Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    It was NOT just celeb men. Groping etc. just happened.....it was simply not viewed in the same way as it is today. Many things were just shrugged off as being 'that is the way it is' especially in attitudes of men towards women. It is difficult to seperate todays cultural/moral standards with what was 'accepted' in the past

In other countries it still goes on a quite lot and is accepted, they have not accepted the 'shock horror state' we live in

Not being funny there was a program on TV the other day about learner drivers and one of the guys blatantly kept molesting a girl he was not in a relationship, so it still happens here, he was drunk and putting his hand all over her breasts and she kept pushing him off, and maybe in 20 years if she looks back she might say that was wrong in the future current time,

A 9 year old girl is not right though I don't think in any country but I don't think his convicted offences were that heavy really
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    But it's not so much about what was acceptable, it's about men actually wanting to do it. What made so many of them that way inclined? All the stories you hear of abuse...and then there's the ones you don't hear about. I'm sure it's enough to make anyone with kids paranoid.
    I suppose because they could get away with it. Possibly as many of those types exist today but it's not so easy for them to get away with it as there is more likelihood of them being accused of assault.
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get the **** off the internet. Just go.

It's people like you that prevent the victims from finding the strength to come forward. Rape is rape: regardless of how long ago it took place and how long it takes a person to come forward. You don't know the woman, and you don't know Bill Roache, so why don't you keep your disgusting attitude to yourself?

And neither do you know either of them. You can't order people off the internet just because they don't agree with you.
  • dsnikdsnik Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    From the CPS
    Stuart Hall will be sentenced on 17 June at Preston Crown Court after pleading guilty to 14 indecent assaults. Nazir Afzal, Chief Crown Prosecutor for CPS North West, said:

“We prosecuted Stuart Hall because the evidence of the victims clearly established a pattern of behaviour that was unlawful and for which no innocent explanation could be offered.

“His victims did not know each other and almost two decades separated the first and last assaults but almost all of the victims, including one who was only nine at the time of the assault, provided strikingly similar accounts. Whether in public or private, Hall would first approach under friendly pretences and then bide his time until the victim was isolated. He can only be described as an opportunistic predator.”

Hall admitted the 14 offences at a hearing on 16 April. Reporting restrictions were in place while the CPS considered whether a charge of rape should proceed to trial. Mr Afzal continued:

“We have this week met with the woman who alleged that she had been raped by Stuart Hall, a charge which he has denied. The welfare of complainants is a top priority for us and we always take their concerns into account. In light of the guilty pleas already entered, the complainant no longer wishes to give evidence on the allegation of rape, and we have concluded that it would not be in the public interest to take steps to make her give evidence in court. As such, we will not be proceeding with this charge.

“I would like to thank the victims for having had the bravery to come forward. This case clearly shows that the victims of abuse will not be denied justice by the passage of time and abusers will be held to account.”
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loonattic wrote: »
    sh has had plenty of time as an adult to come forward.it only seems to be now when loads of others have come out with stories about other celebrities.i wouldnt be suprised if she was mentaly disturbed if its not chasing after money.

I hope this morning's news shows you what an idiotic statement that was.
  • Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to wonder again if Esther knew more about what went on around BBCTV centre than she admits to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    How strange not to report him there and then perhaps saving other children from his perverted ways.

Believe me, this is a common response of many parents, I know from the experience of a friend of mine who experienced abuse at the hands of a relative (and the experiences of other survivors). Some people simply put their priority of having 'a quiet life' and 'not upsetting the status quo' above their child, or any other child's wellbeing. These kind of people are the exact reason why justice for abuse victims is so rare and in many cases victims spend their lives in misery going unheard.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

Assuming her words are sound, very glad to hear she's come forward.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought the allegations had related to something about 30 or more years ago?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    I thought the allegations had related to something about 30 or more years ago?

And witnessing similar behaviour from the same person as alleged wouldn't be worth mentioning?
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    Believe me, this is a common response of many parents, I know from the experience of a friend of mine who experienced abuse at the hands of a relative (and the experiences of other survivors). Some people simply put their priority of having 'a quiet life' and 'not upsetting the status quo' above their child, or any other child's wellbeing. These kind of people are the exact reason why justice for abuse victims is so rare and in many cases victims spend their lives in misery going unheard.

The parents priority may have been their child? I don't know if Hall was famous at the time but if he had denied claims at the time, then the parents would in have to put their child through making statements and being cross-examined?
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Believe me, this is a common response of many parents, I know from the experience of a friend of mine who experienced abuse at the hands of a relative (and the experiences of other survivors). Some people simply put their priority of having'a quiet life' and 'not upsetting the status quo' above their child, or any other child's wellbeing. These kind of people are the exact reason why justice for abuse victims is so rare and in many cases victims spend their lives in misery going unheard.
    I just find that incredible to hear ....who will do right by your children if you don't as a parent?
    :mad:
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assuming her words are sound, very glad to hear she's come forward.
    deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    I just find that incredible to hear ....who will do right by your children if you don't as a parent?
    :mad:

I don't know what to add other than it's the truth, albeit a horrible one.
    The parents priority may have been their child? I don't know if Hall was famous at the time but if he had denied claims at the time, then the parents would in have to put their child through making statements and being cross-examined?

It's a bitterly cold person who would sooner see another child raped or molested than see their own child get justice. Besides, I find it unlikely that not one of the 13 victims was willing to speak out.
    Forum Member
    It's a bitterly cold person who would sooner see another child raped or molested than see their own child get justice. Besides, I find it unlikely that not one of the 13 victims was willing to speak out.

The CPS were making it clear the individuals were unknown to each other...therefore the parents may have considered the best interest of their child was not to face a court a appearnce, not to be cross-exaimed, not to have the character of their child ripped to shreds by a defence lawyer.

If the Yewtree report is correct hundreds of people did not speak out about Jimmy Savile, in North Wales despite extensive publicity in the 90's and the Waterhouse Inquiry some people have only spoken to police or other organisations only very recently.
    Forum Member
    Seems like Stuart Hall had his 'own' room at Look North ie the medical room, where it is said women would entertain him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Interesting article in the Daily Mirror on 23rd March when they noted that "Controversial Corrie star Bill Roache’s magazine firm has lost more than £2million, records show. He is a co-director of Ridings Publishing with broadcaster Stuart Hall, who faces rape and child sex charges, and Blackpool FC owner Owen Oyston, a convicted rapist."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bill-roache-corries-ken-barlow-1779995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LT9 wrote: »
    Interesting article in the Daily Mirror on 23rd March when they noted that "Controversial Corrie star Bill Roache’s magazine firm has lost more than £2million, records show. He is a co-director of Ridings Publishing with broadcaster Stuart Hall, who faces rape and child sex charges, and Blackpool FC owner Owen Oyston, a convicted rapist."

Excellent find.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whoa! Don't want to read too much into the connections between these people but it does seem to support the theory that those of a similar ilk seem to mingle- NOT that this implies anything organized, just a shared set of outdated attitudes and beliefs..
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now that's interesting! Very good find.
  • vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »
    Now that's interesting! Very good find.

Could that be birds of a feather stick together ?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could that be birds of a feather stick together ?

Could be or it could be pure coincidence that he was in business with them , I mean if the families of those convicted did not know who is to say their friends and business associates did, ( Osytons case was very complicated and included aquittals, retrials galore and he was rejected for parole as he refused to admit guilt- not saying he is innocent just that there were some very muddy waters there )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good to see that bill roach denies the ridiculous claims and will fight them.i can see this being thrown out of court as there is no actuall evidence of anything happening.how could there be after nearly half a centuary? just the words of someone out to cause trouble and they have succeeded in that.i would think that very few people belive this story.it makes you wonder why they bothered to come out with something that cant be proved.it just shows further that the woman saying it could have problems.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loonattic wrote: »
    good to see that bill roach denies the ridiculous claims and will fight them.i can see this being thrown out of court as there is no actuall evidence of anything happening.how could there be after nearly half a centuary? just the words of someone out to cause trouble and they have succeeded in that.i would think that very few people belive this story.it makes you wonder why they bothered to come out with something that cant be proved.it just shows further that the woman saying it could have problems.

Did you not notice that Stuart Hall's crimes date back to the 60s too?

And how on earth do you know there's no evidence?

Personally I think they have evidence against Bill Roache to charge him so quickly. Maybe the girl told other people about the rapes at the time and they kept quiet. Who knows.
This discussion has been closed.