EE Bets suspended on Lucy Beale's killer

LA2UKLA2UK Posts: 139
Forum Member
http://walfordeast.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/bookies-suspend-bets-on-lucy-killer.html?m=1

Apparently, the Andre Vocase blog and the stuff on his facebook page and in Closer Magazine is the sole reason for all bets being suspended, but how can they do that? Surely people are entitled to bet on anything they wish (within reason) So, they are re-writing, allegedly :o

Comments

• olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its not Jay - IMO he was off to see Ben and just happened to be on the same bus as Lucy

massive red herring
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be very surprised if it was Jay.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This story is absolute nonsense.

"There's been a leak so we've been forced to pull the plug on the whodunnit market" :confused:

In what way has there been a leak? People have placed these best as a result of what happened in last weeks episodes, and because Jay now looks massively guilty. That is not a "leak".
  • LA2UKLA2UK Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    its not Jay - IMO he was off to see Ben and just happened to be on the same bus as Lucy

massive red herring
    You're right about that, it's a red herring indeed, but the bookies have been deluged with bets on him being the killer. He's just scared of getting the blame (though he obviously knows that Ben done it)
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if it was Jay.

I know, it's not, and that's basically what they say on the link and on the original blog
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    This story is absolute nonsense.

"There's been a leak so we've been forced to pull the plug on the whodunnit market" :confused:

In what way has there been a leak? People have placed these best as a result of what happened in last weeks episodes, because Jay now looks massively guilty. That is not a "leak".
    Very true. Given the fact that they could write what they want anyway, as the finished result, a leak, as such, is impossible. I s'pose they can get a bit p'd off if someone has guessed the exact outcome they were going for, but that's still not a leak, like you say
  • mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well on paddypower Lola is the favourite and you can still bet on there
  • wwinterjwwinterj Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

massive red herring

Agreed. Not sure how bookies can think it's a leak when EE has been hinting about it and nothing more.
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The public are more gullible than I give them credit. :D

Jay went from 100/1 to 4/1.
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leak indeed. How. Only the four people know who killed her, and the ending hasn't even been scripted or filmed yet
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

massive red herring

I agree, Jay was definitely off to see Ben. Which in my opinion will lead the next suspect being Ben.

The fact he was off to see Ben, you can understand why he wouldn't want to say after all the Heather business.
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I agree, Jay was definitely off to see Ben. Which in my opinion will lead the next suspect being Ben.

The fact he was off to see Ben, you can understand why he wouldn't want to say after all the Heather business.

Pretty much. And the reason he is a bag of nerves is explained in this interview from just yesterday, which immediately preceded the Ladbrokes veto on betting

http://whokilledlucybeale.blog.com/
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're idiots
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're idiots

Agreed.

What utter bollocks! :D
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    don't understand pulling the betting. There hasn't been a leak it's just the gullible public betting on Jay after last weeks red herring episodes. If the bookies watched the show they'd understand this and cash in on the idiots betting on Jay just like they did on the 'Les did it' crowd after the ridiculous fanfiction appeared on the net.

And as for re-writing that is bollocks. DTC has planned this story through to Feb and will not be re-writing, although when it's revealed to NOT be Les or Jay the people who fell for the red-herrings/fanfiction will claim it was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    When and why did Lola become the favourite?
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All that money they've now lost out on, as hes not the killer. :D
  • Siobhan_KellySiobhan_Kelly Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I think Alex is the culprit
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadiochao wrote: »
    When and why did Lola become the favourite?

I think because all the 'secrets' i.e Purse and Phone buried on Billy's allotment, dodgy relationship with the sibling. Lola is only one of a few characters on screen that is looking shifty at the sound of her name. Lola is capable of accidental murder imo. Slight motive of hatred. Danielle could carry the reveal.

Having said all this I've not put money on her,:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    I think because all the 'secrets' i.e Purse and Phone buried on Billy's allotment, dodgy relationship with the sibling. Lola is only one of a few characters on screen that is looking shifty at the sound of her name. Lola is capable of accidental murder imo. Slight motive of hatred. Danielle could carry the reveal.

Having said all this I've not put money on her,:D

That's all true, but those clues have been shown over a long period of time.
    She seems to have suddenly gone from having 66/1 odds - like most of the characters not involved - all the way up to the favourite without any big reveal that puts her in the frame.

Perhaps the leak didn't incriminate Jay, but instead Lola. If that's the case, I hope they don't cancel all bets because of it. I've had a bet on Lola for a few months that'll give me a £470 payout if I'm right.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not even bothering to contemplate who it may be
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably just publicity by the bookies if there hasnt been a leak they will reopen the book and accept bets again
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LA2UK wrote: »
    You're right about that, it's a red herring indeed, but the bookies have been deluged with bets on him being the killer. He's just scared of getting the blame (though he obviously knows that Ben done it)

thats just the gullible public believing the red herring, no reason at all for the bookies to suspend betting - they dont loose anything when it turns out its not Jay (Im not a betting person so Im not 100% sure that Im right but I think I am) surely its more money for the bookies - not a reason to suspend betting

I dont believe this story for one second - sorry
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats just the gullible public believing the red herring, no reason at all for the bookies to suspend betting - they dont loose anything when it turns out its not Jay (Im not a betting person so Im not 100% sure that Im right but I think I am) surely its more money for the bookies - not a reason to suspend betting

I dont believe this story for one second - sorry

I work fora bookies and the book is no longer open on who killed lucy beale with Ladbrokes I just checked on Ladbrokes .com.
    If the company believes that someone has insider information they would be committing financial suicide by carrying on taking bets on what is a foregone conclusion .The other bookies are stil ltaking bets on it though so either Ladbrokes has insider info or someone has panicked after a few heafty bets have been put on in the space of a short time
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand them doing this for sport but since its been said before no one other than DTC knows who did it. Even the actors don't know which one of them it is. Can't believe the public actually fell for it, believing it was jay. Won't be ben either. Why would he for a start. Im still thinking it will end up being max when she hit her head the car lot. Developed some kind of blood clot since thats the only wound she had when she was found. Or maybe it'll turn out to be rainie.