Options

Kathy's husband, Gavin joins EastEnders..

13»

Comments

• Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    It still happened, though, whether it was 'plot-driven' or not. She didn't 'move on' from him all that long ago, and she is still running to him for money this week according to the spoilers.
    True it did still happen but the fact she had gotten over him in a matter of weeks and had hooked up with Buster showed how plot-driven it was, a blip in her lack of interest in Phil in that way since summer 2012. Asking him for money doesn't mean she wants to get back with him. They do still have a sort of 'frenemy' type relationship.
    Why? Shirley may have looked out for Ben when he was younger but she absolutely hates his guts now. She actually tried to drown him when she found out about Heather. I doubt Kathy will be thanking her for that.
    I'm not saying Kathy should go out of her way to befriend or thank Shirley but she has more reason to be amicable towards her than not. I'm sure she would understand why Shirley tried to drown Ben as well.
    Any excuse to have a pop at Sharon, eh? ;-)
    Actually, I wasn't the first to speculate over Kathy's relationship with Sharon or to suggest that there might be tension between them.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who will play Gavin
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Played by Jack Ellis. Played by Jack Ellis. Please!

Fantastic choice ell. Philip Glenn is terrible would be good too :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Creed Bratton should play him
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALowsley wrote: »
    Sharon was on drugs. So she wasn't on sound mind about Lexi. She never meant it. Shirley tried to drown Ben.
    Well if we can excuse Sharon's actions because of her addiction, then we can excuse Shirley's by taking into account she was in a highly emotional state after finding out that he had murdered her best friend.
    Shirley hasn't moved on from Phil. She was devastated when Phil married Sharon.
    That was months ago, she moved on from him after that within a matter of weeks. When we saw her again she didn't care about Phil and was with Buster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I'm still on the fence about Kathy's return. She wasn't a character I particularly liked or disliked....she was just there, and when she went I didn't miss her. Gavin is bound to be Sharon's dad, but as a completely new character I'm interested to see what he's like as an individual. A decent male character in that age group would be a bonus as most of the older characters are female.

I was against a return until I saw her in live week and it felt amazing seeing her :D. I always loved Kathy though :blush:
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watch TPTB's bizarre obsession with KIng Cockroach and his status as an invincible living God totally screw this storyline and all of the other characters right up.

Again.

I am predicting that right now.

Kathy will be in his bed within a week.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was against a return until I saw her in live week and it felt amazing seeing her :D. I always loved Kathy though :blush:

So was I to a extent but just seeing her, it's the familiarity and just how much someone like her is needed.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    So was I to a extent but just seeing her, it's the familiarity and just how much someone like her is needed.

Don't get me wrong, she could well be an asset to the show, besides she'll be the only one of the original 'grown ups ' we'll have, which gives her a certain value before she even puts a foot on the square.

...and I did get excited when she popped up in live week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watch TPTB's bizarre obsession with KIng Cockroach and his status as an invincible living God totally screw this storyline and all of the other characters right up.

Again.

I am predicting that right now.

Kathy will be in his bed within a week.

I hope that happens actually. I want grant to reunite with sharon :D
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizardt wrote: »
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-04-23/kathy-to-return-soon-promises-eastenders-boss-dominic-treadwell-collins

More info on Kathy's return. Her husband, Gavin will join the show. Could this mean he's also Sharon's dad?

without a doubt! EE are makng it a bit too obvious
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Well if we can excuse Sharon's actions because of her addiction, then we can excuse Shirley's by taking into account she was in a highly emotional state after finding out that he had murdered her best friend.

That was months ago, she moved on from him after that within a matter of weeks. When we saw her again she didn't care about Phil and was with Buster.

Exactly. I agree.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hoped they would do this.

Mick will probably over shadow the "tease"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hoped they would do this.

Mick will probably over shadow the "tease"

You're obsessed with Mick like I am with Max. You secretly love him don't you. :p
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're obsessed with Mick like I am with Max. You secretly love him don't you. :p

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone remind me - was Gavin supposed to have "died" too? (I think he was but just want to confirm I remember correctly) If he was, and he is indeed coming into the show I hope there is a good back story as to how it has been believed 2 people are to be dead for (9 years?), when they are clearly very much alive!!! Not saying I don't think DTC can/will pull it off but it needs to be epic - I can't wait for her to come back again even if it is only a short tease again, but at the same time I also can't wait for her full "comeback" as these teasers are just that, a lot of questions to be answered.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Yes, Gavin was meant to have died too.

Yes i got a buzz when i saw Kathy step out of the car and am with holding judgement until i see it play out on screen but I am still very, very skeptical about it all and think it could be a huge mistake. Especially if they further complicate it by having Gavin be Sharon's father and have been known to Den back in the day.

It's possible of course, we know nothing about him, nothing to say that just because Kathy met him in SA he wasn't originally Walford born, or she didn't already know him from then. But I'm skeptical about the number of co-incidences and hoops they'll have to jump to explain just why Kathy would put her children through the misery of believing she was dead, and if it were against her will, why she isn't such a complete basket case she is unrecogniseable as the person we once knew.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone remind me - was Gavin supposed to have "died" too? (I think he was but just want to confirm I remember correctly) If he was, and he is indeed coming into the show I hope there is a good back story as to how it has been believed 2 people are to be dead for (9 years?), when they are clearly very much alive!!! Not saying I don't think DTC can/will pull it off but it needs to be epic - I can't wait for her to come back again even if it is only a short tease again, but at the same time I also can't wait for her full "comeback" as these teasers are just that, a lot of questions to be answered.

Yes Gavin also 'died'. Jane took the phone call from Gavin's sister to say that Kathy and Gavin had been in a car crash, Gavin was in a critical condition in hospital and Kathy had died on impact as the other vehicle crashed into her side of the car. Two or three days later they received another phone call to say Gavin had also passed away in hospital having never regained consciousness. Both bodies were identified by Gavin's sister and buried. Ian travelled to South Africa for the funerals and to bring Ben back.
  • Options
    Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Gavin also 'died'. Jane took the phone call from Gavin's sister to say that Kathy and Gavin had been in a car crash, Gavin was in a critical condition in hospital and Kathy had died on impact as the other vehicle crashed into her side of the car. Two or three days later they received another phone call to say Gavin had also passed away in hospital having never regained consciousness. Both bodies were identified by Gavin's sister and buried. Ian travelled to South Africa for the funerals and to bring Ben back.

Thank you for that - I thought I was right, but I am still glad I asked as I hadn't remembered with as greater detail as you - If Gavin comes into the show, I would like them to bring in his sister, find out her role in all this having "identified" both bodies (either she didn't do a very good job of it, or she pulled a "Charlie Cotton" type role in this and was in on faking their deaths)
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I can't see anyone but Jack Ellis playing him now.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well look, it clearly doesn't matter if Gavin had 'died' in dialogue, as so did Kathy.

Both can be brought back in...

I'm actually thinking...that...this could actually work?? It's pushing co-incidence to the limit, but not one piece of onscreen, unflappable continuity has been stretched. Sharon's father was referred to by name as Gavin.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I can't see anyone but Jack Ellis playing him now.

Me neither! Regardless of who plays him now, I will always imagine him as Jack Ellis. I hope Jack Ellis joins EastEnders one day!
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Well look, it clearly doesn't matter if Gavin had 'died' in dialogue, as so did Kathy.

Both can be brought back in...

I'm actually thinking...that...this could actually work?? It's pushing co-incidence to the limit, but not one piece of onscreen, unflappable continuity has been stretched. Sharon's father was referred to by name as Gavin.

Yes, whilst i have doubts, it is an extraudinary pieve of luck that former production teams both happened to choose the name Gavin for an off screen man with important links to current or past characters.

Whilst they could have come up with an explanation for a difference, he'd been using an alias either as a cover for infidelity of criminal activity for example, it is much neater that they don't have to.

Assuming of course he does turn out to be Sharon's father.
  • Options
    loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phill reaction to Sharon talking about finding her father earlier in the week makes me wonder if he know Gavin is her dad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Has Phil been sleeping with Kaff..That would be a good twist :D