Grammy 2015 Predictions

LMLM Posts: 63,474
Forum Member
✭✭
Only albums and songs released between late september 2013 and late september 2014 are eligible.

So who do you think will be nominated for next year's grammys?

I think Beyonce and Ed Sheeran could dominate the nominations. Especially Beyonce, who the grammys adore anyway but because this album is worthy of it. I could see it being a hot contender for album of the year, possibly winning it.

Comments

• Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Smith will get loads of noms. Notably Best New Artist, and Record + Song of the year for Stay With Me.

I suspect Say Something will do well, it's an amazing song and has that "Grammy" feel.

Beyonce has album of the year sewn up. I think Drunk In Love will do really well too.

I really hope Katy Perry gets something with Dark Horse. She's long overdue a Grammy, the fact the song has such a sick and involving beat could see it get nommed for Record Of The Year.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor Swift will undoubtedly be nominated for a country award even though she's about as country as slip knot 😂.

Ed shheran, Ariana, iggy, and all the other usual suspects.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Taylor Swift will undoubtedly be nominated for a country award even though she's about as country as slip knot 😂.

Brilliant
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyonce, Beyonce, Beyonce. I think she's going to clean up.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Would Britney Spears' Work Bitch be eligible since it was released in September 2013?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Britney Spears' Work Bitch be eligible since it was released in September 2013?

It would be eligible, but I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of Britney getting a Grammy.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce is apparently the only person in the history of the world to sing and dance and release an album and stuff.

I'm hoping Sia's album gets some recognition. And Mariah Carey's new album is her best since Emancipation, and if this was 10 years ago she'd be cleaning up with it.
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope as well that Sia gets a nod. Chandelier is such a great song. Was there a better pop vocal than that song? Seriously I'm having a mental block. Sam Smith maybe? Beyonce, Hozier?
    Album:
    Bey, Jack White, Marshall Mathers, Sia, Frozen,
    Song:
    Chandelier, Let it Go, Stay With me, Happy, Say Something,
    Record:
    same as song of the year above
    (Take Me To Church would be awesome but probably not gonna happen).
    New Artist:
    Iggy, Sam Smith, Hozier, Lorde (oh wait...)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    It would be eligible, but I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of Britney getting a Grammy.

:confused: She already has one for Toxic.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    If Let It Go wins anything... >:( >:( >:( :cry::cry::cry:
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    If Let It Go wins anything... >:( >:( >:( :cry::cry::cry:

Lol. Right?! Geez. But they'd want Broadway Idina to perform so yeah, that's a lock pretty much (the nom).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let it go could easily win for best song written for a movie.

I would love for Lana to get some noms. Maybe a nom for best visual video for Tropico. Maybe one for West coast and Ultraviolence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    :confused: She already has one for Toxic.

That was 10 years ago though when she was in her peak and it was for Toxic which is one of her best songs. Also, she won it in the 'Best Dance Song' category. She's never won any other Grammy's in her whole career. There's other artists who have had a really good year and done really good albums and been creative. I can't see all those people being overlooked and Britney getting a Grammy for Work Bitch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was 10 years ago though when she was in her peak and it was for Toxic which is one of her best songs. Also, she won it in the 'Best Dance Song' category. She's never won any other Grammy's in her whole career. There's other artists who have had a really good year and done really good albums and been creative. I can't see all those people being overlooked and Britney getting a Grammy for Work Bitch.

Britney deserves sod all for anything related to the Britney jean era
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney deserves sod all for anything related to the Britney jean era

Completely agree. I think it's an embarassment if she's even nominated for anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

I think Taylor is only eligible for Shake It Off for 2015 Grammys. Her album and singles from 1989 would be eligible for 2016 Grammys as the album was released after October 1.

Ed and Iggy are likely to be nominated for genre categories and Iggy has a chance to be nominated for Record of the Year. I think Ariana might be shut out for some reason.

I hope Robyn and Röyksopp will get recognition for dance categories. Do It Again deserves to be nominated for Best Dance Recording. I also hope Lana gets nominations for Ultraviolence, Shades of Cool and West Coast.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do think Sia - Chandelier is a good one for record of the year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, taylor is only eligible for shake it off come to think of it

I think Iggy could bag a nom for best new artist.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paltonz wrote: »
    I think Taylor is only eligible for Shake It Off for 2015 Grammys. Her album and singles from 1989 would be eligible for 2016 Grammys as the album was released after October 1.

Ed and Iggy are likely to be nominated for genre categories and Iggy has a chance to be nominated for Record of the Year. I think Ariana might be shut out for some reason.

I hope Robyn and Röyksopp will get recognition for dance categories. Do It Again deserves to be nominated for Best Dance Recording. I also hope Lana gets nominations for Ultraviolence, Shades of Cool and West Coast.

Trust me they will shoe horn a TS country nod in 😂