R010 software update

Comments

• aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mersey70 wrote: »
    I got the email yesterday and the update happened overnight.

Well it would appear that those who got the email yesterday were updated overnight!
    I was, :)
  • HDCriticalFanHDCriticalFan Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was unaware of the recent update ... until I got the on screen message this morning.

I don't know what "benefits" to expect (other than the same suggestions I was getting from my TiVo thirteen years ago !) but ...

Within literally a few minutes I stumbled into a problem. I was recording a show, with a series link, in prime time. I decided to record an early hours showing instead. I set up the new recording (with SL) and started deleting the prime time one. As I always do, I deleted the SL first (as I've found recordings pinging back onto the Planner if I don't do this) and "as if by magic" the SL disappeared from the early hours recording too.

So we've now lost control of which showings we can apply SLs to ?
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup me too. Odd to get an update on a Wednesday day morning (or so I thought, but maybe that changed yonks ago). However, only one of my boxes has been done.

Very impressed though. Slowly starting to become more like the old TiVo I had some 14 years ago!

So apologies to Sky, as I assume the email WAS set to go out before the update and Sky therefore has a way to know when individual boxes are being done. No reason to think that wasn't possible, but I am not sure they've ever done it before?
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,943
    Forum Member
    I didn't get the e-mail but I did get the update overnight. They must have updated quite a few of us last night.

I wonder if they updated Dan :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    mersey70 wrote: »
    I got the email yesterday and the update happened overnight.

I got the update this morning. I did not get any email
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    No email for me.
    Sky DRX890 updated early morning, now on R010.070.58.06P

So glad to have this, immediately turned the Backup to TV guide to off. That feature was so annoying.

Likes,
    You'll now be asked to select HD or SD when you download. To change this go to the Options > Customise menu, Press SELECT to continue

Coloured button changes are welcome. In Planner it shows Suggestions on red button and TV guide shows Catchup on red button.

Lifestyle tab is still there as well as Entertainment, thought that was to be removed.

The New sports section, shows tabs for Live and TV Guide.
    Not really sure what the point of this is, the live now shows all the progs in the next 24 hours, not all live then. Confused by this at the moment.
    Not sure this is what Id expected.

Suggestions is a good add, but had some good and odd choices;
    F1 live - great recommend, a lot of Motorsport
    Beechgrove Garden - great recommend, a lot of other gardening type progs
    Eastenders - no recommendations, would have expected at least other soaps.
    Carry On Don't Lose your head - As well as recommending the upcoming other Carry ON films, it also listed Team America, Austin Powers and AliG, not a good choice :)
    Jamie's Confort Food - many cooking prog recommendations
    Hustle - had a few cop based progs like Inspector Morse and Mrs Biggs, not quite the same type of prog.
    Live and Let Die - had other James Bond films, Taken 2, and the two Mission Impossible films, so good recommend.

The HDMI control was set to off by default.
    Its not working or I'm confused about what it does,
    Have it set as - HDMI Control ON for main TV and HDMI control via RF output ON for magic eyed TV in bedroom.
    So, CEC 'one touch of the sky button' is having no affect whether on/off for me.
    My Samsung TV has this facility. I was probably going to turn the RF one for the bedroom TV off anyway.
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    got the update on my box DRX 895 now i can manully tune in the HD version of Sky Sports in Pubs.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Radiomike wrote: »
    I didn't get the e-mail but I did get the update overnight. They must have updated quite a few of us last night.

I wonder if they updated Dan :D

I will let everyone know later, after 5.

I may do a little review of the 'new' software upgrade... Then again better not....lol.
  • tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aerofly2 wrote: »
    Well it would appear that those who got the email yesterday were updated overnight!
    I was, :)

and I wasn't >:(

Ruddy Sky - building my hopes up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    daniel99 wrote: »
    got the update on my box DRX 895 now i can manully tune in the HD version of Sky Sports in Pubs.

Oh yes forgot the tuning in of other channels now :)
  • drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As usual the box that was in the middle of recording was upgraded and the idle box was not.

Hmmm pressing red to get into on demand/catchup from the home screen no longer works, no doubt I'll find other stuff I do and don't like soon.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What versions of boxes updated last night?

We have a 2 tb wifi and a basic sized new wifi box and neither updated as yet.
  • ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suggestions are pointless unless intended as a joke; i recorded university challenge which means i may be interested in Dale's Supermarket Sweep :confused:.

Sports suggestions are almost completely useless being that the search function will return a much more comprehensive set of results (although recently search has been omitting some programmes).

The Sports panel is basically another way of saying 'yeah we have eight tiles to fill'.
  • drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What versions of boxes updated last night?

We have a 2 tb wifi and a basic sized new wifi box and neither updated as yet.

My DRX895 2TB 4f3156 was and my 4f3155 was not, both non-WiFi.
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Lifestyle tab is still there as well as Entertainment, thought that was to be removed.
    The Lifestyle tab has been removed from the TVGuide as the Lifestyle channels have been merged into the Entertainment genre.
    The Lifestyle tab is still present in the planner though.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drabble wrote: »
    My DRX895 2TB 4f3156 was and my 4f3155 was not, both non-WiFi.

Thanks. :)

Fair enough, maybe the wi fi versions will be last up.
  • dcopparddcoppard Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    I also got the update today but no e-mail so it seems a bit random.

One thing I'm a bit unsure about is the ability of the sky box to take my tv out of standby. Sure enough with my 6 year old Panasonic tv in standby, switching on the Sky box also turns the TV on tuned to the Sky input. However previously switching off the Sky box meant that my TV automatically switched to freeview. Now it justs sit there still tuned to Sky so I have to manually switch to a different input. I'm not sure if thats a good option or not so I might turn it off later.

By the way does anyone know of any stations we can now tune into with the extended parameters.
  • Robin CroryRobin Crory Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    The HDMI control was set to off by default.
    Its not working or I'm confused about what it does,
    Have it set as - HDMI Control ON for main TV and HDMI control via RF output ON for magic eyed TV in bedroom.
    So, CEC 'one touch of the sky button' is having no affect whether on/off for me.
    My Samsung TV has this facility. I was probably going to turn the RF one for the bedroom TV off anyway.

This doesn't work for me either. The PC will turn the TV on but only if the TV is set to PC, it won't switch on or over from HDMI.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll now be asked to select HD or SD when you download. To change this go to the Options > Customise menu, Press SELECT to continue.

can only set it to "always ask" or "sd only" though.
    no option to automatically use HD if available.
    makes the setting almost pointless as i had to choose between HD and SD before anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    This doesn't work for me either. The PC will turn the TV on but only if the TV is set to PC, it won't switch on or over from HDMI.

I had the update this morning. I have now turned my tv off with the sky remote it went off. I then pressed sky on the remote and the tv came on:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucius12 wrote: »
    I had the update this morning. I have now turned my tv off with the sky remote it went off. I then pressed sky on the remote and the tv came on:)

nope doesn't work for me - samsung tv
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,943
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    can only set it to "always ask" or "sd only" though.
    no option to automatically use HD if available.
    makes the setting almost pointless as i had to choose between HD and SD before anyway.

I have three options including "HD IF AVAILABLE"

I assume you don't have a subscription for all HD channels (Entertainment, Sports and Movies) as you appear to need that to get the HD option.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiomike wrote: »
    I have three options including "HD IF AVAILABLE"

I assume you don't have a subscription for all HD channels (Entertainment, Sports and Movies) as you appear to need that to get the HD option.

Family pack
    no sports or movies.

insane policy to restrict this to all channel subscribers.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    I will let everyone know later, after 5.

I may do a little review of the 'new' software upgrade... Then again better not....lol.

no update here
    i may be the last person yet oh well... lol

Sky ......... Believe in Better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    no update here
    i may be the last person yet oh well... lol

Sky ......... Believe in Better

I told you that you'd been put at the end of the list.

Sky believe in better
    Dan always last