Options

Extended You're Fired Repeat

Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,029
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if this has been asked before but given that BBC2 has previously had extended repeated versions of Graham Norton, QI and Have I Got News For You?, why is the last night Thursday night repeat of You're Fired not advertised as being 10 minutes longer?

I realise that people might notice the length in the listings but wouldn't it make sense for it to be listed as "You're Fired XL "or something like that?.

The extended version isn't available on Iplayer either.

Comments

• Options
    CubicEyesCubicEyes Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Ooooohhhhh!!!!! BAAAADDDD BBC! :mad: I hadn't noticed that so I haven't watched the Thursday repeats, and obviously have missed out as a result. So thank you very much Foxy for pointing it out. Did you see the original transmissions and if so, can you remember what the extra material consisted of?
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh hadn't noticed that, but you appear to be right. About time they made it longer though, having been to some of the recordings in previous series, there's always tons of stuff left out of the You're Fired show that makes the airwaves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since they're now spending almost half The Apprentice in the boardroom, maybe they should shorten The Apprentice by ten minutes!
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Since they're now spending almost half The Apprentice in the boardroom, maybe they should shorten The Apprentice by ten minutes!
    No! it needs to be extended by 10 minutes if anything! We don't see enough of the task!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that's because they've extended the boardroom bit. I presume this is for reasons of economy since it's cheaper to film. I'm just suggesting if they want to have 10 minutes less task they could replace it with more You're Fired! rather than more of sralun's leaden witticisms.

And is it just me or does he more and more look as if he's coming out of an executive toilet when he comes into the boardroom?
  • Options
    Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CubicEyes wrote: »
    Ooooohhhhh!!!!! BAAAADDDD BBC! :mad: I hadn't noticed that so I haven't watched the Thursday repeats, and obviously have missed out as a result. So thank you very much Foxy for pointing it out. Did you see the original transmissions and if so, can you remember what the extra material consisted of?

Unfortunately I was out on Wednesday night so didn't see the original broadcast.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that's because they've extended the boardroom bit. I presume this is for reasons of economy since it's cheaper to film
    They surely film everything they can on the task, and then edit it down. They don't only film 20 minutes from the 2 days. So they could include more of the task footage in the programme without it costing more. (They do have a couple more bits on their website.)
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    Ooh hadn't noticed that, but you appear to be right. About time they made it longer though, having been to some of the recordings in previous series, there's always tons of stuff left out of the You're Fired show that makes the airwaves.

Oooo I hadn't noticed that either. :mad: Will watch out for it from now on though.

Thanks for the heads up OP. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    They surely film everything they can on the task, and then edit it down. They don't only film 20 minutes from the 2 days. So they could include more of the task footage in the programme without it costing more. (They do have a couple more bits on their website.)

You'd have thought so, but I can't see any reason for having more boardroom in the final programme other than economy. The less of the task we've seen the less entertaining it is to see sralun asking people to explain themselves.

Of course the longer they film the more the labour costs, and the more editing they do the more hours they have to pay for of someone's time. So it could be that they're doing shorter tasks and spending less time on the edit.

They also seem to be showing more of them in the house when the two survivors return and more of the Bridge Cafe and less of the 'rewards' as well.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems about the same to me. I think they show the boardroom because that's where the real tension and drama is, and that's where their star, Sir Alan, gets to strut his stuff.