Options

Could Ann actually win this series?....

Comments

• Options
    PinkyPigPinkyPig Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she'll win, but I do think she may make it to the final, based on how many seem to be voting for her.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    jabegy wrote: »
    If Ann Widdecombe does win, it will prove to me what a joke this programme has become and I won't be watching it any more.

Yup.

And I do think she could win. If people have been stupid enough to vote for her so far, I don't see them stopping for the final.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will be between Kara as she is obviously a very good dancer and Scott or Matt. Personally I think Scott is enormously overrated though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I think it will be between Kara as she is obviously a very good dancer and Scott or Matt. Personally I think Scott is enormously overrated though.

Please tell me who the hell is voting for that woman?
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suze wrote: »
    I doubt that she will - but I don't share the general feeling of doom and gloom of this board if she does.
    dome wrote: »
    I'm of the same mind.

I should get a 4-letter name. I agree.

Come the final though, if Ann is still there I think my mind will be in a different place :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please tell me who the hell is voting for that woman?

I am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, unfortunately I think she could win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Yes, unfortunately I think she could win.

Why do you use the word unfortunately :eek:?

If the British public want The Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe and Anton Du Beke to win Strictly Come Dancing surely you would accept such a decision?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If the British public want The Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe and Anton Du Beke to win Strictly Come Dancing surely you would accept such a decision?

Because for those of us that have watched SCD from the beginning, it would be the end. If you took out the ability to multiple vote It would be good to see if she's popular with more people, or just with a smaller number that vote more times.........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If the British public elected the BNP at the next general election I wouldn't just lie down and say oh well that's that, I'd move to another country and if Ann Widdecombe lifts that glitterball I will be moving to another programme next year on Saturdays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I use the word unfortunately because that's how I see things. I prefer to have my own opinions rather than follow others.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but I hope she has the decency to bow out. I used to look forward to SCD. I still watch it but do not watch her dance. I am not sure I will watch it next year, if they have another useless person like her on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I prefer to have my own opinions rather than follow others.

The British public - when they rightly vote for Ann and Anton (The Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe and Anton Due Beke) in Strictly Come Dancing - are following their own opinions and not those of others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ....if Ann Widdecombe lifts that glitterball I will be moving to another programme next year on Saturdays.

If you did that you would be replaced in the rising viewing figures for Strictly Come Dancing by new fans of the programme.

Strictly Come Dancing (which is not repeated on television) recently got well over 12 million viewers coming within about 1.5 million viewers of getting a greater audience share than The X-Factor (each main edition of which is shown more than once on television).

Strictly Come Dancing is popular. After tonight's Strictly Come Dancing results programme I spoke to someone over the telephone who has recently started watching the series and who is very much enjoying following the competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Terry Telly wrote: Why do you use the word unfortunately*? If the British public want The Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe and Anton Du Beke to win Strictly Come Dancing surely you would accept such a decision?
    Pentax20 wrote: Because for those of us that have watched SCD from the beginning, it would be the end.........

The fact that The Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe was chosen to appear in Strictly Come Dancing (SCD) indicates that she was regarded as being able to contribute some value to the programme.

The British public has upheld this view and so long as they continue to vote in her favour (and in favour of Anton Du Beke - her dance partner in the competition) she is entitled to enjoy a place until the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The British public - when they rightly vote for Ann and Anton (The Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe and Anton Due Beke) in Strictly Come Dancing - are following their own opinions and not those of others.

And I continue to have my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that The Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe was chosen to appear in Strictly Come Dancing (SCD) indicates that she was regarded as being able to contribute some value to the programme.

The British public has upheld this view and so long as they continue to vote in her favour (and in favour of Anton Du Beke - her dance partner in the competition) she is entitled to enjoy a place until the end.

Titles and respect are earnt not given- why do you keep referring to her as 'The Right Honourable' - I thought she had stepped down from government. (or are you supporting her politically?)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at least she is not going to be in the line up for the tour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I really hope she wins :D
    That rumba was THE best thing I've ever seen on Strictly!!
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Pentax20 wrote: »
    Titles and respect are earnt not given - why do you keep referring to her as 'The Right Honourable' - I thought she had stepped down from government. (or are you supporting her politically?)
    She retired from the House of Commons (no longer The Honourable),

but remains a Privy Counsellor (still The Right Honourable).
    This is not an opponent to be underestimated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quote:
    Terry Telly wrote: Why do you use the word unfortunately*? If the British public want The Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe and Anton Du Beke to win Strictly Come Dancing surely you would accept such a decision?

Quote:
    Pentax20 wrote: Because for those of us that have watched SCD from the beginning, it would be the end.........

Quote:
    Terry Telly wrote: The fact that The Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe was chosen to appear in Strictly Come Dancing (SCD) indicates that she was regarded as being able to contribute some value to the programme.

Quote:
    Terry Telly wrote: The British public has upheld this view and so long as they continue to vote in her favour (and in favour of Anton Du Beke - her dance partner in the competition) she is entitled to enjoy a place until the end.

What I meant was that any pretention that SCD has to having any 'dance' content would cease - and that would spell the end of BBC's saturday nights for me - I'd go back to watching DVDs or repeats of old programmes, certainly nothing else on the schedule that I'd watch.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anton's name is (now) Anton Du Beke - no e in Du! If you want us to give AW her title, do get her partner's name correct. His real name is Tony Beek.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you did that you would be replaced in the rising viewing figures for Strictly Come Dancing by new fans of the programme.

Strictly Come Dancing (which is not repeated on television) recently got well over 12 million viewers coming within about 1.5 million viewers of getting a greater audience share than The X-Factor (each main edition of which is shown more than once on television).

Strictly Come Dancing is popular. After tonight's Strictly Come Dancing results programme I spoke to someone over the telephone who has recently started watching the series and who is very much enjoying following the competition.
    That doesn't surpise me. The Sun, NOTW, Heat, Hello - all of these are very popular magazines/tabloids and are utter crap. It seems that the more popular something is, the shittier it is. I therefore am not surprised at all that Strictly this year is the most popular it's ever been. Hope you enjoy the mindless crap.
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that Ann will win. She's not a judge's favourite and she's not in 'Eastenders'. She's not on the tour, either is she. So the main criteria don't apply. Maybe they'll nobble her eg some dodgy food, if she gets close to ruining the show 100% instead of the current 99.999% at the moment.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member

I think you'll find it's called 'car crash TV'
    bornfree wrote: »
    Well at least she is not going to be in the line up for the tour.

I wonder why, hmmm! could it be that she just can't dance.