Options

What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?

Comments

• Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweetcaz wrote: »
    Tara. I can assure you, you are not boring people. I too have loads of things to tell and I am holding back in case people find me boring.:)

i love hearing your stories too tara, keep them coming they're really interesting!:)
  • Options
    parsley_sageparsley_sage Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Great stories here, some are even poignant...

This happened to my sister about 20 years ago. My sister and her BF went somewhere in Hawaii on holiday. They stayed in a hotel and while they were sleeping the first night, she had a nightmare. In the dream, she was in the same hotel room as she was staying, then a fire started in there. The room was full of smoke, the heat was unbearable, so she tried to get out of the room, then she found that the door was jammed and couldn't open it. She banged on the door many times, calling for help, only to find that no one noticed her. Then she suddenly woke up and felt releaved that it was just a dream. She soon realized the BF sleeping next her was groaning in his sleep; so she shook and woke him up. The BF said 'I was dreaming about fire!' Although he didn't say the fire started in the hotel room, she thought it was rather weird. Feeling tired, she went to the small kitchen area to pick up some drink. Then she found a red handprint on the wall, just beside the door she was banging on in her dream. She swears that the handprint wasn't there when they first came in the room. So they concluded that probably there was a fire in this hotel, and somebody got trapped and killed in their room.....

The most scary thing for me is that, they just wiped the handprint (made with blood?), didn't ask to change the room, and stayed in the same room the following nights!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweetcaz wrote: »
    Tara. I can assure you, you are not boring people. I too have loads of things to tell and I am holding back in case people find me boring.:)

i love hearing your stories too tara, keep them coming they're really interesting!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great stories here, some are even poignant...

This happened to my sister about 20 years ago. My sister and her BF went somewhere in Hawaii on holiday. They stayed in a hotel and while they were sleeping the first night, she had a nightmare. In the dream, she was in the same hotel room as she was staying, then a fire started in there. The room was full of smoke, the heat was unbearable, so she tried to get out of the room, then she found that the door was jammed and couldn't open it. She banged on the door many times, calling for help, only to find that no one noticed her. Then she suddenly woke up and felt releaved that it was just a dream. She soon realized the BF sleeping next her was groaning in his sleep; so she shook and woke him up. The BF said 'I was dreaming about fire!' Although he didn't say the fire started in the hotel room, she thought it was rather weird. Feeling tired, she went to the small kitchen area to pick up some drink. Then she found a red handprint on the wall, just beside the door she was banging on in her dream. She swears that the handprint wasn't there when they first came in the room. So they concluded that probably there was a fire in this hotel, and somebody got trapped and killed in their room.....

The most scary thing for me is that, they just wiped the handprint (made with blood?), didn't ask to change the room, and stayed in the same room the following nights!:eek:

did they see or sense anything else after that?
    creepy!:eek:
    did they find out anything about the history of the hotel?
  • Options
    tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was around 17/18 I had an emergency appendectomy and was released from hosp on the 3rd day after the op. It was late afternoon when I got home,so mum made me some soup and off I hobbled to my own bed knackered . I slept right through till about 2am,then awoke and went to the bathroom and then back into bed.. By then I'd slept myself out ,so I put on my little radio really low and started reading a book. After some time I heard the front door open and footsteps come upstairs. I wasn't afraid cos I knew my bro E (who played in a group back then)often came in late. Anyway the footsteps stopped outside my door and there was silence,so I turned the radio down and called softly " I'm fine....I can't sleep so I'm reading for a while....night-night.". No reply ,but the footsteps continued on up the stairs to the attic room. After a few minutes noises started coming from the small back attic over my room and I assumed it was E putting some of his band-gear in there. But the faffing around got louder with footsteps pacing back and forth in that room. This couldn't be possible because that room was small and with the double bed up there and the other bits and bobs there was no room to march back and forth,but at the time I never thought of that....I was just angry at him making the noise when he knew our dad had to be up at 5am. So I struggled up and went to the door and put my hand out onto the landing to the light switch,flicked it on and went to the bottom of the attic stairs and called up softly to E telling him to knock it off. Silence....good...so I turned the landing light out and went back to bed to my book. It started again and I was raging. I got up and went to the door,put my hand round to the lightswitch on the landing and clicked it on....it went off....I clicked it again,it went on,then off.That's when something penetrated my brain that something was wrong here and I closed the room door and just stood there listening inside my room. Then the footsteps started coming down the stairs and I started screaming my freaking head off and grabbed a china doll that was sitting on my tallboy and banged on the wall between my room and my parents. My dad came storming in and grabbed me and carried me into my parents room.....I couldn't walk cos I was shaking so hard . Anyway dad dumped me on the bed beside mum and shouted "lock the door" and ran back out and we heard him take the attic stairs two at a time,walk around up there and then go downstairs and spend time down there. He came back up and called to mum and she let him in the room and he said to mum "it was only a cat....I threw it out the back door.....I must have left the window open downstairs". But oddly enough he slept on the floor at the bedroom door that night and mum and I slept in the bed. Next day it was brushed off as that stupid cat and my pain medication. Again it was after we moved my brother told me....there was no cat and my brothers were sleeping elsewhere that night,but dad told them that when he heard me screaming and ran out he saw a figure standing at the top of the first flight of attic stairs. Because of the construction of the roof etc up there the top part was hidden but he knew it wasn't E or J and that's when he grabbed me and dumped me in his room and ran up there to check. Nothing was there and nothing was out of place anywhere in the house. My bro said that was the last straw for dad,because he knew I was a plucky little thing and seeing the terror from me that night was too much for him and that's when mum and dad sold up and moved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kate36 wrote: »
    did they see or sense anything else after that?
    creepy!:eek:
    did they find out anything about the history of the hotel?
    No, I'd ask people at the hotel, I'd do some kind of reseach, but they didn't. After that night, it seems nothing scary happened...
  • Options
    ProvenceJaneProvenceJane Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my last year at primary school we would hold little school discos every few months in the evening. Obviously it would be held in the large assembly hall and we had to use the toilets we used during normal daytime. It meant us girls had to travel down the long corridor, harmless in daytime but very scary and dark at night. The lavatories had two doors. One for access from inside the school building, one for access from the playground. At night the the outer door was naturally locked. But I recall a strange rumour starting during one disco that some very rough young men were coming to get us all because they'd seen the lights on at the school at night and decided to make mischief. I think the boys in our classes encouraged the rumours and frightened us and some were even seeing shadows of these bovver boys through the window of the outside toilet door. A kind of mass hysteria is probably a good description of what went on that night. Walking home later through the woodland path, even with lots of friends and nominal adults come to pick us up, was a very creepy experience.
    No, nothing happened - the thugs in question didn't exist!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This story is a famous urban myth, so some of you might have known.

A 12 yr old girl was walking home from her friend's house alone. She had spent a long time with the friend and it was getting late. Although it was a residential area, there was nobody around. It was getting dark, too. She heard footsteps following her, turned around, but nobody was there. She started walking again, heard the footsteps again, and convinced that somebody was definately after her. Then she found a public telephone (it was before the time mobile was used), the telephone box was brightly lit and looked safe. She went into the box and phoned her mum at home. "Mum, I think somebody is following me. Can you please collect me from the telephone box?" Mum said 'Sorry, but I'm cooking now and I can't leave the oven unattended. Can you just ran home from there? It's not so far from home.' So she had no choice but to leave the tel box and dash. The footsteps were still following her and getting closer. Finally she arrived at her house, turnd around at the door, then found a man in a black coat just behind her. Suddenly the man brought an axe down on her neck and she was brutally killed.

She then woke up and realised it was a dream. Although she was really freaked out by the nightmare, soon forgot about it and never talked about it to anybody.

Fast forward, she became 14 yr now, and it's NOT a dream this time. She was walking home from her friend's house alone. She had spent a long time with the friend and it was getting late. Although it was a residential area, there was nobody around. It was getting dark, too. She heard footsteps following her, turned around, but nobody was there. At this point, she realised that the situation was quite similar to the nightmare she had had 2 years ago. She hurried, but footsteps were getting closer. Then she found a telephone box. She made a call to her mum and said 'Collect me from the tel box.' Mum said, 'OK, I'll be there as soon as possible.' Mum came to see her, so they left the tel box. Mum also heard the footsteps, got scared, so they ran and ran to their house. At the door, they turned around, and found a man in a black coat, who said to the girl 'It was lucky this time, huh?' Then he left.

Who (or what) do you think he was??
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tara27 wrote: »
    When I was around 17/18 I had an emergency appendectomy and was released from hosp on the 3rd day after the op. It was late afternoon when I got home,so mum made me some soup and off I hobbled to my own bed knackered . I slept right through till about 2am,then awoke and went to the bathroom and then back into bed.. By then I'd slept myself out ,so I put on my little radio really low and started reading a book. After some time I heard the front door open and footsteps come upstairs. I wasn't afraid cos I knew my bro E (who played in a group back then)often came in late. Anyway the footsteps stopped outside my door and there was silence,so I turned the radio down and called softly " I'm fine....I can't sleep so I'm reading for a while....night-night.". No reply ,but the footsteps continued on up the stairs to the attic room. After a few minutes noises started coming from the small back attic over my room and I assumed it was E putting some of his band-gear in there. But the faffing around got louder with footsteps pacing back and forth in that room. This couldn't be possible because that room was small and with the double bed up there and the other bits and bobs there was no room to march back and forth,but at the time I never thought of that....I was just angry at him making the noise when he knew our dad had to be up at 5am. So I struggled up and went to the door and put my hand out onto the landing to the light switch,flicked it on and went to the bottom of the attic stairs and called up softly to E telling him to knock it off. Silence....good...so I turned the landing light out and went back to bed to my book. It started again and I was raging. I got up and went to the door,put my hand round to the lightswitch on the landing and clicked it on....it went off....I clicked it again,it went on,then off.That's when something penetrated my brain that something was wrong here and I closed the room door and just stood there listening inside my room. Then the footsteps started coming down the stairs and I started screaming my freaking head off and grabbed a china doll that was sitting on my tallboy and banged on the wall between my room and my parents. My dad came storming in and grabbed me and carried me into my parents room.....I couldn't walk cos I was shaking so hard . Anyway dad dumped me on the bed beside mum and shouted "lock the door" and ran back out and we heard him take the attic stairs two at a time,walk around up there and then go downstairs and spend time down there. He came back up and called to mum and she let him in the room and he said to mum "it was only a cat....I threw it out the back door.....I must have left the window open downstairs". But oddly enough he slept on the floor at the bedroom door that night and mum and I slept in the bed. Next day it was brushed off as that stupid cat and my pain medication. Again it was after we moved my brother told me....there was no cat and my brothers were sleeping elsewhere that night,but dad told them that when he heard me screaming and ran out he saw a figure standing at the top of the first flight of attic stairs. Because of the construction of the roof etc up there the top part was hidden but he knew it wasn't E or J and that's when he grabbed me and dumped me in his room and ran up there to check. Nothing was there and nothing was out of place anywhere in the house. My bro said that was the last straw for dad,because he knew I was a plucky little thing and seeing the terror from me that night was too much for him and that's when mum and dad sold up and moved.
    No sleep for me tonight then :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tara27 wrote: »

So what became of the figure? Was it a person? Did they run out downstairs of escape through the attic somewhere?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    So what became of the figure? Was it a person? Did they run out downstairs of escape through the attic somewhere?
    No Idea ,but it wasn't a flippin' cat for sure.:( You couldn't escape through our attics....they just had the old fashioned original skylights about 20" wide by 30" high and they were stiff as heck and only opened about 8" .....two in the big attic at the front,and one in the small attic at back,and one on the top landing. Even if you got out onto the roof there was no safe way down from the three stories high terrace of shops. And downstairs was all locked up because my brothers were staying elsewhere ,so dad had the chain on the front door. To be truthful I would have put that one down to my recent surgery and the strong meds I was on for the first few days,but what dad saw was a different matter. I think what worried dad most was that previous things happening were always auditory . And the room trashings and other incidents happened out of our sight,but looking back I can see that things were building up and I really don't know how my parents coped with it. I lived there from about 14 till I was 18 and between exams,leaving school,starting work and developing a social life I think I managed to brush the happenings aside. If those things happened to me now I'd be a basket case. The thing is too.....they sound so made up,but I promise you it all happened. I don't see the point in made up stories when real-life is so fascinating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This happened to one of my friends. He had a younger brother who suddenly died at the age of seven. The brother's death came as a shock to the family because he was young and healthy. Naturally it caused the family great sorrow. The only consolation was that he probably didn't suffer much as it happened while he was sleeping.

Years later, when all kids had been grown up, my friend was having some drink with his elder brother. The big bro said when he was younger, he used to have a recurring dream, where he had a close friend and they did all sorts of games and plays. They had fun in the dreams. The friend existed only in his dream and the bro never had such a good company in reality. After a while, he stopped having the dream. That reminded my friend that he used to have a very similar one, which he dreamt again and again. He said to the bro that it lasted until when the friend in dream asked him to cross the river and he said no. That was the end of him having the dreams. Now the bro looked pale, and asked my friend 'What else did the friend say in your last dream?' My friend said ' He said it's OK, I'll ask your younger brother.' The big bro said 'It happened me as well. First asked to cross the river, then I refused, then he said I'll ask one of your brothers.' Now they both were feeling cold. They tried to remember when they had their dreams. Somehow they worked out that it was the early half of '78 for the big bro, and the early half of '79 for my friend. (They were about 15 and 13) They realised that their youngest brother died in '80.

My friend still wonders to day if the yougest brother had the same dream. Was he asked to cross the river? Did he say yes? Was he taken to the other side of the river? If he himself hadn't said no, would it have been him who died in sleep?
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I'm one of those who have had a dream so nightmarishly and staggeringly real that I simply can't accept it was a dream, particularly as I experienced no moment of waking up. A few years after my granddad died I saw him sat at the end of my bed staring out of the window. I got up and went towards him and then he walked out of the room. Then my Dad came in to ask me why I was up so early, and that bit really did happen. In other words, I am 100% sure that I was not asleep, and it's definite that I really did get up for some reason. I've never sleepwalked in my life. So in my mind it was either real or a hallucination, and the thought of either terrifies me to my core. :( Explanations are welcome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    I'm one of those who have had a dream so nightmarishly and staggeringly real that I simply can't accept it was a dream, particularly as I experienced no moment of waking up. A few years after my granddad died I saw him sat at the end of my bed staring out of the window. I got up and went towards him and then he walked out of the room. Then my Dad came in to ask me why I was up so early, and that bit really did happen. In other words, I am 100% sure that I was not asleep, and it's definite that I really did get up for some reason. I've never sleepwalked in my life. So in my mind it was either real or a hallucination, and the thought of either terrifies me to my core. :( Explanations are welcome.
    The only thing I can offer on this is that perhaps you were running a temperature and sickening for something because then our dreams are more vivid and we live them out. Also during stressful times our minds play tricks. I've had dreams where I'm looking for something in the wardrobe and when I waken the wardrobe is open and I've chosen God knows what and draped it on the bed. That could be what happened ....your granddad on your mind and intruding into your dream . But there again it could be just him wanting to visit and nothing to fear. Things happening in sleep I find easier to accept,but the cr@p in broad daylight is a killer. If you got on well with your granddad then don't fret,he was just visiting and would hate to think you were worried over it I'm sure.
  • Options
    jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This happened to one of my friends. He had a younger brother who suddenly died at the age of seven. The brother's death came as a shock to the family because he was young and healthy. Naturally it caused the family great sorrow. The only consolation was that he probably didn't suffer much as it happened while he was sleeping.

Years later, when all kids had been grown up, my friend was having some drink with his elder brother. The big bro said when he was younger, he used to have a recurring dream, where he had a close friend and they did all sorts of games and plays. They had fun in the dreams. The friend existed only in his dream and the bro never had such a good company in reality. After a while, he stopped having the dream. That reminded my friend that he used to have a very similar one, which he dreamt again and again. He said to the bro that it lasted until when the friend in dream asked him to cross the river and he said no. That was the end of him having the dreams. Now the bro looked pale, and asked my friend 'What else did the friend say in your last dream?' My friend said ' He said it's OK, I'll ask your younger brother.' The big bro said 'It happened me as well. First asked to cross the river, then I refused, then he said I'll ask one of your brothers.' Now they both were feeling cold. They tried to remember when they had their dreams. Somehow they worked out that it was the early half of '78 for the big bro, and the early half of '79 for my friend. (They were about 15 and 13) They realised that their youngest brother died in '80.

My friend still wonders to day if the yougest brother had the same dream. Was he asked to cross the river? Did he say yes? Was he taken to the other side of the river? If he himself hadn't said no, would it have been him who died in sleep?

That is one of the most unnerving and thought provoking things I've read in a long time....I imagine it to be a demon, posing as a friend who eventually lures you to your death....creepy...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only Grandparents I knew and therefore was very close to growing up died over a decade ago within a few years of one another. Despite being less than an hour away, I never went to the grave until I started looking into the family tree a few years ago. I found out that three generations of my family (including my Grandparents) were resting at the same creamtorium so I decided it was time to visit them all and leave flowers.

Laden down with flowers, bin bags, cleaning brushes and gardening gloves, off I went on a long overdue clean-up operation. Upon my arrival, I went straight to Grandma and Grandpa and cleaned up their resting place and left the flowers. I was with them for a good hour, chatting away to them the whole time much to the dismay of some people passing by. As I walked away, I felt closer to them than I had in years and really regretted not going there sooner. It was therapeutic. Off for more therapy, I went to see my great Grandparents and the former generation. Their graves were a mess. After hours of scrubbing, cleaning up and chatting my work was done so I put the flowers down.

I decided to take a walk around the cemetry just to see if I could find my Great Uncle who I knew was there but nobody knew where his grave was. I walked for ages. It was only when I got back to the car that I realised I'd lost my car keys. After the initial panic, I retraced my steps and it was by sheer luck that I found them laying on a grave which had the same surname as mine. A lady whose name was not familiar from doing my family tree. I figured it was time to leave and look into it. May just have been a coincidence.

I drove home and as I was getting cleaned up, I realised that I had lost my very precious ring. I realised I had left it by the water trough at the cemetry when I had taken it off to rinse my hands. Now I was panicking. I rang the office at the cemetry and a lovely lady walked out to the trough and retrieved my ring much to my relief. The next day, I drove back to pick it up and obviously stopped by to see the family while I was there. I got in the car and it wouldn't start. I was now starting to get upset. First my lost car keys that were tucked deep inside the pocket of my skinny jeans and I still cannot figure out how they got out! And then the ring that brought me back that day and now the car wouldn't start. I got the message that the family might have liked having me there and didn't want me to go. I said out loud, "Please let me go! I'm coming back again soon. I promise." My car started immediately and off I drove.

I've been back every few months since then. One time, I took some artificial flowers off my Grandparents grave to take home and clean up. I returned all of them upon my next visit. Here's the kicker...

I've just got up this morning and one of those flowers is sitting in the middle of the floor of my living room. I live alone and there is absolutely no way it could have got there. It's nowhere near a cupboard that it may have fallen out of and anyway, I know I returned them all. And every night I leave a pile of Dreamies for my cat in the same place so she can find them. The entire pile has moved to the other end of a 20ft room. Either I have a very talented cat or something strange is going on.

It is coming up to the anniversary of my Grandparents deaths. I wonder if they are giving me a gentle reminder. I can't help but feel that they didn't want me to leave the cemetry that day and when I did I ended up having to go back the next day. I've never found that lady whose grave I found my keys on in my family tree but with everything else going on, I can't shake the feeling that it wasn't just a coincidence.
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once worked in a very old large hotel, the hotel had 11 floors, the top 2 (10 and 11) had been closed for years and where very dark and scary... I was working night shift one night, when the other receptionist at the desk asked for the safe key to check in a guest paying with cash, unfortunately the safe key had been taken by the manager earlier that evening and had been left in his office on the 11th floor - of course I had to go up and get it!

I got the lift to the 9th floor, then had to take the stairs to the 10th then 11th as the lift was never extended that far, when I opened up the door from the staircase into the 11th floor corridor it was pitch black, I fiddled around for around 5mins looking for the light switch, eventually found it and switched it on, unfortunately less than quarter of the lights had bulbs in so it was still very dark.

I began walking down the long corridor (manages office was on the far side!), passing the old rooms to which all the doors where open - the rooms still contained beds and some furniture. about half way down the corridor I noticed one of the rooms '316' had the door closed which was quite odd, as I got closer to the room I could hear what sounded like footsteps inside the room on the floorboards (carpets had been taken up years ago too)

I obviously walked past very fast, continued into the mangers office and found the key, I began walking back along the corridor and again when I reached 316 heard the footsteps - I (rather stupidly thinking back) attempted to turn the door handle however it was locked, but just as I put my hand on the handle I heard like a jump on the floorboards (as if someone had heard my trying the door and had jumped back with shock) shortly after (I was frozen with fear) I heard a second set of footsteps much louder start to approach the door from what sounded like the other side of the locked room - at this point I dropped the safe key and ran like hell back along the corridor, down the stairs, into the lift and back to the front desk where I told the other receptionist what had happened. She then informed me that the reason those floors had been closed is because their had been a murder in 316 and shortly after guests on floors 10 and 11 began reporting noises and appearances and thus many guests refused to stay on those floors!

I handed in my notice on the spot and went home! two days later the manager rang me and said the safe key was never found (I definitely dropped it on the floor outside 316) and the door to 316 was unlocked when he arrived the next day :confused: an hour later the receptionist who I was on night shift with rang me back and said the safe key was found inside a bath full of dirty water in room 316 and she had also quit :eek:

Still gives me the creeps thinking about it.
    Where is this hotel? I want to avoid it!
    Hertfordshire, wouldn't worry about that - it was knocked down a few years ago :D
    Never got the chance, I was only there 3 days - this happened on the 3rd day!

The hotel was called Grove Park - I have done many Google searches in the past but never found anything.

I know this story was from last November, but it wasn't this hotel, was it? It's still there I think.

http://www.thegrove.co.uk/about_us/find_us-1.aspx
  • Options
    Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andie07 wrote: »
    And every night I leave a pile of Dreamies for my cat in the same place so she can find them. The entire pile has moved to the other end of a 20ft room. Either I have a very talented cat or something strange is going on.

Unless your cat is talented enough to clear up its own vomit I'd hazard a guess that this bit has a logical explaination ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member

This has properly freaked me out actually. Not exactly the same, but when I was thirteen or fourteen I had a friend in my dreams. I don't remember a huge amount, but I remember being happy as I didn't have any close friends in real life. We'd play games, and share secrets and so on, normal stuff. Well, I do remember that my dreams became less and less nice as time went on and I got older. My friend became quite sarcastic and snappy with me, and never wanted to do what I wanted to do anymore. It sounds stupid, but I remember waking up and being really sad, my dreams had kind of been my escape from reality where I was being bullied a lot.

Anyway, I remember that my dreams started to become nightmares. My friend started to change how he looked too, he had always been blonde, but now he had black hair, and brown eyes instead of blue etc.

I remember my last dream with him in it because it happened the night before my sixteenth birthday. He was really horrible that night, pushing me over because I couldn't keep up with him etc. Then there was this really big tree in this forest, it really scared me, but I can't remember why, just that it was something right out of a nightmare.

He climbed up it and held down his hand to help me up too, but I remember not wanting to go. He got really insistent saying that tonight was the last night I could see him, and that I had to climb this tree. I kept saying no and he got more and more angry with me, finally he jumped down from the tree and was coming towards me. He said that he would take someone else to play with him instead, like my brother. I just remember feeling in real danger, and then my alarm went off and it was my birthday, so I didn't think much more of it.

I haven't really thought of that dream again until I read your post. I do remember how real the dreams felt, and how I knew I was asleep while in them. And I also definately remember how towards the end, I felt dreadfully frightened of my friend, and how he seemed something more than what he was.

Does make you wonder really. I will have to ask my brother now if he had any weird dreams around that time.

It does also coincide with some strange things around the house I lived in that I have posted about previously.
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes demons can make themselves visible. You may not be able to explain it to someone or prove it but anytime one experiences these things they know it is real. Much like a post i just made in another thread the person experiencing it has a sudden sense of dread come over them and they know something isn't right. Dread turns to panic. The best thing you can do is tell them go away, i don't want any negative energys in here.

Demons and ghosts dont exsist - it's all fictional.

dont you think - if there was indeed life after death, and ghosts did exsist, all our loved ones would return to see us? and tell us, there is nothing to worry about when we die?
  • Options
    Dangerous.DaveDangerous.Dave Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »

dont you think - if there was indeed life after death, and ghosts did exsist, all our loved ones would return to see us? and tell us, there is nothing to worry about when we die?

If they really were our relatives you'd think they would. But they are not our relatives.

The woman a few posts earlier who cleaned up the graves is a good example. It seems that demons are playing around with her, making her believe that her dead relatives are communicating with her. This kind of thing can lure people into the world of mediums and spirituality, which Christians are strongly warned against. If the devil and his demons can lure people this way then they will. Because we are always being watched by demons (and angels) the more mischievous of them can fool people into thinking nobody but their loved ones could know certain things about their lives, and that the communications "must" be real.
  • Options
    temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »

This is not really a thread to debate whether the paranormal is real or not. It is a place to recount and share creepy experiences which covers a wide spectrum and critical posts like this just puts of some FMs from recounting their interesting experiences.

If you had read this thread from page 1.... which I sincerely doubt you have you would see the sheer vast amount of stories where it appears loved ones do try and get that message across no matter how subtle and open to interpretation that may be.

If the Afterlife was a 100% guarantee then people would inevitably waste or sacrifice life which is not something our loved ones would want and the reason they dont plane sky write a message confirming they are safe and sound and we have nothing to worry about.

There is a new thread on here weekly which opens up a debate to question the paranormal. Please use these to express you personal views and ideas and I will happily debate further. Yet please allow this wonderful thread to continue without such unnecessary criticism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought I'd add a quick update on a post earlier in the thread, about how I was hearing weird noises in the attic etc. They have continued, I wake up every morning hearing footsteps overhead. We have had people up there checking for any creatures, but they made the point that there is only a very small area of the attic which has any proper floor,the bit above our head that we hear footsteps on, is the actual extension roof. So who the hell is dancing about on our roof in the morning?

Also eliminated the possibility of our attic being linked with the neighbours and noise carrying. They are not linked, and after speaking with the neighbours, they don't use it as their landlord warned them the flooring was dodgy.

Cats continue to hiss a lot at nothing, and now only come upstairs if we physically carry them here.

Late last week, woke up to footsteps running overhead, distinctly heard the enterance to the attic being slid open, and something landing in the cupboard below. Then heard footsteps moving around in the spare room. Went in there, nothing there, attic door closed. I think it's getting worse, but still no idea what is going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just realised that I hadn't posted an up to date story earlier in the thread as I thought. I had mentioned seeing weird things in the garden, and hearing footsteps overhead while downstairs, but forgot about the attic.

It's pretty self explanatory, keep hearing footsteps in the attic, and waking up feeling like there is someone standing in the doorway to the room (we keep it open because of the cats) Last time I did this, my cat Loki ran at the door and started hissing at thin air.

When we go downstairs, we sometimes hear footsteps upstairs as well, as I had previously said. Also, when I was sat alone downstairs the other day, I had the strongest feeling ever that someone was peeping at me from the top of the stairs, there was a definate shadow there, but when I got up, it was gone. Nothing that could have cast a shadow either.

My partner, the eternal skeptic, keeps saying the atmosphere in the house has changed recently. He also hates sleeping with the door open now, but he won't say why.

Interestingly, nothing weird happens in the garden anymore, it's all in the house, so I do sometimes wonder if maybe 'something' has come in.

Will keep people posted if anything interesting happens.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    My mum used to work as a Samaritan and often would work either very late or overnight. I would only have been very young, probably around 6, and sometimes used to go with her if there was no one available to babysit me. They had beds in several of the rooms and I'd just curl up and go to sleep. I actually quite liked going there for some reason!

It was an old building though and was spread across 3 floors. The ground floor had the meeting rooms, the first floor had the phones and beds and the top floor (which was a converted attic) I think was just used for storage. I wasn't allowed up there though. It had a regular flight of stairs to get up there, no traditional attic stairs. I decided I didn't much like them and tended to scoot past them quickly. The bathrooms were at the back of this floor, then what was basically a tea room with a couple of beds in, then these stairs and then the main room with the phones and again more beds.

I was staying there overnight with my mum one time and was asleep in the tearoom. I woke up in the middle of the night and, I can't remember why, went out onto the landing (I was probably looking for my mum or wanting the bathroom!). I glanced up the stairs to the next floor and there was what was so definitely a person at the top. I can still see them now. I couldn't make out any limbs, it looked like they were wearing a cloak. They were a brilliant white. The "cloak" went over their head as well. I couldn't make out any features, it was too bright and it was hard to focus. I was absolutely terrified. I just remember being so horribly frightened by what I was seeing. I just can't describe the fear, it was awful. And I couldn't move. I remember that so well. I was totally rooted to the spot. I couldn't look away and I couldn't move.
    I never remembered how it ended. I had no idea what happened to the figure, how I got back to bed. When I woke up in the morning, I was in the main phone room, on the bed next to my mum.
    We talked about it a few years ago, when mum was talking about her time with the "Sams". I'd never told her what I saw, but she said that she'd found me on the landing that night just staring up the stairs. She said that I hadn't wanted to move when she tried to get me to go back to bed and that I couldn't seem to speak when she spoke to me. I told her about what I'd seen, and she told me that other people there had seen something that sounded very similar when they'd been upstairs.
    I never stayed there overnight again and refused to be left alone there at all, even in the day. Horrible experience.
This discussion has been closed.