Options

James Jordan 'accused of homophobia over Austin Armacost row'

Comments

• Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard the term 'soft boy' - but not in relation to homosexuality. I've heard it used in relation to implying weak, not 'hard' (in the manly, macho sense). Come on hit me soft lad, if you think you can - that sort of thing.
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    swaydog wrote: »
    Ironically, assumimg "soft boys" is a reference to gay guys is a bit homophobic in itself.

Exactly ........
  • Options
    bettyboom43bettyboom43 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swaydog wrote: »
    Ironically, assumimg "soft boys" is a reference to gay guys is a bit homophobic in itself.

As well as the presumption that just because Austen is gay, all his friends will be gay.
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    wildpark wrote: »
    Of course it was homophobic. He was saying you are gay and so are effeminate. The reason he said it was because as a dancer (and rather effeminate himself) he probably got called that all his life, so when he is angry he uses it on others. Austin (in addition to his vanity) is actually rather aggressive. James would never have said that outside the protection of the CBB house. What James does not realise is that some gay men (including Austin probably) love to fight.

Austin is verbally aggressive , but he'd shit a brick if physically expected to defend himself . He's all mouth and aggressive well practiced gladitorial poses, shoulders back, balled fists etc . But make no mistake , all his getting up in faces is posturing . He knows fine well who he can get away with doing it to (usually women) .James got in his face over Stacy, and Spencer got in his face over Heidi and he is fuming at being challenged .
    In my opinion he truly is a soft boy , purely on his endless crying , whining, complaining about everything and toothless threats to walk .
    There are multiple fire doors Austin , JUST DO THE WALKING AND STOP THE SQUAWKING .🐤
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Of course it was homophobic. He was saying you are gay and so are effeminate. The reason he said it was because as a dancer (and rather effeminate himself) he probably got called that all his life, so when he is angry he uses it on others. Austin (in addition to his vanity) is actually rather aggressive. James would never have said that outside the protection of the CBB house. What James does not realise is that some gay men (including Austin probably) love to fight.

So what was it a couple of night's ago when Austin was commenting on how camp Jordan was? And wasn't Austin's intent on many of his various insults aimed in Jordan's direction to cast doubt on James' sexuality and imply that he was in the closet? Was that homophobia too?
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's best just to ignore nonsense articles like this.
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he meant it as a homophobic slur, but as none of us knows him I don't see how any opinion can be rubbished here.

Austin can be loud and quite intimidating. I took James's comment to mean, " you aren't dealing with someone who won't stand up to you now...".
    Had he said that, there would be no discussion .
    His choice of language leaves his comment open to interpretation and we won't all interpret things the same way.

Until James clarifies what he meant no one is right or wrong here.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've heard soft loads to mean exactly that, not homophobic at all. Why, because Austin happens to be gay, should he not be stood up to?! I am gay and if I behaved in that ridiculous manner I'd expect to be told where to go lmao.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »
    I am getting fed up with all these liberals, they're ruin this country. >:(

Any excuse to jump on James's back and give him a good kicking :rolleyes:
    Funny how there was no mention what Austin said & did to James in the bedroom, which IMO was far worse than anything James said.

What have liberals got to do with the price of eggs?

: liberal

willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.

(of education) concerned with broadening a person's general knowledge and experience, rather than with technical or professional training.
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whinging queens like this make me ashamed to be gay sometimes - this is why trump won!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Of course it was homophobic.

Poppycock

He was saying you are gay and so are effeminate. The reason he said it was because as a dancer (and rather effeminate himself) he probably got called that all his life, so when he is angry he uses it on others.

Not fact at all. He was saying nothing of the sort.

Austin (in addition to his vanity) is actually rather aggressive.

I'll give you that one.

James would never have said that outside the protection of the CBB house.

How do you know - did he tell you?

What James does not realise is that some gay men (including Austin probably) love to fight.

Doesn't he? Did he tell you that? (or are you just making an assumption again?) And how relevant is that statement anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Vicky. wrote: »
    I have never known 'soft boy' to be normally used as a slur towards gay people?

Me neither, what's more 'soft lad' is a term that is used very often in the North of England .... and it's nothing to be with being gay either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    Whinging queens like this make me ashamed to be gay sometimes - this is why trump won!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    What makes James think Austin is used playing with little soft boys ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yogacats wrote: »
    Me neither, what's more 'soft lad' is a term that is used very often in the North of England .... and it's nothing to be with being gay either.

Thats true. My Dad and Grandad from Lancs used to say "soft 'a -peth" Which mean't daft, silly, dopey or some such I think.
  • Options
    DippydollyDippydolly Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yogacats wrote: »

Yup, soft lad is used lots here in Yorkshire, meaning a man or boy who has done something stupid...absolutely nothing related to being gay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't get the impression that James J has a phobia of gay people seeing as he works with so many.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dippydolly wrote: »
    Yup, soft lad is used lots here in Yorkshire, meaning a man or boy who has done something stupid...absolutely nothing related to being gay.

I remember they used to use it a lot on Brookside too :D I've heard it on Emmerdale also.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What have liberals got to do with the price of eggs?

: liberal

willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.

(of education) concerned with broadening a person's general knowledge and experience, rather than with technical or professional training.

Left Wing Liberalism or Liberals are people who go OTT on social equality, they're the ones who ban the use of the word Blackboard and replaced it with chalk board.

They're also responsible for the attack and protesting of "Blacked Up" Morris Dancers...

MORRIS DANCERS RACE ROW ‘Blacked up’ Morris dancers flee in terror after they were threatened and accused of being racist for painting their faces in Birmingham city centre

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2564606/blacked-up-morris-dancers-flee-in-terror-after-they-were-threatened-and-accused-of-being-racist-for-painting-their-faces-in-birmingham-city-centre/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I remember they used to use it a lot on Brookside too :D I've heard it on Emmerdale also.

That's true, well you're almost an honorary Norvener :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »
    Left Wing Liberalism or Liberals are people who go OTT on social equality, they're the ones who ban the use of the word Blackboard and replaced it with chalk board.

They're also responsible for the attack and protesting of "Blacked Up" Morris Dancers...

MORRIS DANCERS RACE ROW ‘Blacked up’ Morris dancers flee in terror after they were threatened and accused of being racist for painting their faces in Birmingham city centre

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2564606/blacked-up-morris-dancers-flee-in-terror-after-they-were-threatened-and-accused-of-being-racist-for-painting-their-faces-in-birmingham-city-centre/

So who was it who changed the word black board to chalk board and how do you know what their politics are? Even allowing for the fact that the blackboard itself fell into disuse a coupleofo decades ago, having been superceeded by the white board and then the electronic white board.

As for the Birmingham story, I saw the news item on Midlands Today and the vox pop carried out as part of that story. The objector was black,. The people interviewed who saw it as racist were all black or Asian. We were not given insight to the politics of any of the 8 or so vox pop interviewees or indeed the complaint.
  • Options
    Bless YouBless You Posts: 4,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    It's best just to ignore nonsense articles like this.

Aye.

Don't feed them.
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are these 'little soft boys' he is referring to , then ?

They are the opposite to James, the men who are scaredy cats and dont open their mouths to view their opinions.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What makes James think Austin is used playing with little soft boys ?

because Austin usually picks on women
  • Options
    Lozzo99Lozzo99 Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand James but its nonsense to say his "soft boy" jibe was in any way anti-gay.
    The actual words were something like "I'm a real boy, you're a soft boy - you're used to playing with soft boys but if you want to mess with real boys you're going to get hurt."
    Remember James had just come back to find his bed soaked in water and an aggressive Austin throwing vile insults at him and poking him in an intimidating way.
    James of course had had enough and was warning him to behave himself. The "soft boy" thing was meant as "Look, I'm physically stronger and emotionally tougher than you so don't mess with me - you're a soft emotional wreck who only picks on weak people and females".