Series One

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
Hey chaps and chapesses!

I've just been watching series one again. Very different atmosphere to the other series. Can someone tell me why Saira was so popular? She irritated the pants off of me. Whilst I wasn't the biggest fan of Paul, I did think he was more of a Sugarite than Saira. I loved their argument in the last episode :D

Comments

• *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    I couldn't stand Saira whilst watching the series but, having seen the "dross" that have followed she was a fantastic competitor! Her and James's stroke of genius with the "Wolf Jackets" is still up there as one of my favourite moments in the entire set of series. :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saira was too belligerant at times, but she was extremely driven and pretty good at sales.

Paul was a stubborn git who could not take criticism.

James or Miriam would have been my winner.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    I couldn't stand Saira whilst watching the series but, having seen the "dross" that have followed she was a fantastic competitor! Her and James's stroke of genius with the "Wolf Jackets" is still up there as one of my favourite moments in the entire set of series. :D
    She was far too loud and mouthy for me - but I have to admit the 'Wolf Jackets,' was Apprentice gold.

In actual fact I was more impressed with what I saw of Saira after the series 1 than anything she did during the programme.
    Sid_1979 wrote: »
    Saira was too belligerant at times, but she was extremely driven and pretty good at sales.

Paul was a stubborn git who could not take criticism.

James or Miriam would have been my winner.
    Miriam for me.

Got it right this time Sid - last time I mentioned her I called her Miranda.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Miriam for me.

Got it right this time Sid - last time I mentioned her I called her Miranda.:o

I thought it was dead cute when you got her name wrong!! :p

I was watching the Weakest Link Apprentice special earlier and was reminded of what a charming gent James was :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miriam being fired was one of SAS's worst choices ever. He was blatantly grasping at straws for any lame reason to fire her because he favoured the men.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Cheers for the reply guys :) I'm new here, and its great to see so much interest in the program :D

I'm watching series two at the moment - who is this woman who keeps CRYING at every opportunity?I think her name is Jo or something, blonde frizzy hair :O. I'm only on ep 2 , ormond street hospital, does she continue crying and getting dramatically tearful?
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    MattiMattu wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply guys :) I'm new here, and its great to see so much interest in the program :D

I'm watching series two at the moment - who is this woman who keeps CRYING at every opportunity?I think her name is Jo or something, blonde frizzy hair :O. I'm only on ep 2 , ormond street hospital, does she continue crying and getting dramatically tearful?

Jo was brilliantly bonkers - and did you know there's 6 million cats in the UK, and most of them are in London :D

Miriam was brilliant, and her getting fired over Paul was very :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattiMattu wrote: »

The show gets even better during Series 2!

Can I ask where you're watching them as I didn't think Series 1 & 2 were available on You Tube?
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    I loved Saira! :)
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was dead cute when you got her name wrong!! :p

I was watching the Weakest Link Apprentice special earlier and was reminded of what a charming gent James was :)
    *mwaaah - mwaah*;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    *mwaaah - mwaah*;)

Whoop whoop! :p
    Forum Member
    Can I ask where you're watching them as I didn't think Series 1 & 2 were available on You Tube?

A friend had them on DVD....I don't know how he got them I'm afraid - I'll ask him next time I see him :D
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Series 1 on Youtube once.. I couldnt say how long ago exactly, but I know it was on my current laptop, so it was at some point from mid January 2008. :p

Im pretty sure S2 was on there too, though i didnt bother with that, having seen it when it was on.

Oh and btw, Miriam was robbed. NO firing will ever ever ever be that unjust again.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and also, Saira is in my top 5 apprentices of all time! :D
    Forum Member
    hmmmm . yyeehhhh....wasn't a big fan of her forming the "asian team" clique, and constantly going on about her background.
    Forum Member
    Oh, and she simply COULD NOT answer a question briefly. Aggressive verbal diarrhea. I certainly would not buy from her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really like to rewatch series one and two but I think they've been removed from youtube (I've done a few searches).

Has anyone got a link or a torrent site they could pm on which i could watch them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Miriam should have won that series.
  • MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    Yes Miriam should have won that series.

I agree, and I also wanted Saira to win. But that was the only series yet in which I was fine with who the winner was.

I thought Raj was completely useless throughout. What did he really do? And I remember him being really clumsy in task which involved picking berries I think.
  • Mgar9Mgar9 Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Paul is my favourite ever contestant, just ahead of Syed. Some of the stuff he came out with had me in stitches.

"Put a women in power, she becomes Adolf flamin' Hitler"

Paul: I am a Roman Catholic and as God as my witness I shook her hand outside
    SAS: Well I'm Jewish and I couldn't care less
  • MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I watched Series 1 on Youtube once.. I couldnt say how long ago exactly, but I know it was on my current laptop, so it was at some point from mid January 2008. :p

Im pretty sure S2 was on there too, though i didnt bother with that, having seen it when it was on.

Oh and btw, Miriam was robbed. NO firing will ever ever ever be that unjust again.

I agree too! Miriam was fantastic at that task. It was a bit like when Naomi was fired in the third series, incidentally on the same task, for no good reason other than Sir Alan wanting to get rid of the girl. Miriam was brilliant throughout that series, Saira was aggressive, irritating, rude and unaware of when she was being a complete fool. How did she get a career out of it!?
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mindbear wrote: »
    I agree too! Miriam was fantastic at that task. It was a bit like when Naomi was fired in the third series, incidentally on the same task, for no good reason other than Sir Alan wanting to get rid of the girl. Miriam was brilliant throughout that series, Saira was aggressive, irritating, rude and unaware of when she was being a complete fool. How did she get a career out of it!?

If you've watched much television recently I think you'll find you've answered your own question...