Esa appeal

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
Forum Member
I know I asked on another page about my esa claim, but very confused. I went for a atos medical 4 weeks ago, found out today I had failed my medical, surprise surprise! I am currently on esa and on the support group. Now my money will be stopped. I will be appealing. So will I get money if its going through the appeal? I know the benefit system is changing so wasn't sure about this. I know they used to pay out the basic rate. It's disgusting the way they are treating people. It's the genuine claims that are being turned down. Fed up!!!

Comments

• TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Fiona72 wrote: »
    I know I asked on another page about my esa claim, but very confused. I went for a atos medical 4 weeks ago, found out today I had failed my medical, surprise surprise! I am currently on esa and on the support group. Now my money will be stopped. I will be appealing. So will I get money if its going through the appeal? I know the benefit system is changing so wasn't sure about this. I know they used to pay out the basic rate. It's disgusting the way they are treating people. It's the genuine claims that are being turned down. Fed up!!!

i think you can still apply for the appeals rate

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/benefits_e/benefits_sick_or_disabled_people_and_carers_ew/employment_and_support_allowance.htm#civil_penalties_for_causing_an_overpayment
    What happens to your ESA during your appeal?

If you are waiting for an appeal to be heard, you can either claim Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) or continue to get the basic rate of ESA, depending on your circumstances. You can only continue to get ESA if you are appealing against a decision, and not if you asked for a decision to be looked at again. If you want to get ESA while you're appealing, you should tell the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). You must also continue to provide medical certificates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Thanks! What a relief. X
    Forum Member
    Thanks! What a relief. X

gtlad i could help :), went though the appeals system last year myself so i know it can be a worry, have sent you a pm with another helpful link :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Thanks! Glad there are some nice people about! X
    Forum Member
    Thanks! Glad there are some nice people about! X

no problem, need any other advice, don't hesitate to ask :)