Options

Qassam Rocket From Gaza Lands 7 Meters From Kindergarten

colinffcolinff Posts: 245
Forum Member
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/qassam-strikes-near-ashkelon-school-lightly-wounding-israeli-girl-1.331779?localLinksEnabled=false

A Qassam rocket struck the Ashkelon beach early Tuesday, exploding in an open field near a kindergarten and lightly wounded a girl on her way to school.

Thank goodness that was all. Shame on anyone rushing to help these thugs achieve independence. Gaza needs isolating.

Comments

• Options
    Reiver97Reiver97 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its not great is it.

What they really need is some imperialist benefactor to give them billions in the latest weapons technology, then maybe they can put some guidance computers on their missiles and start targeting them at govt and military installations, instead of having to rely on glorifyed fireworks that pretty much end up anywhere.

How much military "aid" did Israel get from the US last year for its occupation of Palestine? $3 Billion dollars a year isnt it?

And what were the actual fatalities incurred on both sides? I'll remind you.

Palestinian deaths (2008-2010) - 1,499 (340 children)
    Israeli deaths (2008-2010) - 53 (5 children)

Think how much more damage the Palestinians could inflict if only they had the equivelant backing from the US that Israel has?

So, yeah, I think the logical conclusion has to be a) either lift the arms embargo on Palestine. Or b) put an arms embargo on Israel. Because blatantly Israel is getting away with mass murder and Palestinians cant do anything more to defend themselves than lob a few overrsize fireworks and strap IEDs to their own bodies.

Maybe Chavez and Ahmedinijhad could start giving Mig29s to Palestine - one for every F16 the yanks supplied to Israel? Maybe a Hind gunship for every Apache and Cobra? Even it out a bit? Make it more of a level playing field. What you think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're ill if you think giving them arms is going to give them a conscience to target only the military.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colinff wrote: »
    You're ill if you think giving them arms is going to give them a conscience to target only the military.

Well I dont want to judge them by Israeli standards, but you may have a point since the Israelis have murdered 340 children in Palestine in that last couple of years and whilst only losing 5 of their own. Of course, one child lost on either side is one too many. But clearly one side is killing kids at a sickening rate and it isnt the Palestinians...

So, arms embargo on Israel it is then?
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    colinff - what do you think is the root cause of the rocket attacks and how could the Israeli government remove the root cause?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you guys suggesting an attack on a kintergarten is a legitimate form of struggle?

Reiver, i'll come back to you re the Cast Lead fatalities. It seems you're unaware that even Hamas has admitted they're b*ll*cks. You may want to look it up in the meantime.

And please don't mistake what i'm saying, I am up for peace with Palestinians of the WB, just not terrorist ruled Gaza.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    colinff - what do you think is the root cause of the rocket attacks and how could the Israeli government remove the root cause?

Root cause is Hamas. Read the constitution.
    How to remove it? Invade and reoccupy.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Root cause is occupation of Palestine by an oppressive government, Hamas is an outcome of the root cause. Deal with the root cause and the symptoms go away.

For the record, I condemn the rocket attacks as much as I condemn the treatment of the Palestinians by the Israeli government.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And then what? What do you do with the Palestinians? Herding them into a ghetto hasnt solved the problem, so really once you invade and occupy how do you envisage implementing a final solution to the Palestinian problem?

They arent going to just go away on their own are they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Root cause is occupation of Palestine by an oppressive government, Hamas is an outcome of the root cause. Deal with the root cause and the symptoms go away.

We're talking Gaza now which is not part of a sensible Palestinian state for a simple reason - geography. Aside from that, there is no occupation of Gaza - hasn't been since 05 - they've had since then to show willing, unfortunately all they've done is throw rockets out their pram, neccessitating various blockades, including on the Egyptian border, so you can't say its solely because of Israeli oppression.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reiver97 wrote: »
    And then what? What do you do with the Palestinians? Herding them into a ghetto hasnt solved the problem, so really once you invade and occupy how do you envisage implementing a final solution to the Palestinian problem?

They arent going to just go away on their own are they?
    I believe the people of Gaza want Hamas constantly provoking Israel as much as a hole in the head. They have no chance of removing them without help - air strikes are not ideal due to their cowardly tactics, so there needs to be some serious ground work.

By the way Riever, http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hamas+admits+cast+lead+casualties&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Root cause is occupation of Palestine by an oppressive government, Hamas is an outcome of the root cause.

Gaza has not been occupied since 2005.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We're talking Gaza now which is not part of a sensible Palestinian state for a simple reason - geography. Aside from that, there is no occupation of Gaza - hasn't been since 05 - they've had since then to show willing, unfortunately all they've done is throw rockets out their pram, neccessitating various blockades, including on the Egyptian border, so you can't say its solely because of Israeli oppression.
    Majlis wrote: »
    Gaza has not been occupied since 2005.

So basically you are saying that they are just firing rockets for the hell of it because they are evil people, and have no wish for the Palestinians to regain their land. Interesting.
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically you are saying that they are just firing rockets for the hell of it because they are evil people, and have no wish for the Palestinians to regain their land. Interesting.

Why are the Palestinians in the West bank not firing rockets into Israel?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Again, i refer you to their constitution to decide.

New article:
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/idf-hamas-escalating-attacks-against-israel-but-not-interested-in-full-scale-war-1.331814?localLinksEnabled=false
    Although Islamic Jihad and the Palestinian Resistance Committee have been behind the majority of the recent rocket attacks and attempts to strike Israeli army patrols, the IDF believes that these militants have been carrying out orders from Hamas.
  • Options
    WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now on @DigitalSpyForum it's time for another round of "Palestine V Israel - sod the civvies, pick a side!".

Both sides' radical elements suck. The Israeli administration, their army, Hamas, Hez. Suck beyond belief and I have no time for either. The Israelis over-use their military disproportionately and in some very dubious ways, and Hamas/Hez rocketeering civvies is just revolting.

Those who see the Israeli administration as doing no wrong are part of the problem. So are those that think the same of Hamas.

Meanwhile, lots of people are dying while these groups piss about with their stupid squabbles, threats, building, killing. I just wish the international community would get as fed up of it as I am.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Root cause is that they've been given rockets. :) If they weren't given rockets there wouldn't be rocket attacks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Root cause is that they've been given rockets. :) If they weren't given rockets there wouldn't be rocket attacks.

OK, go back a step and ask why they've been given rockets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To kill Jews.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As an upgrade from the sticks and stones we're usually told they have?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To kill Jews.

Why do they want to do that, considering that for years Jews and Muslims lived together in relative harmony all around the Middle East?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why do they want to do that, considering that for years Jews and Muslims lived together in relative harmony all around the Middle East?

Constitution.
    Religious hatred of Jews (not only of Israel) is expressed by a hadith or ‘saying’ that concludes Article 7: “The Day of Judgment will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews) when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say: O Muslims (�) there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. “Only the gharkad tree [evidently a certain kind of tree] would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews.” (this hadith, quoted from al-Bukhari and Muslim, both considered as highly reliable sources for the hadith or ‘sayings’ of the Prophet Muhammad).
    http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/17738.htm This article contains a UN report on the charter from which the above excerpt is taken
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member

Fanatical bilge - just like Hamas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WokStation wrote: »
    And now on @DigitalSpyForum it's time for another round of "Palestine V Israel - sod the civvies, pick a side!".

Both sides' radical elements suck. The Israeli administration, their army, Hamas, Hez. Suck beyond belief and I have no time for either. The Israelis over-use their military disproportionately and in some very dubious ways, and Hamas/Hez rocketeering civvies is just revolting.

Those who see the Israeli administration as doing no wrong are part of the problem. So are those that think the same of Hamas.
    Meanwhile, lots of people are dying while these groups piss about with their stupid squabbles, threats, building, killing. I just wish the international community would get as fed up of it as I am.

Are there many on here who believe Hamas "do no wrong"?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Can the Israelis give up there nukes, planes and tanks as well, please?
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »

^^ That. I wouldnt mind if either side were making progress but just how many people have died on both sides just to maintain the status quo ?

Ridiculous, surely Hamas must see they will NEVER defect Israel through force of arms alone so really, what is the point. If you keep getting stung...stop poking the honets nest, dont use getting stung as an excuse to keep poking. At some point in all endeavour you really need to start to review the sucess of any actions you are carrying out surely ?