Options

Alex, Alistair, and Carolynne

trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
Forum Member
✭✭
I firstly want to congratulate all of them! <<drum roll please>>.

I make no bones that I have supported and loved Alistair from the start of this competition. Ever since I heard him announced singing a Take That song, when I thought 'poor bloke' and then I heard him sing!!!!!! He pulled it off, and then some!!!

I admit his performances haven't always been the best, but I remember 'Whenerever I May Go' and 'This Old Heat Of Mine' and Jealous Guy' being nothing short of brilliant.

I also acknowledge that Carolynnes 'Tell Me Lies', 'Underneath Your Clothes' , and 'I Drove All Night' have also been excellent.

AND Alex singing 'Beautiful' , and 'Yellow' have blown my mind away.

IMPO Carolynne was the best of tonights first show. She was absolutely brilliant, and it's a shame that she had to go.

My point of this post is basically to say that both Alex and Alistair are equally brilliantly talented in different ways. Neither deserved to win over the other!

What I am worried about though, is about the almost certain complaints about tonights BBC3 show and Daniel Bedingfield's 'Vote Alex' comments on BBC1. My personal view is that the BBC3 show was uttterly disgraceful. John Thompsons joke was disgraceful, and the lack of an Alistair interview was disgraceful, I also know for a fact that they could have managed to get more than 1 Alistair supporter for their superfans bit. I also feel that Daniel Bedingfield was out of order considering Alistair near enough sang him off stage IMO.

What I am saying is that Alex is great, she is a great winner, and I for one hope to see what she is made of! So I am hoping that none of the BBC3, Teacher bias effects this, as this isn't her FAULT.

Comments

• Options
    Gaz71-TheReturnGaz71-TheReturn Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    My point of this post is basically to say that both Alex and Alistair are equally brilliantly talented in different ways. Neither deserved to win

You're absolutely right, Carolynne was the best tonight, and her self penned song was better than those two dreary numbers Alex and Alistair performed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Alistair did have an interview. Claudia whisked him away, and showed him all his Dark Horse stuff, and he had his whole family on the sofas with him. Why didn't some people see this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    i second u with everything u said its been a massive success for them all and hopefully all 3 will get contracts because they deserve it....
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    and 2 of them get the flat too.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My point of this post is basically to say that both Alex and Alistair are equally brilliantly talented in different ways. Neither deserved to win

Ooopsssss, typo I meant either deserved to win
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by mistymungo
    But Alistair did have an interview. Claudia whisked him away, and showed him all his Dark Horse stuff, and he had his whole family on the sofas with him. Why didn't some people see this?

I think trinity2002 is referring to the BBC3 show between the two main shows where Claudia Winkleman joined Alex lying on the floor to talk to her but then didn't go and speak to Alistair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seemed to me it was the biggest piece of spin since.........well does anyone know??????