Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi again, glaschelle. That was spooky about the 'clique' stuff. She accused us of doing exactly the same thing! If, say, we were discussing a TV programme that she had no interest in, she'd sit poker-faced throughout, then storm off in a strop, accusing us of deliberately excluding her and then go into a huge song and dance routine to follow up. She always made sure that as many people as possible witnessed her 'distress' afterwards, making us look like a bunch of rotten sods. Her manipulation skills over the un-enlightened were powerful. I don't think we know each other; it's just unfortunate that we've both encountered these odd people. I reckon every workforce has one to some degree - some even go on to become Columnist of the Year.
    :confused:
  • clarendelclarendel Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    "‘Listen,’ I said, adopting my Beyoncé stance and hand gestures. ‘I assure you I am much busier than you, unless you are a surgeon on the side. You can’t afford me."

"Perhaps these white men are rude to me because I am a middle-aged woman who refuses to flirt with them..."

What a cretin of a woman! Perhaps it's because you are an utter b*tch and if it were up to them, they wouldn't be giving you the service at all to begin with! :mad:

And that comment about the funeral was just disgusting.

I'm a single middle aged woman and I couldn't flirt to save my life but I believe that if you are nice to people (including workmen, delivery men), who come to your house, they will be nice to you. Take the man who came to mend my boiler. He was a lot younger than me but we found we had a common interest in naval history so we had a nice chat about books while he was working. What's wrong with offering workmen a cup of tea a) they don't necessarily want one and b) they might not have had anything to drink for hours.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I am a middle aged woman who refuses to flirt with them'.

Yes, because there's nothing that would make their day better than a flat chested, plug ugly, wrinkled, uppity numpty making overtures to them.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarendel wrote: »
    I'm a single middle aged woman and I couldn't flirt to save my life but I believe that if you are nice to people (including workmen, delivery men), who come to your house, they will be nice to you. Take the man who came to mend my boiler. He was a lot younger than me but we found we had a common interest in naval history so we had a nice chat about books while he was working. What's wrong with offering workmen a cup of tea a) they don't necessarily want one and b) they might not have had anything to drink for hours.

We had a guy come out to fix a radiator just before Christmas and I even baked some biscuits/cake incase he hadn't had the chance to eat anything/had Lizardesque clients. My wee heart broke when he said he'd just had his lunch :D I'm a bit of a bitter soul at times, but I am always pleasant to folk, especially if they are just doing their job and I like to make their day that little bit better by being a good customer. Even the coalmen wave to me in the street now :D
    'I am a middle aged woman who refuses to flirt with them'.

Yes, because there's nothing that would make their day better than a flat chested, plug ugly, wrinkled, uppity numpty making overtures to them.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D Very much so, Pru!
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - things could be worse for the builders/mechanics/policemen in LJ's life ..
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LJ's lovefest for Mary Berry - who, according to all reports and then snippets from people who've met her or know her in a passing sort of way, is proper "good egg" - is really most odd. I nearly can't take it at face value.

There is no

Vitriol
    Viper tongued remarks
    Viscous asides

Instead

A Peon of Praise. To a woman one would think LJ would loathe and shred as a matter of principle. After all, Mary Berry COOKS, enthuses about COOKING, wants people to get into COOKING. And has made a career of doing just that, with immense success. And is somebody who doesn't bark at people. Has natural charm. And she looks marvellous.

Has Ms Jones had an ephinany?
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newbaby wrote: »
    LJ's lovefest for Mary Berry - who, according to all reports and then snippets from people who've met her or know her in a passing sort of way, is proper "good egg" - is really most odd. I nearly can't take it at face value.

There is no

Vitriol
    Viper tongued remarks
    Viscous asides

Instead

A Peon of Praise. To a woman one would think LJ would loathe and shred as a matter of principle. After all, Mary Berry COOKS, enthuses about COOKING, wants people to get into COOKING. And has made a career of doing just that, with immense success. And is somebody who doesn't bark at people. Has natural charm. And she looks marvellous.

Bully exposed as coward. MB is "formidable" to say the least and I imagine the lizard is intimidated by the real deal.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newbaby wrote: »

There is no

Vitriol
    Viper tongued remarks
    Viscous asides

Instead

Then she goes and spoils it all with the BiB in the last paragraph.
    Oh, how I wish that Mary, with her unironed face and sense of mischief was nominated for an Oscar — just so she could force-feed the starlets fondant fancies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2267889/How-Mary-Berrys-rewriting-fashion-recipe-older-women.html

Almost as if she just couldn't wait to get a last bit of bitchiness in. Always on about being anorexic, she can't see the irony in the 'force feeding fondant fancies' remark - or was it done for alliterative purposes?

This is just a rehash of this article she wrote last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2225945/Mary-Berrys-recipe-style-Never-mind-baking-jazzy-dress-sense-77-causing-stir-LIZ-JONES-got-exclusive-peek-wardrobe.html
  • aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Then she goes and spoils it all with the BiB in the last paragraph.

Almost as if she just couldn't wait to get a last bit of bitchiness in. Always on about being anorexic, she can't see the irony in the 'force feeding fondant fancies' remark - or was it done for alliterative purposes?

This is just a rehash of this article she wrote last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2225945/Mary-Berrys-recipe-style-Never-mind-baking-jazzy-dress-sense-77-causing-stir-LIZ-JONES-got-exclusive-peek-wardrobe.html

I did try and post a comment on this article asking if LJ was getting paid twice for publishing a practically identical article to the one from last October - but surprise surprise it didn't get printed .
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A a casual observer I have to ask

Is this Liz Jones a real person or a figment of her keyboard?

I have read some of her articles and I just cannot believe how totally self obsessed one person can be.... and her animals seem to be ill all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A a casual observer I have to ask

Is this Liz Jones a real person or a figment of her keyboard?

I have read some of her articles and I just cannot believe how totally self obsessed one person can be.... and her animals seem to be ill all the time.

She's real unfortunately.....;)
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's real unfortunately.....;)

Thanks - incredible!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Morning Jones fans and something for you. On another forum I'm on, a Talksport non-fans site, there is a long running thread similar to this about Ronnie Irani, former cricketer and now Talksport radio err 'presenter.

Anyway, someone posted this picture from his Twitter today and I recognised that woman immediately from this thread.

As not allowed to post pictures here, here's his twitter: https://twitter.com/RonnieIrani1

And here's the photo:
    https://twitter.com/RonnieIrani1/status/295185979000635394/photo/1

Or here if off: http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1130/ljones.png

So Jones was in Chelmsford today. Seeing her mum? Just shopping? For some later article?

Thought you'd be interested and who is the other woman? Irani also put posted pictures of a child in a wheelchair with his dog, that's the level of the man. :rolleyes: Note also Poundland in the background.
  • R VR V Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Jones and Irani....separated at birth judging by the comments from both sites :D
  • freaky_fridayfreaky_friday Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    carlos j wrote: »
    Thought you'd be interested and who is the other woman? .

His wife, one would assume. It seems most sportsmen marry the same blonde/non-blonde bimbo type.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2268906/LIZ-JONES-No-I-dont-hate-ALL-mums--just-middle-class-ones-aged-30.html

The spite and bile she spouts in this article is almost beyond belief.

She honestly gets paid to write this sh*t?
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2268906/LIZ-JONES-No-I-dont-hate-ALL-mums--just-middle-class-ones-aged-30.html

The spite and bile she spouts in this article is almost beyond belief.

She honestly gets paid to write this sh*t?

Blondie, I honestly think she is trying too hard now - it's a ridiculous charicature of an article (well most of hers are) but this really is beyond the pale - there are so many outrageous statements it's hard to know where to start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Blondie, I honestly think she is trying too hard now - it's a ridiculous charicature of an article (well most of hers are) but this really is beyond the pale - there are so many outrageous statements it's hard to know where to start.

This is the paragraph that makes me think she's really gone and lost it.
    And in answer to the dozens of women who have stopped me in the street (OK, in Selfridges) to say ‘Why have you not commented on horse meat?’, all I can say is I wouldn’t dream of eating Dreamy, my disabled pony, but equally I would never eat Kevin, my lamb, or Mummy Sheep, my sheep, or Mini Puppy, my puppy. One of my chickens is on a course of chemotherapy, so precious is her life.

All animals are sacred, not just those that built an Empire.

WTAF has that got to do with over 30 middle class mothers? :confused::confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    R V wrote: »
    Jones and Irani....separated at birth judging by the comments from both sites :D
    Indeed. :)
    His wife, one would assume. It seems most sportsmen marry the same blonde/non-blonde bimbo type.
    Yeah, it is Lorraine. Looked different from memory and mistakenly thought it might be a pal of Jones. :o

Roll on the Breakfast Show and see if Irani brings it up.
  • heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read Liz Jones diary for ages but I was just wondering if she ever revealed who her "rockstar" boyfriend is? I have always wondered...
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read Liz Jones diary for ages but I was just wondering if she ever revealed who her "rockstar" boyfriend is? I have always wondered...

A figment of her overactive imagination and her arrested development.
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if her 'sheepdog husband' Michael gets jealous of her RS BF? Probably not, since he's imaginary.
    And here is today's Liz offering. She's having therapy - AGAIN. and everything is solved - AGAIN. Of course, that will last a day until she realises she has to put some work into it.

Oh in this farticle she works an 85 hour week. One wonders what exactly she does for at least 84 of them :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if her 'sheepdog husband' Michael gets jealous of her RS BF? Probably not, since he's imaginary.
    And here is today's Liz offering. She's having therapy - AGAIN. and everything is solved - AGAIN. Of course, that will last a day until she realises she has to put some work into it.

Oh in this farticle she works an 85 hour week. One wonders what exactly she does for at least 84 of them :)

She's had therapy before for these articles and never acted on the advice given because she thinks there's nothing wrong with her. I have a friend with NPD and it's very difficult, if not impossible to 'cure' it.

She goes, 'Oh, now I have an insight to my problems' but it's all lip service - she'll never change as she loves to go through life acting the victim. And those bloody shoeboots. AGAIN.

For 'Wantology', read 'a load of old bollox, created to make money for some sod, and empty the pockets of the gullible'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2269264/LIZ-JONES-This-man-said-hed-fulfil-inner-desires--just-something.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For 'Wantology', read 'a load of old bollox, created to make money for some sod, and empty the pockets of the gullible'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2269264/LIZ-JONES-This-man-said-hed-fulfil-inner-desires--just-something.html

Hmm... hope LJ hasn't used the real names of her coursemates. [+Wantology is a misprint, imho ;)]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »

An unashamed 'troll' isn't it? :rolleyes: