Options

Hollyoakd E4 Daily Thread - Sonny Visits Theresa (Viewer Discretion Advised) - 15/08

124»

Comments

• Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were those whiteheads on Jason's forehead real :o:o:o
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    I hope Freddie gets caught for this and the actor leaves. Charlie Clapham needs to go away and get lessons, although I'm not sure after that he would get more than an F. How did he get through casting? Does he know someone? He's not even good looking with all those stupid Bieber-style tatts....

No offense to people with tattoos but if you want to be an actor ott statement body art seems a bit crazy, and limits your roles
  • Options
    RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,162
    Forum Member
    How come Peri and whatshername get into The Loft?

What I understand less is how Cameron, who had been working at The Hutch earlier, suddenly appeared AT EXACTLY THE RIGHT MOMENT!:)
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Is Jason supposed to be endearing or something? Cause he just irritates me and makes me want to projectile vomit. 'I have feelings of love...' They've already been together, why's he suddenley having trouble speaking to her? I suppose all the little kid viewers will like him. Ridiculous make-up effect on him. Hollyoaks have never been good at doing fake spots, I remember Hannah Ashworth's because of her anorexia. At least they're showing some of the negative side-effects steriods can have. I wonder if they'll mention the fact that his genitals might shrink.

I really wish they'd just stop the boring JP and Ste storyline. Its crap. JP is too mature for him, they don't suit each other. They sole reason they have been paired is because they're both gay characters.

I enjoyed the Peri and Cameron scenes from tonight and, surprisingly, I didn't hate the Freddie bits but only because I was happy to see Lindsey fooling the big idiot. I'm really hoping this is the end of Mercy's involvement with him too. She's far too good a character to be wasted on this. It is nice to see her put effort into her friendship with Lindsey. I hope when Cindy comes back she rejoins their group and they are there for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No offense to people with tattoos but if you want to be an actor ott statement body art seems a bit crazy, and limits your roles

Or restrict yourself to roles where the Edinburghs can be covered up.

ETA - Oops...Just reread that post and realised I'm just paraphrasing what you said:)
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Were those whiteheads on Jason's forehead real :o:o:o

No. If they were real they'd put make-up on the actor to cover them. Acne is a side-effect of taking stereoids, hence why he's suddenley got them.
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vixyvic wrote: »
    I wonder if he's lost heart/energy as the story gets dragged out.

I would expect him to be happy he is on screen, he was hardly on before this storyline.
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, but that's his choice and eventually he'll have to live with it or have them removed.
  • Options
    DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    Is Jason supposed to be endearing or something? Cause he just irritates me and makes me want to projectile vomit. 'I have feelings of love...' They've already been together, why's he suddenley having trouble speaking to her? I suppose all the little kid viewers will like him.

Yeah, I think he is meant to be 'endearing' but I absolutely hate Jason (and Holly when she's with him, I thought she was quite good last week.) Jason is such an irritating little idiot. That 'declaring their love' thing was vomit inducing and earlier in the week when he 'had a go at Dirk' was just embarrassing, I wanted Dirk to push the little shit in the water.

Anyway, enough of the rant, hopefully they can do a good job story wise with the body dyamorphia and steroids story (though the dysmorphia seems to be ignored) but I have very little faith, especially after the horrific mess of the John Paul story. Considering it was meant to be all about #breakthesilence, that's all there's been so far; silence, stupidity and any thing to drag it out as dramatically and unrealistic as possible.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Peri acknowledged that JP slept with Danny. I thought the Lomax family had amnesia or something.
    Is Peri lieing about her brain tumor coming back???

Either Peri is starting to get her brain tumour back, and is therefore reminded of how it was when she first got her tumour that she saw Danny kissing John Paul, or she is seeking sympathy.

Maybe though, it is because of her brain tumour that she is blaming John Paul for Danny and Sam's deaths, rather than the driver of the van.
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    Wouldn't one of Leela's dresses be a bit big for Peri?

Leela strikes me as the type of person who would keep many of her clothes, even from yesteryear.
    Why is Peri all of a sudden going off the rails?

Probably an inability to cope with the death of her (apparent) parents and confusion over what to make of Leela and Cameron's claim to be her real parents.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    Wouldn't Lindsey have needed DNA samples from Joe and :o to get a paternity test done? And is it even possible with an unborn child? Or are we back to "You must think I'm stupid"?

It is actually possible to do it on an unborn child, but carries risks.
    She would need a DNA sample from a man, but I guess Freddie could just assume she got the DNA sample from Joe and he wasn't the dad, so it must be Freddie's?

But I don't think Lindsey actually got a paternity test, she's just trying to get Freddie back on side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is actually possible to do it on an unborn child, but carries risks.
    She would need a DNA sample from a man, but I guess Freddie could just assume she got the DNA sample from Joe and he wasn't the dad, so it must be Freddie's?

But I don't think Lindsey actually got a paternity test, she's just trying to get Freddie back on side.

Thanks for clearing up the technical side, but I still think that Lindsey is lying about it, as you said.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Considering it was meant to be all about #breakthesilence, that's all there's been so far; silence, stupidity and any thing to drag it out as dramatically and unrealistic as possible.

Completely agree. Hollyoaks obviously does not care about the campaign or doing a good job on this storyline. The only thing they care about is having storyline go on forever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    WOW! So Peri's started partying.

So does anybody else think that she might follow in her mothers footsteps and become an underage teen mother?
  • Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just realized that today's episode featured nothing about Theresa or Sonny (Not complaining). The episode on DS had the photos and I jumped to conclusions! :blush:
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with this episode.

Lindsey's always so unconvincing when she's pretending to love Freddie. Also, that top she wore in that scene was HORRIBLE!

I also found it unconvincing that nobody in the club thought to question Cameron snatching Peri, who was clearly underage and was screaming at him to get off her.