MiniDisc to MP3 (or iTunes)

Hey guys,

Can anyone help? I was clearing out a cupboard and discovered a bunch of old MiniDisc compilations friends put together for me. Getting all nostalgic I dug out my old player and took a trip down memory lane. :)

The problem is I now want them on my iTunes (on a Mac). Does anyone know of a way? I worked out I can feed them into GarageBand via an audio input but this would be one giant track, I'd prefer to have the songs individually for the iTunes shuffle.

Anyone and ideas?

Cheers.

Comments

• fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    thats how its done. recording via analog. and thats how sony killed the minidisc, limiting its functionality to analog tape:( split the tracks the way you'd do it recording a mix tape;) nice and tedious

of course you are reencoding compressed audio from whatever sources through analog to recompressed mp3. unless you have to do this, i'd suggest against it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    frasera wrote: »
    thats how its done. recording via analog. and thats how sony killed the minidisc, limiting its functionality to analog tape:( split the tracks the way you'd do it recording a mix tape;) nice and tedious

Thought so :cry:

frasera wrote: »
    of course you are reencoding compressed audio from whatever sources through analog to recompressed mp3. unless you have to do this, i'd suggest against it.

I though that too. I looked at how much it would cost to simply buy them all from iTunes and recreate the play lists but it worked out at around £170 pounds! So that rules that out. :eek: