Options

Official UK Lost Season 3 Thread (Sky One Pace, no spoilers please!)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,755
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now they've announced the date, we can start looking forward to it. Bring on NOVEMBER! (and not Spring, thanks C4)

Feels great that Sky are really appealing to the Lost fan and allowing us, from February, to be just days behind the US.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's great, at last everyone should be at the same point, therefore enabling you to say "ooh, did you see Lost last night" again without having to check whether your mates have downloaded it yet or not. It should greatly reduce the risk of spoilers. I just hope Sky don't start showing too much in the trailers. I am looking forward to seeing it on 'proper telly' but for those of you with HD it's going to be awesome.
  • Options
    Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    *Donna* wrote:
    I just hope Sky don't start showing too much in the trailers.

Sky have been very, very good about this with 24 - the trailers are mostly "previously on 24" and any clips of future episodes are carefully put together so as not to give anything away. I'm sure they'll be the same with Lost, unlike Channel 4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seriously tempted to go down the HD route now - between Lost and BSG it seems genuinely worthwhile (Mr. Hol has been wanting it for ages and I've been resisting!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally we will be able to surf the internet with a mountain of Lost spoliers to avoid. It ruined season 2 for me. So being 4 days behind USA is good for me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    what? they're showing it in november?? really?? wow, wish i hadn't wasted time downloading it now...:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what? they're showing it in november?? really?? wow, wish i hadn't wasted time downloading it now...:o

I'm actually quite happy that we hadn't got around to it yet now - been focussing on BSG, Smallville and Supernatural, Lost was way down the queue.
  • Options
    mark165mark165 Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    As a non-Sky subscriber, can anyone tell me how I will be able to download the episodes (legally!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    ahh i miss the E4 thread. :(

anyway, wot date is it - i havnt seen it
  • Options
    ParkerParker Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mark165 wrote:
    As a non-Sky subscriber, can anyone tell me how I will be able to download the episodes (legally!)

No legal way at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    mark165 wrote:

Sky might make them available to watch online like channel 4 did, at £1.99 an episode or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's been confirmed the episodes will definitely be available online, the only question at the moment is whether or not it'll be restricted to Sky subscribers only (as in the Sky By Broadband service)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure it'll be restricted, makes more people sign up for the Sky By Broadband service, which ive heard is ****.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mark165 wrote:

Legally download off itunes for £1.99 per eppie :)
  • Options
    The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozzyoborne wrote:
    Legally download off itunes for £1.99 per eppie :)
    Or fly to the US, find an internet cafe and download it from the ABC website for free! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    The Slug wrote:
    Or fly to the US, find an internet cafe and download it from the ABC website for free! ;)

Is there any way you can confuse the website and make it think you're in america? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Is there any way you can confuse the website and make it think you're in america? :D

I tried it using a whole bunch of different proxies, almost got there a couple of times but its just so damn smart; it wouldn't let me in :(

Doesn't matter now though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just think, in February, you won't have to worry with all this downloading lark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the proper trailers have started, with Sky using the US ones. Excellent, I love those trailers.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I cant wait for series 3 of Lost to start but has the start date been confirmed yet for it on Sky One as the last I heard it was either the 18th or 19th November!
    I hope it is the Sunday night as once 24 starts then that would make a great night of TV with Lost!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's been confirmed, Sunday 19th at 10pm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's been confirmed, Sunday 19th at 10pm.

ah thanks, because I'm sure people were saying it started today!

I had been downloading....well someone had been sending them to me, but for some reason he's decided not to send me them any more but hasnt told me why, so I'll have to switch to Sky now rather than in a few weeks.

Hey ho.

Its a shame I've already managed to see spoilers though :(
    I try so hard not to
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I have managed to avoid any spoilers so far and I cant wait for the 19th November as it is less than 2 weeks away!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's there to spoil? Nothing ever happens in Lost :p

Take the season 3 prem, Locke treks somewhere, Jack is all serious, Kate does her best to look pretty, Sawyer makes a wise crack, Hurley is still fat, and Ecko is still carrying his scripture club!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Stiffler wrote:
    What's there to spoil? Nothing ever happens in Lost :p

Take the season 3 prem, Locke treks somewhere, Jack is all serious, Kate does her best to look pretty, Sawyer makes a wise crack, Hurley is still fat, and Ecko is still carrying his scripture club!

I would consider it a spoiler to say that about Locke and Ecko, as those that have avoided spoilers don't yet know if have survived!!!!!!!!! :mad:
  • Options
    oli3032oli3032 Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    I would consider it a spoiler to say that about Locke and Ecko, as those that have avoided spoilers don't yet know if have survived!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Totally agree there! :mad: