Options

Fed up with The Chris Moyles Show.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
Forum Member
✭✭
Im a fan of the show but am getting increasingly fed up with the format.

He never seems to be on these days and it seems like he cant be bothered.

I think if he has made his mind up to leave, he should just go and let someone else take over who is interested.

I would suggest Greg James.

Comments

• Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's on holiday at the moment, Sara Cox did the show last week and Scott Mills is doing it this week.
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love Moyles when he was on the evening shift, but I find his style far too irritating in the morning.

Greg James is nice enough, but the Breakfast Show needs a personality. Maybe they could poach someone from another station. I think Christian O'Connell from Absolute is brilliant plus he plays music and doesn't chat all the time!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite liked Sara Cox doing the show, I think they should give her the show if Moyles leaves, but unfortunately I think they'd be more likely to get Scott Mills to do it.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to say this but I would love a Scott Mills/ Sarah Cox morning show...the two of them together that is.

Scott is great in the afternoon but some peoe they just don't get his humour.

I agree with Chris not being as good nowadays but he has got to stop relying on Dave to bring in the jokes (he's just not funny). Perhaps a new sidekick is in order?
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    I hate to say this but I would love a Scott Mills/ Sarah Cox morning show...the two of them together that is.

Scott is great in the afternoon but some peoe they just don't get his humour.

I agree with Chris not being as good nowadays but he has got to stop relying on Dave to bring in the jokes (he's just not funny). Perhaps a new sidekick is in order?

Maybe they should just rename him 'Dave.'
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's only having a 2 week holiday. Fearne Cotton is the one who's always on leave (Usually doing other tv work).

I like Chris in the morning slot and would switch off if Greg James took over, he's nice but very boring.
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im a fan of the show but am getting increasingly fed up with the format.

He never seems to be on these days and it seems like he cant be bothered.

I think if he has made his mind up to leave, he should just go and let someone else take over who is interested.

I would suggest Greg James.

He's allowed a holiday for heaven's sake!!!

Personally I totally get his humour and love listening to his show on my drive to work (over an hour).

If you don't like his show - then listen to Capital, Kiss, Heart or one of your local ones. There are ways around your problem...
  • Options
    VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought everyone hated Sara Cox?
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's become a shadow of her former irritating self in that she is quite self deprecating and not the go go party girl with the loudmouth...
  • Options
    halfbiscuithalfbiscuit Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    How about James Corden, he's a fat waste of space, the perfect replacement. And he'd laugh at all his own jokes so he wouldn't need sidekicks which would save lots of money. Which he'd spend at Greggs which would move the British economy out of recession.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about James Corden, he's a fat waste of space, the perfect replacement. And he'd laugh at all his own jokes so he wouldn't need sidekicks which would save lots of money. Which he'd spend at Greggs which would move the British economy out of recession.

I'm In !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    killiegirl wrote: »
    I quite liked Sara Cox doing the show, I think they should give her the show if Moyles leaves, but unfortunately I think they'd be more likely to get Scott Mills to do it.

Agreed - I love her personality, Scott Mills is a bit of a twit
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes:
    Oh...another thread about how much we hate the Chris Moyles Show. Because there aren't enough of these over on the Radio forums already...

For the record:
    1. He's allowed a holiday (which he's currently on - so how can you be sick of him if you haven't heard him for a fortnight?)
    2. Dave isn't supposed to 'bring in the jokes'. His nickname Comedy Dave is ironic - although he can actually be quite unwittingly dry and witty.
    3. I rather doubt Sara Cox would do the show even if she was offered it. She has a very young family and seems content with her show and the occasional cover slots.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to.

But she's alright these days. :)

I actually really really enjoyed her week filling in for Chris. Dave and her especially have great chemistry - but she works really well with the whole team, and her more relaxed tone is perfect for the morning. I wouldn't mind her filling in on a more permanent basis, though I guess that's pretty unlikely.

Anything is better than Mills though - can't stand him on breakfast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    Oh...another thread about how much we hate the Chris Moyles Show. Because there aren't enough of these over on the Radio forums already...

For the record:
    1. He's allowed a holiday (which he's currently on - so how can you be sick of him if you haven't heard him for a fortnight?)
    2. Dave isn't supposed to 'bring in the jokes'. His nickname Comedy Dave is ironic - although he can actually be quite unwittingly dry and witty.
    3. I rather doubt Sara Cox would do the show even if she was offered it. She has a very young family and seems content with her show and the occasional cover slots.

You missed the point! I am, on the whole, a fan but am getting fed up with him and his attitude towards the show / station.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    He's only having a 2 week holiday. Fearne Cotton is the one who's always on leave (Usually doing other tv work).

I like Chris in the morning slot and would switch off if Greg James took over, he's nice but very boring.

Fearne Cotton is awful!!

I used to hate sara cox but over the past couple of years she's now one of my favourites.

Still hate Jo wiley!:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fearne Cotton is awful!!

I used to hate sara cox but over the past couple of years she's now one of my favourites.

Still hate Jo wiley!:p

This. I used to find Coxy so irritating, but I really like her now.

I think whoever will take over will be considerably younger than Moyles/Coxy and at that point I think I'll be switching off. Definitely think I must be getting old cos I can't stand the young kids on R1 - Greg James, Tom Deacon etc...
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    You missed the point! I am, on the whole, a fan but am getting fed up with him and his attitude towards the show / station.

He has a point though - I'd be pretty naffed off if my employer was treating him like this: not paying him for so long when he's supposed to be their biggest asset.
    I agree that he occasionally goes about things the wrong way, but in general he loves the station and has a hell of a lot of respect for the show - you can tell with the way he speaks about it how honoured he is to do the slot.
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    ads84 wrote: »

For the record:
    Dont listen to the show now but when I did I often thought Dave and Dominic Byrne were funnier than Chris
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    Sara Cox is great. I like Greg James too, but I love Moyles in the morning.
  • Options
    douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Moyles in the morning but isn't he off to some commerical pap that's going around the country soon?
  • Options
    littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At that time of the morning, why not just merge R1 and R2 with Mr Evans, and then go back to each normal station after 9.30pm. Not that I really care, it's only a suggestion for the debate since I am currently hovering between R5 and LBC at that time anyway.
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    littlefro wrote: »
    At that time of the morning, why not just merge R1 and R2 with Mr Evans, and then go back to each normal station after 9.30pm. Not that I really care, it's only a suggestion for the debate since I am currently hovering between R5 and LBC at that time anyway.

R1 and R2 are two completely different audiences. Most R2 listeners are over 40's and want older songs and R1 listeners are under 30's who tune in for the current top 40 material.
  • Options
    littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Methinks i am perhaps judging things by way of Steve Wright's afternoon show which does mix in my geriatric memories with the odd Rhianna, Lady Gaga, et al thrown in.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R1 and R2 are two completely different audiences. Most R2 listeners are over 40's and want older songs and R1 listeners are under 30's who tune in for the current top 40 material.

Most of my friends who are under 30 listen to R2. We also have it on at work.