Gavin & Stacey Series 3

1252627282931»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    *T*I*N*K* wrote: »
    I only started watching Gavin and Stacey 3 weeks ago...

We bought the dvds 1,2 Xmas Special and 3...OMG couldnt believe what I'd been missing out on...

I really hope they make another series or at least some more specials...

We walked the dog on Barry beach this afternoon...bag of chips in hand...giving it a bit of 'wots ocurring?...these chips r lush':o:D:o:D

I can't make out the claim for new catchphrases like "what's occurring". That expression was used by my son over 10 years ago :confused:
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been hearing/using "what's occurin' " for years - never had a Welsh connection for me.

The term my Welsh work contacts use is "There you are" - whatever you have said!

Me: "Nice day today."

Them: "There you are."

:confused:
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep - "what's occuring" was used years ago - I think it was used a lot in the original Minder series, if I remember correctly.

I'm a late comer to Gavin and Stacey though and I've really enjoyed this series - much more than I thought I would...I think they ended it at the right time too - it's nice to close the door on a happy ending, rather than keep dragging the characters out again every couple of years, imo.
  • xzqzxxzqzx Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Finally watched the last episode on my sky plus box earlier today with the write up on the info bit saying:

comedy. preparations are in full swing for nessa and dave's wedding. stacey breaks some life-changing news to gavin, while bryn and jason finally put their big secret to bed.

Is it just me or did that last bit not happen? and I swear I heard james and ruth say on some chat show it was going to get resolved as well.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xzqzx wrote: »
    Finally watched the last episode on my sky plus box earlier today with the write up on the info bit saying:

comedy. preparations are in full swing for nessa and dave's wedding. stacey breaks some life-changing news to gavin, while bryn and jason finally put their big secret to bed.

Is it just me or did that last bit not happen? and I swear I heard james and ruth say on some chat show it was going to get resolved as well.

IIRC they wrote and filmed it, but it didn't fit the moodof the episode so they cut it. However, it's arguable Bryn and Jason did put their big secret to bed because they are now on non-awkward speaking terms again.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave Coaches turned up in today's Doctors (link below). It's the start of a 5-parter so he will presumably turn up in the others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qfcfz/Doctors_Series_11_Master_of_the_Universe_Part_1/
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    got the boxset (1/2/3/xmas special) last week. just watched the lot...It's genius:D