Options

Katy Perry's 5th single from PRISM : "This Is How We Do"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.katyperrylately.com/post/92180070042/katy-perry-talks-this-is-how-we-do-music-video-for

Katy Perry has confirmed she has shot a video for "This Is How We Do" in the link above!

personally i like the song but i would rather of had "Walking On Air" or "Legendary Lovers" as the next single.

It will be interesting to see how TIHWD goes down on the charts!

Listen to "This Is How We Do" here-

http://youtu.be/IiVOE_pfJT4

Comments

• Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I like Katy but I can't stand this song. Every other song on the album is better in my opinion. Bad choice!
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I don't mind this song. It has quite a summery sound, but I would prefer Walking On Air, personally. It gives me Boom Clap vibes though so maybe she's decided to go with more of that sound as it seems quite hot right now. Maybe Walking On Air is a bit 2012...
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is by far the worst song on the album and will absolutely bomb and this is frm a huge fan.

Walking On Air has the potential to be a huge summer smash and a way to revive the ampaign.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually love this song. It's fun and upbeat and summery so it could do well. Maybe 'International Smile' would have been a better choice though?
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Legendary Lovers should have been a single.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I like this song but I really do think Walking On Air would have been a better choice as a single. WOA has a 90s dance vibe to it and it probably would revive the album campaign.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I like this song but I don't think that it should be released as a single. It doesn't surprise me all that much that it's been released though as it was used in her Covergirl commercial a couple of months ago.

Katy Perry for Covergirl
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone here was wanting her to release this as a single, now she fled and you all complain :p
  • Options
    chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great song my 2nd fave on the cd after Roar
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Everyone here was wanting her to release this as a single, now she fled and you all complain :p

There was a vocal minority agreed but the overall consensus was definitely WOA or LL.

In a way it is good she isn't playing safe and opting for songs as singles that people might not expect. I also get the CG summer vibe but it just isn't strong enough. And what with the 90's revival WOa is perfect or for different but strong single LL as like dH a song with a sound different to her.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "this moment", "legendary lovers" and "walking on air" are the only obvious hits left on "prism" imo. "this is how we do", like "birthday" previously just highlight the album weaknesses unfortunately.:(
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok song but not single worthy at all

What is wrong with her and her label? She has only got it right with Roar and Dark horse and it just so happens they have only been the only smash hits from the album

All the single choices were just perfect for her last two albums.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    There was a vocal minority agreed but the overall consensus was definitely WOA or LL.

In a way it is good she isn't playing safe and opting for songs as singles that people might not expect. I also get the CG summer vibe but it just isn't strong enough. And what with the 90's revival WOa is perfect or for different but strong single LL as like dH a song with a sound different to her.

I honestly don't get the love for LL, to me it's just another Unconditionally but more cringe
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love This Moment and Walking on Air but I HATE Legendary Lovers I think it's one of the worst songs on the album and have never understood the love for it
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love Walking On Air to be a single but since it was used as a promotional single for the album, I don't think it'd do pretty well in terms of charts/sales. This Is How We Do is one of the songs I completely ignore on Prism and listening to it again, I still find it pretty bland.
  • Options
    PantherAS90PantherAS90 Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Dark Horse was a promotional track and didn't suffer.

Bad choice IMO, 'Walking on Air' or 'By The Grace of God' would have been better choices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    E.T was also a promo single didn't hurt it either. TIHWD is just bleh.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    http://www.katyperrylately.com/post/92180070042/katy-perry-talks-this-is-how-we-do-music-video-for

Katy Perry has confirmed she has shot a video for "This Is How We Do" in the link above!

personally i like the song but i would rather of had "Walking On Air" or "Legendary Lovers" as the next single.

It will be interesting to see how TIHWD goes down on the charts!

Listen to "This Is How We Do" here-

http://youtu.be/IiVOE_pfJT4

I would have rather it been This Moment or International Smile or virtually anything else!;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dark Horse was a promotional track and didn't suffer.

Bad choice IMO, 'Walking on Air' or 'By The Grace of God' would have been better choices.

Totally agree, why doesn't she just do a poll on her website do her fans can choose her singles?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This will be 30 in charts at best unfortunately in my opinion. :(

I like the song but in my opinion it is the worst song on the album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Didn't The Game have a single with that title in 2005?
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Didn't The Game have a single with that title in 2005?

Yes he did.
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think this song might do alright if it gets a good video, I'm picturing the sequel to Last Friday Night, it has the same kind of vibe.
  • Options
    Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very happy about this choice . it Is the right choice as well. She needs a good video and some promotion for the single and it should be top ten . Birthday is a good song but it shouldn't off been a single. The video was very strange and there was no Promotion for it apart from her tour. This is how we do is a great summer vibe which is easy on the ears and will sound great on the radio. I still think that LL and Walking on air will be singles as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    video is out today :)