The Amazing Race Season 20, Episode 10 Discussion

2»

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    . Yet they never said anything on the race, their tactics being to keep out of anything.

That seems an incredibly sensible thing to do, to be honest. Keep out of other peoples business and focus on the race. Some of the other teams would have been well advised to to do the same, especially Art and JJ.

Going way back to season 5, I still maintain one of the things that made Colin and Christie lose their edge at the last was because they became obsessed with beating Chip and Kim after the Yield (and broken Ox that followed). Till then they had been focused on winning all the way through, but they let it slip. It's comparable to Art and JJ.

So frankly, I think it's absurd to criticise Mark and Bopper for keeping out of other teams arguments. This is a race not kindergarten.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree. They had their alliance and Brendan and Rachel were part of that, they helped them Bopper/Mark at some points. If Bopper and Mark want to portray themselves as the 'good guys' then good guys stand up for their allies. Eventually they found that just keeping quiet made them seem weak and that's why Art and JJ came to put pressure on them. Art and JJ is a complete red herring, they interfered with other teams, just like Vanessa did and so are not comparable to other groups. Against people like them you either stand up to them and show them you won't be kicked around or you just turn your back weakly until they turn on you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree. They had their alliance and Brendan and Rachel were part of that, they helped them Bopper/Mark at some points.

None of this has anything whatsoever to wanting to stay out of personal issues that were going on between teams that had nothing to do with Mark and Bopper. And frankly, I don't get any sense of their being any kind of close alliance between them and Brendan and Rachael in any case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's personal issues, it's the gameplan of Art/JJ/Vanessa to wind people up to get airtime or weaken others in the race. Mark and Bopper couldn't stay out of it as Art/JJ eventually proved with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark and Bopper couldn't stay out of it as Art/JJ eventually proved with them.

I don't think they proved anything of the kind. I think Mark and Bopper pretty well stayed out of it till the end.

Still it's interesting to see you admitting that Rachael has been playing up to to the camera finally....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I meant Vanessa lol. Art/JJ/Vanessa wind people up.

All of them play up to the cameras of course, Bopper's camera mugging with his hyper hillbilly act had some fun to it at times I suppose. And Rachel did exaggerate her worry sometimes, but I also think she was genuinely hurt by those who were winding her up too. But Art/JJ/Vanessa are more the villains who sought camera attention by being not very nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant Vanessa lol. Art/JJ/Vanessa wind people up.

I think thats what we call a freudian slip.....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's because I am so tired. :)