How to remove Virgin Spam filters on my webmail?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
Forum Member
A lot of my e-mail gets filtered out by Virgin's spam filter at their server level - and consequently does not get to the e-mail client on my PC.

I wish *ALL* mail sent to me arrives at my PC - not filtered by someone elses take on what *I* want. I can deal with spam at my end without any help, thank you!

However, I'm unable to locate any setting that allows me to totally disable, or in fact just amend, that spam filtering. And logging into the web mail every few days and having to go to my 'Spam' box, select 'ALL' and then select the 'Not spam' option is a right pain in the rear!

Can anyone tell me how it can be done, please?

Comments

• BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    Instructions are in this help article http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=A2BA7610-CFE1-4EF9-9867-8F8E8AC5AB91

Question 4. How do I turn off the spam filter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Thanks, Ben.

Well, I seem to have done it DESPITE the instructions on the web pages being well out ie from 'Settings' page, one also needs to select 'Filters' tab - not said in instructions... and also filters settings box look and use differs completely to the description in the help info.... not at all intuitive.

Surely much easier to have a click box to enable/disable/edit Spam filter on the main mail pages? And a much better designed editing form?

Oh well, my problem resolved anyway.... but wondering how many other people are losing mail due to the default application and settings of the spam filter? Quite a bit of important stuff I discovered was getting blocked in my case so for months and months I've been having to unspam everything in there.

And have been searching high and low on the site for those instructions - even did the 'Jenny' automated help thing - about as useful as a hankerchief in a monsoon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    VM have recently redesigned there e-mail page and as usual are very slow in updating the relevant help pages.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the change in spam filters happened when they moved to google mail system.

I noticed how they are now recommending to use the web interface for checking e-mail, lol