Stop complaining about Ann

rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
Forum Member
All I see here is people bitching about Ann, and its getting dull. It's not the BBC's fault, the only people to blame are the british public. If she wins, its your fault. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    If she wins, its your fault. :)

Not mine - I wouldn't vote for her in a million years. And if I want to complain about her and the GBP ruining (IMHO) the only saturday night entertainment still worth watching then I will!!!
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I see here is people bitching about Ann, and its getting dull. It's not the BBC's fault, the only people to blame are the british public. If she wins, its your fault. :)

I dont vote for her. Infact I wish she would disappear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, sorry, - if people exercise their free will to vote for her, we also claim the right to exercise our free will to bitch about her.

Anton is no longer enjoying the joke, he's getting a lot of flak from his colleagues, and I seriously cannot imagine any of the other contestants accepting that she is still in after Blackpool. The voting is nonsense, so the judging has become nonsense in vain attempts to keep the best dancers at the top of the leader board.

The competition is now hopelessly distorted.

It is really time that Ann is ejected.

And we have every right to complain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anton is no longer enjoying the joke, he's getting a lot of flak from his colleagues, and I seriously cannot imagine any of the other contestants accepting that she is still in after Blackpool. The voting is nonsense, so the judging has become nonsense in vain attempts to keep the best dancers at the top of the leader board.

i don't really follow much of the "press" - please can you post links that give you this impression?

(I have only seen Vincent & Felicity on Breakfast, Vincent seemed fine with Anton still being in.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop complaining about us complaining about Ann :) We have every right to express disappointment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's certainly not my fault. As for doing what you tell me to do - no, I'll express my own opinions.
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't complain on a message board devoted to SCD where can you complain?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    My misfortune is to be a BBC license payer who spends weekends in Co Donegal in the Republic of Ireland. I am therefore not allowed to vote for any body. It seems to me that there is the Ann camp, versus the voters for all the other dancers. I don't know if people bother to vote once their favourite has been eliminated. But if they did, maybe it would squeeze Ann out before the final. She soooo does not deserve to be there. If she showed ANY signs of improvement I'd maybe take a different view, but her lack of effort, and her arrogance just annoy the hell out of me, and it is starting to spoil my favourite show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually not bothered by Ann. It's like she's on a completely different show to the rest - she just comes along and does something mad every week (which usually makes me laugh).

The rest of them are in a dancing competition.

I'm probably enjoying the show a lot more than the people getting worked up about Ann still being in it. We haven't really had any shock exits yet - the worst dancer (bar Ann) is pretty much being eliminated every week with no surprises, so even if she were to go, you'd only be buying the others an extra week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Ive stopped complaining about Ann W, I just dont watch it any more, its becoming a farce.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvaddict37 wrote: »
    i don't really follow much of the "press" - please can you post links that give you this impression?

(I have only seen Vincent & Felicity on Breakfast, Vincent seemed fine with Anton still being in.)

Sorry, not good at links. But I do watch the people in the background in the Tessanine carefully.
    I don't read UK tabloids, - they make stuff up, but Brendan's body language in his TV interviews did not match what he was saying. Julian Clary said it all much more succinctly in his TV interview.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anton is no longer enjoying the joke,
    It did not appear so last night. Or do you have a personal insight into his private thoughts?
    he's getting a lot of flak from his colleagues, and I seriously cannot imagine any of the other contestants accepting that she is still in after Blackpool.
    Again, neither of those two claims are evident from last night's programme. Both pros & celebs still seem to be very supportive.
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But thats cos Julian Clarey is gay and Ann Widdecombe was anti gay, so he would have a strong opinion about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    But thats cos Julian Clarey is gay and Ann Widdecombe was anti gay, so he would have a strong opinion about it.

Well I most ceratinly not gay and I have very strong views about Ann

doubt if the gay thing is what is really bothernig Julian about Ann , he loved his time on SCD and tried really hard , he also manged some good dances

I suspect he hates to see those putting in the effort not being recognised for their effort and the panomime that is Ann getting all the attention and promotion in the press
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    The way people go on about Ann, you would think that the other celebs were of the same dance standard as Ann. If this was the case then yes the show would be a shambles and questions would need to be raised.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    No, sorry, - if people exercise their free will to vote for her, we also claim the right to exercise our free will to bitch about her.

The competition is now hopelessly distorted.

It is really time that Ann is ejected.

And we have every right to complain.

Your source for this? Or is it your own thoughts?

Odd that all the couples happily laugh and smile naturally after Ann and Anton have danced, they all seem pretty happy to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    Your source for this? Or is it your own thoughts?

Odd that all the couples happily laugh and smile naturally after Ann and Anton have danced, they all seem pretty happy to me.

you do know they are all being paid by the bbc dont you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    It did not appear so last night. Or do you have a personal insight into his private thoughts?

Again, neither of those two claims are evident from last night's programme. Both pros & celebs still seem to be very supportive.

1. I watched what he was saying, both into and off mike, up on the Tessanine.

You don't seriously imagine that any pro or celeb still in the competiton would dare say a word against the Widdy, do you? That would certainly lose them votes. I have a very good imagination - so I can only imagine how they are fuming inside. it's speculation, not a claim; just like so many other opinions posted on these boards.

But:: but , having said that, on Alan Titmarsh's show, Ali Bastiaan, last year contestant, said clearly out loud that Ann was rubbish and should go. Brendan next to her, almost nodded, but did not do so because I think he has been muzzled by the BBC.

Again - I stated an opinion, not a quote from Hansard.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For crying out loud - this could have been posted on any number of Ann threads.

If I wasn't so tired I'd alert the mods and ask for a few mergers.

Is anyone else sufficiently wide awake?
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is the BBC's fault - or at least the producers. They invited the woman.:mad::(
    Forum Member
    shefair wrote: »
    you do know they are all being paid by the bbc dont you?

Makes them world class actors then, but somehow I think not.
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    Makes them world class actors then, but somehow I think not.

Should be able to suck it up for another three weeks then.
    Forum Member
    CloneClown wrote: »
    Should be able to suck it up for another three weeks then.

:D:D:D:D
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Those who post endlessly against Ann are free to vote as diligently for non-Ann celebs to unseat her, as Ann voters do to bring back their candidate.
    Forum Member
    Honestly, some people need some perspective if they are getting upset about one rotton apple (out of a good bunch of five) spoiling the apple cart.