Options

Why on Earth shouldn't Angie Best mention about health stuff like the lymph nodes?.

CalamCalam Posts: 386
Forum Member
Just because that fat lazy smoker Colleen feels bad about herself as she's dragging on her cancer stick.

And I don't know why Callum is arse kissing Colleen about it.

I don't think any of the others mind when Angie goes on about it. It's just acceptance that people are different and say different things. I think Angie is fairly accepting now that a lot of them don't look after themselves that well.

Colleen is in complete denial about the state of her health and probably is even more defensive about it seeing as she lost her sister to cancer. If that doesn't make you overhaul your health then nothing will!

Comments

• Options
    LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it's preachy, annoying and none of her business.

If it's acceptance that people are 'different' then she's the one who needs to be more accepting.
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's the way she says it rather than what she's saying. That hectoring, dogmatic, 'listen to me because I know best' lecturing never goes down well. And it's none of her business what other people do.
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    Someone should really take to mentioning the dangers of plastic surgery everytime she gets on her high horse.

Its not about he not mentioning it. but she seems to preach. Constantly.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calam wrote: »
    Just because that fat lazy smoker Colleen feels bad about herself as she's dragging on her cancer stick.
    So because she feels bad about herself (according to you) Angie should be allowed to bang on and on *yawn* and make her feel worse?

Why would you applaud someone being spiteful, tactless and nasty? :confused:
    And I don't know why Callum is arse kissing Colleen about it.
    Maybe becuase, unlike you, he can see that his mum's being spiteful, tactless and nasty?
    I don't think any of the others mind when Angie goes on about it. It's just acceptance that people are different and say different things. I think Angie is fairly accepting now that a lot of them don't look after themselves that well.
    But that's none of her business though and if she's not specifically asked for health/dietary/keep fit advice - she should STFU and leave them to it.

What's it to her?

She's completely overbearing and nobody gives a shit about her old bollocks.
    Colleen is in complete denial about the state of her health and probably is even more defensive about it seeing as she lost her sister to cancer. If that doesn't make you overhaul your health then nothing will!
    Is she?

Then why did you say she feels bad about herself? :confused:

Make your mind up.
  • Options
    fanner102fanner102 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because she's an interfering busy body who needs to get over herself!!! that's why!!!!!!!!!

(That description also describes Coleen aswelll.... but hey ho!!!)
  • Options
    CalamCalam Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    sycamore wrote: »
    Maybe it's the way she says it rather than what she's saying. That hectoring, dogmatic, 'listen to me because I know best' lecturing never goes down well. And it's none of her business what other people do.

But she's not telling them what to do,

I think my point is that no one else seems to be that bothered by her apart from Colleen as she's effectively holding a mirror up to her about her self care and habits.
    As both are the older women of the house Angie makes Colleen feel bad about herself when really she should be looking after herself better. Almost every time we see Colleen she's smoking.

Colleen probably won't be around that long if she's carries on like that. And that's a real shame for her family.
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    It is the self-righteous and almost invasive way she goes about dishing advice.

The other housemates all shut down when she's talking about health, and give off very obvious body language signals that they are not interested and feel uncomfortable. The way she doesn't pick up on this only serves to make them irritated. Their health is none of her business in there. They haven't sought her help or advice, so she has no right to keep offering it.

Also, this is just a sidenote, but her "advice" about lymphnodes wasn't advice at all. It was a statement about how rebounding is good for the body. Advice would have been to tell them to bend their knees or engage their core! Can you tell I've been to rebounding (mini trampoline) classes in the past? ;)

Oh, and also, Angie went on about organic food on the launch night live feed, which shows she's not particularly clued up, as recent studies have shown it is not healthier than conventional foods: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/12/think-organic-food-is-better-for-you-animals-and-the-planet-thin/
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think my point is that no one else seems to be that bothered by her apart from Colleen as she's effectively holding a mirror up to her about her self care and habits.
    As both are the older women of the house Angie makes Colleen feel bad about herself when really she should be looking after herself better. Almost every time we see Colleen she's smoking.

Colleen probably won't be around that long if she's carries on like that. And that's a real shame for her family.
    But her son smokes too!

Yes it's stupid but it's an addiction and a hard one to break but I'm sure you know this already.

Angie's haranguing of Colleen is MORE likely to make her reach for a **** and a cake, not less so.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    It's the manner in which she does it and also that it appears to be constant. She has an almost evangelical zeal for it which is probabky very useful to motivate her when training but she isn't in that environment now. As Coleen ssid, she signed up for CBB not Celeb Fit Camp.

Angie is very patronising and lecturing. She seems to thinknshe is conveying new information to them and seems inable to accept that they probabky already know about what the poisons they are taking are doing yo their bodies and minds but are allowed to make that choice for themselves as they are adults.

Even if the info was new to them, she has told them now, no need to keep saying it again and again.

How would people feel if there was a deeply religious person in there who was constantly trying to 're educate' and 'convert' the housemates to their faith? Going on about their spiritual well being and going to hell? Even when they'd been asked to stop again and again?
  • Options
    ElorElor Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    your being way to harsh.
    Is that what you think of people who are over weight? Fat, Lazy! That's not always the case and I don't see her as being lazy at all.
    As for the smoking, we all know the risks from smoking and even when a family member dies from Cancer it doesn't make you jump out of bed the next day and quit! its a very hard thing to do. She has battled with her weight for years, there's no denial from her on that score.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's mentioning it and being health conscious, and there's being a nagging old witch about it. She is so interfering and pushy, when in reality if the likes of Coleen are making unhealthy choices, they are grown adults and it's their own choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member

A mirror nobody, least of all Coleen, asked her to hold up. How Coleen lives her life is up to Coleen. It's none of Angues business. If Collens family is concerned, then it is up yo them to talk to her and hire outdude help for an intervention if needs be.

I don't think.any of the smokers and drinkers are enjoying having her come over and lecturing them constantly. I mean that sums it up, she is so on it. She goes over to the smoking area to lecture them whilst they are having a break. And she loved having the power yo deny them a **** during the task earlier in the week. Even though it is an addiction.
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    The peudoscience prattled about by Angie is rubbish, positive crip really.. Please people, don't rush out and buy a trampoline to "make your lymph nodes more active"..She is like that fake "doctor" who saw things in poo that nobody else could see, and I BET she has never had a weight problem in her life.

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

There are probably many reasons why Colleen feels the need to smoke, and they are none of Angie's business.

Get her out!!!
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    It's the manner in which she does it and also that it appears to be constant. She has an almost evangelical zeal for it which is probabky very useful to motivate her when training but she isn't in that environment now. As Coleen ssid, she signed up for CBB not Celeb Fit Camp.

Angie is very patronising and lecturing. She seems to thinknshe is conveying new information to them and seems inable to accept that they probabky already know about what the poisons they are taking are doing yo their bodies and minds but are allowed to make that choice for themselves as they are adults.

Even if the info was new to them, she has told them now, no need to keep saying it again and again.

How would people feel if there was a deeply religious person in there who was constantly trying to 're educate' and 'convert' the housemates to their faith? Going on about their spiritual well being and going to hell? Even when they'd been asked to stop again and again?

bib - yes, that's it really. Her manner and her lack of awareness of how she's turning people off the subject. I admire that she's dedicated to her job, but in that house nobody asked for her services as a fitness and health instructor and she needs to give it a rest.

Obviously there are a few that are exercising and she's helping them with that, but they ask for that help and all is good there, but Colleen and others haven't asked and some of the remarks that Angie makes are pretty rude.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just irritating.

She's almost got a silly comment to make. I don't smoke and if it bothered me I wouldn't go and sit outside in the bloody area! Her on the sly weight comments are annoying. I'm sure of Callum wasn't in there numerous people would have told her to shut the hell up.
  • Options
    DippydollyDippydolly Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mootle wrote: »
    The peudoscience prattled about by Angie is rubbish, positive crip really.. Please people, don't rush out and buy a trampoline to "make your lymph nodes more active"..She is like that fake "doctor" who saw things in poo that nobody else could see, and I BET she has never had a weight problem in her life.

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

There are probably many reasons why Colleen feels the need to smoke, and they are none of Angie's business.

Get her out!!!

I'm sure she said that if you bounce your lymph nodes bump together to help drainage? Did i hear that correctly? :(
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    So because she feels bad about herself (according to you) Angie should be allowed to bang on and on *yawn* and make her feel worse?

Maybe becuase, unlike you, he can see that his mum's being spiteful, tactless and nasty?

But that's none of her business though and if she's not specifically asked for health/dietary/keep fit advice - she should STFU and leave them to it.

What's it to her?

Is she?

Make your mind up.

All of this. Plus it is annoying others.

Quote "Water isn't for drinking its for washing in" Nicola
    Quote "You can't cook lettuce" Ray J

and did you see the body language from the five who she was asked to coach in a detox or whatever that nonsense was. It was closed and hostile from 4 of them and closed and squirming from Callum.
  • Options
    who, me?who, me? Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angie isn't really 'mentioning' health issues - she's rather ramming them down people's throats. She's doing herself no favours at all in doing so. As someone said, she's being evangelical about it all, but I find it odd that she addresses the other housemates rather than focusing on her son, who smokes like a chimney. She's also treated her own body without respect in having a face lift in her forties. It's great that she's health conscious, but I really think it's best to direct your beliefs towards yourself and lead by example.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

I don't think Stephen Baldwin was that bad :)
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    It doesn't seem like the most holistic approach.

I mean arguably a healthy 'mind' is as important as a healthy body and if you're irritating people with your advice then it's counter-productive (even assuming your advice is sound - which is an other debate).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I don't think Stephen Baldwin was that bad :)

Ha! True.

Thing is, even he was more self aware than Angie!
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »

What's it to her?

Is she?

Make your mind up.

I don't think Angie's attacking anyone or meaning it in a nasty way, if anything she means well but it never goes down well when someone tries to force their views down people's throats. .
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe because it's none of Angie's business perhaps? It's Coleens body. She can abuse it as much as she wants to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Arcana wrote: »
    It doesn't seem like the most holistic approach.

I mean arguably a healthy 'mind' is as important as a healthy body and if you're irritating people with your advice then it's counter-productive (even assuming your advice is sound - which is an other debate).

Yes, I was coming in to say just that.

If she had even the most basic understanding of psychology, she would see that going on about it the way she does (which is aggressive and insulting as well as condescending) about it unsolicited is liable to make people dig their heels in and do what she is advising against more just to be diffucukt and show they won't be nagged or bullied into submission. So, if she actually cares about their health, she's scoring an own goal.

I heard all the messages about the harmful effects of smoking when I was in my teens in the 80s. That, along with the expense, has meant that I have never been a smoker except for the occasional social one (& I do mean occasional, probably no more than 20 my entire life). But I know that if I wss in there, I'd probably pick a packet up just to spite her.

Coleen knows the dangers of smoking. She knows she's overweight. She is aware thst she comfort eats. She already feels rotten and hates herself for it, last ghing she needs os somebody making herself feel worse. That's not going to motivate her at all.

Notice hi4w Angie is concentrating on her the most rather than someone like James Jordan or Jamie who also smoke and enjoy eating crap. Could it be that Coleen is the easiest target?

I don't even much like Coleen by the way but am comeyely on her side with this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    B*witched wrote: »
    I don't think Angie's attacking anyone or meaning it in a nasty way, if anything she means well but it never goes down well when someone tries to force their views down people's throats. .

Exactly.

I also don't think she means it in a nasty way and means well. And of course she's used to LA which is almost militant in it's health kick mentality and where people pay a fortune to be abused by their fitness instructors and life coaches.

Plus I suspect it is a natural part of her personality. Just as moaning is Coleens and winding people up is James'.