Grade your team's 2013/14 season

shubstarshubstar Posts: 225
Forum Member
Now the season is finally over, rate your team's season (A - F).

United - (E-)

The only reason it's not an F is the emergence of Adnan Januzaj. I believe he will become a future star of the premier league.

Otherwise: loss of the greatest manager of the premier league era, loss of our captain, no trophies (comm shield doesn't count), no european football next season, spanked by pretty much all the top teams and worst of all, absolute dire football for most of the season.
Will try best to erase from memory!

Your turn...

Grade your team's 2013/14 season 59 votes

A
27% 16 votes
B
11% 7 votes
C
18% 11 votes
D
10% 6 votes
E
10% 6 votes
F
22% 13 votes

Comments

• alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everton
    B+
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to post a poll but spotted another thread without a poll.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1962552

I have asked the mods to merge the two threads.

So Grade your team's performance from A to F [I was going to make It 1 to 10 but best to match the other thread]

Poll follows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted Arsenal a C as a pass grade getting into the CL again.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    This poll makes absolutely no sense at all given that everyone supports different teams.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    This poll makes absolutely no sense at all given that everyone supports different teams.

To explain I have a theory that most fans are always dissatisfied. I didn't want to say that and thereby perhaps influence voting but there we are.

See this

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/making-grade-did-team-perform-season-165034429.html
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal;

B (A- if we win the FA cup)
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    II suppose it will show the general, overall satisfaction of the fans on here. But as everyone will probably lie, and say they're over the moon about their teams's progress, it won't even show that. :)

Chelsea..we did great, everything I'd hoped for at the beginning of the season.

I actually gave us a "B".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    II suppose it will show the general, overall satisfaction of the fans on here. But as everyone will probably lie, and say they're over the moon about their teams's progress, it won't even show that. :)

Chelsea..we did great, everything I'd hoped for at the beginning of the season.

;-)

Try and be honest with your initial gut reaction on the last day.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal B- (rising to B if we win next weekend).
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    I still dont get it. What if 75% of the voters all support Man Utd? Or if 75% of the voters support City?
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crawley Town

Started off pretty slow for our second season in League 1. Richie Barker just wasn't up for it and got sacked. John Gregory came in around december time and got off to a pretty good start.
    Gave us confidence and had hopes for the play-offs. Bad weather stopped us playing for a whole month. We lost 6 games in a row which is terrible.

Finished 14th

Not a bad season but it could have been so much better. Having to play Saturday, Tuesday for 3 months, took its toll on the players.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crawley Town (D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still dont get it. What if 75% of the voters all support Man Utd? Or if 75% of the voters support City?

Good point if either is true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It will just show the footy-related happiness quotient of our little band of posters here. :)
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would vote but as a Manchester United supporter - I cant as the poll only goes up to F and I want to vote -Z - so I will have to pass on this.
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would vote but as a Manchester United supporter - I cant as the poll only goes up to F and I want to vote -Z - so I will have to pass on this.

Z- is a bit harsh i mean you scored a few goals..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    Z- is a bit harsh i mean you scored a few goals..

Nah, Z- is just fine with me, the season was the pitts, we lurched from one disaster to another, we deserve nothing less.

Roll on next season.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notts County - F August to March, but A* 22nd March to May
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, Z- is just fine with me, the season was the pitts, we lurched from one disaster to another, we deserve nothing less.

Roll on next season.

Yes, but just think of all the pleasure you gave to other fans. There were some young kids who thought there was an FA ruling that United had to finish champions or runners-up in the PL.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but just think of all the pleasure you gave to other fans. There were some young kids who thought there was an FA ruling that United had to finish champions or runners-up in the PL.

Glad we cheered some people up, me I was crying tears of frustration and anger, over that pitiful showing last season.

Roll on next season - defo wont be -Z.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I voted Arsenal a C as a pass grade getting into the CL again.

that should be a, A++

4th is Arsenal's target every season. :D
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    West Bromwich Albion.

E...The wrong end of mid table.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Liverpool - A

Winning the title would have made it an A*
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manchester United - D-.
    Peterborough United - B. This will go up to A if we win the play-offs, especially being 11pts behind 5th-placed Preston.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool A-
    Great season had we pulled the unthinkable it would of been an a+