Options

Is it true both Heroes and Flash Forward are cancelled

junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can someone confirm that these 2 shows are now cancelled, I'm very disappointed if this is true and was looking forward to watching the new series. Why stop these shows, I don't get it, all the boring shows in the US (far too many to name) are back time and again for series after series yet these 2 interested ones are now cancelled. Such a shame, feel I've wasted all them hours watching any of them now as with no conclusion, what was the point. They advertise them as the biggest shows, must watch then they just pull the plug, weird.

Comments

• Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no they are both on there 5th seasons now

Claire is now the presidents daughter and can breathe in outer space.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :d :d
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heroes started brilliantly and became terrible so people stopped watching therefore advertisers stopped paying to advertise during the shows... it's not rocket science. And FlashForward just sucked.
    It happens.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    Can someone confirm that these 2 shows are now cancelled, I'm very disappointed if this is true and was looking forward to watching the new series. Why stop these shows, I don't get it, all the boring shows in the US (far too many to name) are back time and again for series after series yet these 2 interested ones are now cancelled. Such a shame, feel I've wasted all them hours watching any of them now as with no conclusion, what was the point. They advertise them as the biggest shows, must watch then they just pull the plug, weird.

Did you enjoy your sleep, Rip Van Winkle? :D

Terrible shows and because of the cancellation of FF you can now hire Joseph Fiennes dirt cheap, paying him in McDonald’s gift vouchers. Be a cold day in hell before he gets the lead in a US series again.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to make it clear for the OP as nobody really answered the question. Both shows were axed - some months ago,
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes both axed... and the simple reason why is that people stopped watching them (though people stopped watching Heroes years ago!) TV channels dont make money off shows that no one watches.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very old news but I liked Flash Forward
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    no they are both on there 5th seasons now

Claire is now the presidents daughter and can breathe in outer space.

LOL :D
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    ...because of the cancellation of FF you can now hire Joseph Fiennes dirt cheap, paying him in McDonald’s gift vouchers. Be a cold day in hell before he gets the lead in a US series again.

I don't know if it is the lead, but the US channel Starz's new series Camelot has Fiennes playing Merlin. Since Fiennes is easily the most prominent actor listed in the credits, maybe it is the lead role.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ok they did not do much with them but at least there was some originality about it all, I'd much prefer shows with about other things other than cop shows or things about politics. I guess I'm in the minority as people don't watch these shows but must watch all the American cop shows like CSI.
  • Options
    Drew_MDrew_M Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ok they did not do much with them but at least there was some originality about it all, I'd much prefer shows with about other things other than cop shows or things about politics. I guess I'm in the minority as people don't watch these shows but must watch all the American cop shows like CSI.

Yes. As per your first post and the above, we are definitely in the minority. I never watched Heroes, but FlashForward was excellent - for those who watched it; unfortunately, a small group of Americans creating something good & original doesn't seem to go down well with the masses over there. As for the detractors, it was extremely boring listening to all the 'criticism' from people who didn't actually watch it closely and/or didn't understand it as it was too complicated for them. Still - never mind, I'm sure series 57 of The Mentalist or some other cop show is on the way...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Heroes and Flashforward CANCELLED???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Please tell me it isn't true! If it is, please don't let The Brady bunch be cancelled too! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want a similar programme to fill the hole of FF and Heroes, I suggest The Event, it's a similar type of show to the ones you have mentioned. and you might like it. Although, it's hard to catch up and the first 4 episodes have already been shown on channel 4, but you can still catch up on 4OD, if you want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drew_M wrote: »
    Yes. As per your first post and the above, we are definitely in the minority. I never watched Heroes, but FlashForward was excellent - for those who watched it; unfortunately, a small group of Americans creating something good & original doesn't seem to go down well with the masses over there. As for the detractors, it was extremely boring listening to all the 'criticism' from people who didn't actually watch it closely and/or didn't understand it as it was too complicated for them. Still - never mind, I'm sure series 57 of The Mentalist or some other cop show is on the way...

This is it yeah. The Mentalist is one of those shows, I tried to watch it and it just lacked something for me, but as you say will carry on to series god know what, there's too many of these shows in my opinion that are very similar and safe, sticking to real life and things that can happen or something to do with vampires, seems to be an obsession with these.

I loved Lost too, thank god they bothered to finish this one. When you spend so much time invested in a show you feel annoyed there's no sort of conclusion. I do like the Fringe too and it's the only one it seems now that I can watch. I never saw what the fuss about Mad Men is, I maybe haven't given it a fair chance but the concept sounds boring and the episode I watched I found to be that way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member

Whaaahh? Flash Forward was intelligent television? The series was a monotonous, baffling and frequently ludicrous mess with illogical plot twists, ridiculous characters and absolutely no sense of direction. It felt like the writers had absolutely no idea where the show was going. At least Heroes had one season of brilliance, Flash Forward was barely brilliant for two or three episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    If you want a similar programme to fill the hole of FF and Heroes, I suggest The Event, it's a similar type of show to the ones you have mentioned. and you might like it. Although, it's hard to catch up and the first 4 episodes have already been shown on channel 4, but you can still catch up on 4OD, if you want.

Yeah I might do, I did watch a bit of one and thought it seemed slightly up my street, but if it's another one that will just be axed after a series or 2 it could be another waste of time. Anyway cheers for the recommendation, is it any good in your opinion.
  • Options
    Drew_MDrew_M Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shoot wrote: »
    Whaaahh? Flash Forward was intelligent television? The series was a monotonous, baffling and frequently ludicrous mess with illogical plot twists, ridiculous characters and absolutely no sense of direction. It felt like the writers had absolutely no idea where the show was going. At least Heroes had one season of brilliance, Flash Forward was barely brilliant for two or three episodes.

I think we can agree to disagree on this one.
    Yeah I might do, I did watch a bit of one and thought it seemed slightly up my street, but if it's another one that will just be axed after a series or 2 it could be another waste of time. Anyway cheers for the recommendation, is it any good in your opinion.

Re The Event - I've been watching it so far and it's... OK, but I wouldn't say more than that. Rather bland and not nearly as good as FF. I agree that it probably will be cancelled before too long due to no one watching/money reasons, or by showing it no repect by switching about the times they show it (as they did with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, an incredible series that was, of course, cancelled after one and a bit series).
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash Forward was so slow and dull. You had this vision of the future but all you saw was that paint you had spent weeks watching dry had in fact finally dried .

A classic bad US sci fi drama that takes its place in the hall of shame. :D
  • Options
    pmiddspmidds Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I find it hard to understand how someone with over 700 posts did not realise that they had both been cancelled.

Does anyone know when the next series of Eldorado is on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we can agree to disagree on this one.

Re The Event - I've been watching it so far and it's... OK, but I wouldn't say more than that. Rather bland and not nearly as good as FF. I agree that it probably will be cancelled before too long due to no one watching/money reasons, or by showing it no repect by switching about the times they show it (as they did with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, an incredible series that was, of course, cancelled after one and a bit series).

You've got very similar taste to me cause yes I watched Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and thought it was very good, far more watchable than most again, crap sci-fi stuff gets funded yet these shows just dry up, such a shame. Flash Forward flawed but still very good and unique and beats so many other US shows that are always still on going.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pmidds wrote: »
    I find it hard to understand how someone with over 700 posts did not realise that they had both been cancelled.

Does anyone know when the next series of Eldorado is on?

Yeah well I did hear I just didn't think it could be true as I couldn't work out why they would of cancelled them, poor viewing figures, fair enough. I'll get over it now and be very cautious about watching anymore US sci-fi dramas and donating anytime to them.

Eldorado starts a week on Tuesday 7.30 UK Living, Bunny Charlston becomes a trannie apparently, can't wait.