Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the Beverly Hills opener. It was actually pretty cool to see all the original Housewives back together. Beverly Hills being the only Housewives show that has managed to have all the original ladies appear together in some capacity beyond 3 seasons.

It was smart and slightly amusing that the editors purposely showed Lisa, Kyle, Taylor, Camille and Adrienne all together at the White Party - leaving the viewer asking the very same question the women themselves asked - ''Where's Kim?'' To be fair, it has been a bit of an on-going joke at this point.

Lisa Rinna seems a bit kooky and reminds me of Kim in that sense. I'm interested to see how that friendship goes tits up. Speaking of Lisa Rinna, she's actually been part of one of my all-time favourite New York moments when Bethenny called LuAnn a snake at some fashion show. She was right there sitting with them when it happened.

OMG I totally forgot about that classic moment with Bethenny and The Countess! Lisa was right there! I thought she fitted in well with the ladies. I loved the fact Queen Camille was back, Adrienne seems to have chilled a bit, and I was genuinely happy to see Taylor remarried with what looks like a nice man. Honestly though, is there any point in Brandi hanging around like a bad smell with her gay Mafia posse? She just doesn't fit in, alienates herself from everyone, then cries in the bathroom that she's an outsider. She created the situation she's in with the women, then starts slagging them off again, calling Lisa a 70 year old woman! Bitch! Lol :D I like Brandi when she's making rude jokes when everyone is trying act prim and proper, not when she's screeching and acting a fool. If Kim doesn't show up to things again this year, then it must be time to pull the plug on her reality career. Kim needs to bring it this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    I also loved the BH premiere, and from what we know from the trailer, this season already looks better than Season 4. Ratings are up too, 1.995 viewers watched the S5 premiere whereas only 1,592 watched the S4 premiere. :D

Below there is a spoiler about BH, nothing is confirmed it's only rumors on Twitter. Most of the times, they seem to be true though.
    Most of this season will be based around accusations of Kim's alleged relapse, with Eileen and Lisa Rinna starting the rumor. Also, by the end of the season, Brandi will have allegedly alienated everyone on the show, she has got no one left to film with.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    soapiej wrote: »
    I also loved the BH premiere, and from what we know from the trailer, this season already looks better than Season 4. Ratings are up too, 1.995 viewers watched the S5 premiere whereas only 1,592 watched the S4 premiere. :D

Below there is a spoiler about BH, nothing is confirmed it's only rumors on Twitter. Most of the times, they seem to be true though.
    Most of this season will be based around accusations of Kim's alleged relapse, with Eileen and Lisa Rinna starting the rumor. Also, by the end of the season, Brandi will have allegedly alienated everyone on the show, she has got no one left to film with.

Glad the ratings were good, I really enjoyed the first episode and this season looks like its going to be on par with s1 & 2 :D

Kim...well she's been rumoured to have relapsed so it doesnt surprise me tbh she needs to up her storyline anyway so if it takes the new girls to get her some air time then so be it. I think Kim just need to step away from the show and focus on herself but she does need the $$$ i suppose.

As for Brandi I hope this is her last season people are sick of her, she turned against Lisa just for a storlyine and that back fired on her so now she will ry and go for Kyle by the looks of things.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Me too and I love it, although I have to confess to more than 1 glass of vino :D I remember when Friday night was for clubbing, but now I love a night of housewives catch up, wine and munchies.

:D Truth! My Friday is consisting of a bath, face mask, wine and a Housewives catch up. And it suits me lol I love a night out, but I also love a night on the sofa with the Housewives for company. Off to enjoy Beverly Hills and Atlanta. I'm SO glad Bravo didn't hold BH till the new year!
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved RHOBH. So great to see Adrienne, Camille and Taylor back. I actually liked Carlton and Joyce last year, but seeing Lisa Rinna on the show just showed what terrible casting they were. The OC maybe, but not Beverly Hills housewives.
    I think Lisa Rinna is going to become a favourite of mine she seems really quirky and perfect for the show.
    Fingers crossed Vanderpump stops going on abot how hard done by she was last year, playing the victim is not a good look on anyone. I loved Ken's shade about the fat burger though.
    Brandi eeurgh, please just leave! I iterally can't stand the woman anymore.
    Great to see the show come back from a poor season to great ratings. There's definitely life in the franchise yet.
    Atlanta was great as always. Poor Naynay can't even perform to a sellout sex show. I'm over her too.
    I felt really bad for Kenya after Apollo's confession, however her victim card also needs to be put away.
    I liked what we saw of Claudia too. Especially her checking her purse for her social security card after meeting Apollo.
    Mama Joyce is the most delusional woman to ever appear on reality tv. As if Todd's mother owes her an apology. And why does she need a 7 bedroom home? Crazy!
    Phaedra's comment about how she is not raising no Macaulay Culkin or Gary Cole's was LOL funy too.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ Agreed! :D

Beverly Hills was brilliant. It already feels like a better, fresher show than the whole of last season. I think Lisa R could easily become a fave. She seems like a great fit for the show already, and I'm looking forward to seeing more from her. I hope Eileen is as good when we meet her. My fave moment was all the original ladies back together. LOVE that Camille is going to be around, and I'm willing to give Adrienne a shot again. I wasn't even bothered to see Taylor lol

Brandi- Ugh. I'm so over her. How times change. When she first joined I loved her, now if this is her last season then good riddance. And I think it might be. You have to :D at Kyle and her "my small party is now a major Beverly Hills event that everyone wants on the list for" Yes Kyle, your White Party is the party of the season. In her head at least! Still adore Lisa V, but yeah, maybe she needs to check her "I was wronged" coat at the door. We get it. Brandi is just a hater and the jealousy oozes out of her.
    Not much of Kim this ep. I'm interested to see how it all goes so wrong with her and Lisa R. Kim appears to be quite central to the drama this season but I really hope she's not relapsing. Id love to see Kim in a happy, healthy place, that's why I sometimes feel she would be better off away from the show. I'm not sure its good for her.

Atlanta was fab as usual. Ugh with Apollo. I felt for Kenya when he finally admitted he lied and it was all bullsh*t. She's been vilified because of what he said about her. She is owed an apology from Phaedra, but I doubt it will ever happen. And I love Phaedra. The only reason he apologised to Kenya is because Phaedra has had enough of him. He has no loyalty anymore. I still find him strangely attractive though :blush: Lord help me! But he's just not a good guy.

I'm liking Claudia. cant wait to see more from her. Loved her grabbing her bag and checking her cards when Apollo came in, and her remark about how his abs are gonna look great after prison :D I like her.

I'm on board with this new Cynthia as well. I think she's going to turn it up this season. Quitting Team Nene is doing wonders for her. Cant wait for next ep and her sit down with Porsha.

I love Kandi, but God Mama Joyce is just awful. She is totally batcrap crazy. Kandi needs to have a serious word with that woman, and asap. It makes her look ridiculous that Mama J just comes out with all this crazy stuff about Todd and Kandi never really calls her on it. Mama Joyce needs telling, and I certainly wouldn't be buying her houses! :confused: I don't blame Todd, I wouldn't want her living down the street either!

I quite liked watching Nene in total drag queen mode. That show so wasn't sold out though. Her comment about an orgy and hand sanitizer still makes me laugh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe it. I can't see the producers waiting until fall 2016/early 2017 to air the next season of New Jersey.

I assume Miami has been cancelled. There's still no news about filming, or even casting. It's not in the 'current' section on Bravo's website with the other five cities either.

The Miami producer, that left New Jersey a few seasons ago, has come back to produce New Jersey again and has confirmed they are filming already - check Stoopidhousewives website for the tweets.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally watched the episode...

When Claudia said that she's conquered Europe, I had to quickly check with all my friends. All of whom, like me, have only just heard of her in this past week because of RHOA.

The Cynthia / Porsha fight sounded like my kids (aged 5 & 3) when they start their nonsensical arguing.

Is Apollo hoping to find a way around the pre-nup? And instead of trying to blame the government for taking everything from him, maybe he should blame himself for taking it all from the people who earned it in the first place. He already had a chance to walk out of prison into a good situation and he messed that up, having to start over and work in McDonalds this time is no-one's fault but his own.

Porsha and the THOT business, seriously hypocritical. I used to like Porsha but she's really grating on me these days.

And did I really hear Riley say that she didn't want an allowance because it would limit her money?! Spoilt brat territory has been entered.

I still can't stand Kenya and my dislike for her never had anything to do with the Apollo accusations, I hope Phaedra does apologise to her for all the **** comments but I hope they all still remember what a vile nasty excuse of a woman Kenya has been regardless of that situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its funny how Brandi is trying to shift the blame on Lisa regarding what Brandi did to Adrienne she just doesnt want take accountability to what she said about Adrienne and it came from her mouth not Lisa's. I think they made something out of nothing though this confrontation could of been put in the middle not the end as not much happened. Also Brando saying how she knows Lisa the best out of all the girls... when the likes of Adrienne and Kyle have known Lisa much longer.

Yolanda is so boring 2 episodes in and I'm wondering why the hell wasn't she demoted?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good, fun episode of Beverly Hills! This season is turning out great. If the drama doesn't pick up soon they could be in trouble though - it can't be tame most of the season and pick up at the end. The Brandi/Adrienne sit down wasn't as good as I thought it'd be but it was great to see them make amends. I have massive respect for Adrienne for forgiving her.

Kyles scenes weren't that interesting, if I'm honest. Neither were Lisa's. Why is she still moaning about last season? The name embroidering on the shirts was kind of tacky too. The maid story was funny though. I really like Shiva too. However, it's obvious she's a gold-digger.

Lisa Rinna is fun to watch. Her giant bobbly head with that skinny body makes her really cute.

Kim was the highlight of the show for me. All her scenes were fun and light-hearted which is what the show needs. Her and Yolanda's scene horseriding was sweet and funny. I love Yolanda's description of Kim being like a cake. Brandi was enjoyable too. I'm so glad Kim is finally making an effort with the women.

I'm excited for Eileen next week! Although, the episode looks a little boring.

I liked Atlanta too. I was loving Cynthia, even if she was a little over the top. Porsha is so damn annoying, picking up that phone at the end with a grin to text Nene no doubt. Claudia seems cool. Phaedra was likable too. It was very big of her to admit she owed Kenya an apology. Kandi was annoying again, her daughter was so rude as well to Todd's daughter. Atlanta has a negative feel this season. Saying that, it's a nice switch up to see the drama kicking off early on.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RHOBH fell to 1.3million viewers. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    The latest RHOBH was... interesting. Suddenly we're seeing new alliances form (Brandi & Kim anyone?!) and Kyle seems to be dealing with her lavish lifestyle brushing off on her little girl. Maybe she is just a product of living in Beverley Hills? To say they had no money when her and Mauricio first got together, and then go on to say we had to fly in "coach" with the kids which Mauricio hated is the spoilt kind of attitude Kyle is trying to avoid with her kids. Like mother, like daughter. ;-)

Kim seems to have let go of some baggage this year and is hanging loose with Brandi. At least she is having some lighthearted fun, instead of calling Brandi a **** pig! :D There is something about Brandi that I find calculating though. The way she led into her apology to Adrienne with "I was best friends with Lisa at the time" was such a bulls**t cop-out. Take responsibility for your own big gob lady, and don't blame having a friendship with someone else for your own actions. Adrienne didn't exactly light up the screen either, and I've read countless people say online that only Adrienne Maloof could make $100 million look cheap. She always looks like she's just come from a yard sale to me.

Yolanda is too controlled, too vanilla, too boring to be on this show. Even her "sexy" dinner felt like a lukewarm, hyper controlled spectacle to prove how in love they are. I don't get good vibes from her hubby, never have. She comes across as desperate to keep hold of him to me.

Lisa sure does seem to hold onto the past quite a bit. I can now see what the other cast members mean by it is difficult to have a friendship with her. She's shopping with another friend and still banging on about how the other women can't take a joke. Honestly, bitter party of one, your table is ready. What was with those hideous shirts too? Money definitely doesn't buy you taste. I think Lisa could win an award for her passive aggressive digs at this point.

The other Lisa seems nice.... big lips. Has an agent. We'll see.....:kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »

That is really poor. Nothing performed well that night though, the highest only got 2.6 million. I'm hoping it was to do with Thanks Giving. It'll probably get worse until it gets better. I hope it can recover though. If it doesn't, I give housewives 2 year (3 at a push) before the franchise totally fades out.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is really poor. Nothing performed well that night though, the highest only got 2.6 million. I'm hoping it was to do with Thanks Giving. It'll probably get worse until it gets better. I hope it can recover though. If it doesn't, I give housewives 2 year (3 at a push) before the franchise totally fades out.

Apart from ATL, that rates extremely well. It will literally need to lose more than half its audience to be axed.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    The Porsha/Cynthia sit down was entertaining. These Atlanta Housewives always deliver in these kind of moments with some good one liners and shade. Porsha just came across like some bratty teenager whilst Cynthia played the grown up (in comparison). I did notice that they drowned out a lot of what Porsha had to say though - a tactic I heard producers use to point out who's making the most relevant points. You'd notice this a lot during reunions.

After last season's storyline of Todd being an ''opportunist'' (I had never heard that word used as much in my life last year!), 3 episodes in and the running theme in Kandi and Todd scenes is about money - or Todd's disapproval with Kandi's big spending. To be fair, it is ridiculous. Perhaps it's a calculated move on their part to portray Todd in a certain way after last season's storyline.

Moving on to Beverly Hills - the Yolanda scene in her lingerie seemed so unnatural and forced. If I remember correctly, when the women first began filming back in the summer there were rumours that Yolanda and David were headed for divorce. If you keep that in mind, this scene looks so desperate to prove people wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dillan wrote: »

Ouch thats nearly half gone :o I was expecting like 1.7/1.6 but that 1.3...... We will have to see how the following weeks do but why did Bravo move it to Tuesday nights? Thats just asking to be a flop they should of put it on after ATL surely that could work? Or just put it on Monday nights like it use to be. I agree with you Andrew i can see RH franchise dying out except for ATL.

So far RH likely gone or will be dropped:

Miami
    NY 'If this season fails then goodbye NY'
    NJ 'S6 didnt exactly do as good as hoped but maybe theres life in it yet.
    BH 'if this season fails then maybe another season to see how that goes'

Bravo would then put everything into ATL plus ATL has a much bigger budget and tbh it caters everything other RH try to do anyway. And we are seeing far to many similar storylines pop up in all the cities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main problem with the housewives, minus Atlanta, is the drama is always the last few episodes and everything else is pretty tame - minus one or two episodes. Viewers look for drama and arguments- the ratings reflect that.

The Beverly Hills opener was good for loyal viewers because we've followed the story. However, it wouldn't have attracted new viewers because nothing happened. The housewives need to be sat down and told to bring it from day one.

They need a lesson in throwing shade too. The OC picked it up last season with Heather and Shannon - and it was a great season!

I'm confident Beverly Hills will pick up soon though. Kims daughters wedding is in episode 4 or 5 and they usually bring ratings - although I'm not sure how much will be filmed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the Mob Wives season 5 trailer? They always make the best trailers of any reality show but this one is crazy. If it's only 12 episodes again then every episode will be insanely good!

Karen shows Teresa G how to flip a table, she tossed that table into next season. There's a new girl Natalie (as well as the other Natalie) and I'm getting Love 2.0 vibes from her.

Victoria Gotti shows up, she's every where this year.

I'm way too excited for this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone seen the Mob Wives season 5 trailer? They always make the best trailers of any reality show but this one is crazy. If it's only 12 episodes again then every episode will be insanely good!

Karen shows Teresa G how to flip a table, she tossed that table into next season. There's a new girl Natalie (as well as the other Natalie) and I'm getting Love 2.0 vibes from her.

Victoria Gotti shows up, she's every where this year.

I'm way too excited for this!

Yeah i saw the super trailer for it, it looks so crazy Having Karen back is good to, But its obvious Renee cant fight her own battles cause she needs Karen to back her up. Im looking forward to seeing Big Ange Lose it to :D i have been waiting for her to fight for ages :blush: VH1 do there trailers justice i think Bravo should take note and realise people just want to see Drama and fights not people having a petty argument over who said what lol
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that there is too many filler episodes on RH especially when fans have to wait a week for a new episode I think they should cut it down a lot.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't with the "Brandi Glanville Show" that BH was last week, molesting moving guys and hiding in the bushes with Kim I just can't with her anymore and I don't want some redemption series.

Love Lisa Rinna thus far, like her personality.

Nene seems almost irrelevant over on ATL, like the first 3 episodes she's done basically nothing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Echoing the earlier statements, loved the first ep of BH!

Can't find a link for Episode 2, where is everyone else watching theirs?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M_L2 wrote: »
    Echoing the earlier statements, loved the first ep of BH!

Can't find a link for Episode 2, where is everyone else watching theirs?

Thanks in advance!

I found episode 2 on YouTube it might still be on there, it wasn't that strong of an episode episode though.