million
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Considering its the highest rated original scripted summer drama since 1992

When I lived in the States the Summer was TV shite, composed of repeats, repeats & deadbeat dumps by the Networks. So you may be right. However, that only confirms my opinion, good luck hope you get a second series. :)
    Forum Member
    Falling Skies and Revolution got second seasons and this is no worse really. It is less fun - Revolution is a hoot and a half with perfect make up & hair and the mighty fine David Lyons, Falling Skies season one & two were good if you didn't take them serious (Season three turned out to be Borefest 2013) BUT it seems to have better ratings. So I would not be suprised by a second season.

Hmm, also stopped watching Falling Skies & Revolution as I also thought they were poor. Roll on the TV Fall & some quality new SF. :)
  • G926G926 Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am persevering with this, but it is a struggle. It doesn't help that every time they mention "the Dome" Homer Simpson pops into my head singing Spiderpig!!!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I lived in the States the Summer was TV shite, composed of repeats, repeats & deadbeat dumps by the Networks. So you may be right. However, that only confirms my opinion, good luck hope you get a second series. :)

The good thing about watching at US pace is that you can pick and choose what you watch.

For me the summer isn't too bad, mainly filled with kitch shows such as Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Suits, Franklyn and Bash, Under the Dome, Teen Wolf, Perception, and Wilfred to name a few.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say, I've started reading the book along with the show.....

Its fairly spot on except for a few characters and the Junior/Angie story is different.

If anyone wants to know what happens with them in the book
    Junior kills her early on aswell as Dodee and has sex with their dead corpses and refers to them as his girlfriends

Episode 5 was easily the best yet.

:)
    Easy to see why they omitted that from the show. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's 99.9% getting a second season :D

I bloody hope so.
  • DarreninessexDarreninessex Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Need to be on ITUNES so that us in the UK can watch it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need to be on ITUNES so that us in the UK can watch it
    Most of the posters in this thread are in the uk/ireland from what I know....

I download it via Torrentz every tuesday
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the board! :D

Thanks LOL

You have actually just reminded that this November its my 10th birthday on DS! WOW Time does fly! I should watch something special to celebrate that month! :o
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks LOL

You have actually just reminded that this November its my 10th birthday on DS! WOW Time does fly! I should watch something special to celebrate that month! :o

Yes, you should watch Revolution to mark the occasion ;):D. Simply the greatest TV show ever created :):D.
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Yes, you should watch Revolution to mark the occasion ;):D. Simply the greatest TV show ever created :):D.

maybe rewatch the entire season 1 over a single weekend???!!! :eek::cry:
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks LOL

I'd recommend 'The United States of Tara' if you haven't seen it. A very good series.