UK PACE - The Real Housewives of .......

Comments

• misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming real housewives of Cheshire will start when London finishes, looking forward to it but will miss ladies of London which I don't think was recommissioned?

Mob wives is unbelievable these women are something else :D they all sound like they smoke about 100 fans a day :o the title sequence makes me lol as they try to look classy walking along the harbour :p
  • EllaUmbrellaEllaUmbrella Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I live in Spain, don't have SKY and am limited as to what UK TV I can get, but I love all the RH series. I can see from reading these threads that I have a lot to catch up on, but at least I can now get ITVBe: that only happened a couple of weeks ago!

At the moment I have been watching Ladies of London (not as entertaining as any of the the US series, IMO) and I can also get old series of RHONWC and RHOBH, but I have already watched them. I watched one episode of Mob Wives but didn't warm to it/them. And I don't hold out much hope for RH of Cheshire. I lived not too far from Cheshire when I was in the UK, and I don't think the Wives will hold a candle to the US women. I am guessing there will be a few footballers' WAGs, but I look forward to being proved wrong. What is currently new to me (but probably not to anyone else on here) is the RH of Atlanta and Melbourne. All good stuff, but for me just can't replace the RH of OC and NJ. I hope ITVBe picks them up soon!!

In the meantime, I will just have to make do with the compensations of living here lol!
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This may be a stupid question but what does 'UK PACE' mean?
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    My god i tried watching some RH on on ITV and i i cant believe how much they edit out its really annoying, for people watching it for the first time your really missing out on good stuff lol. I dread to think what they have done to Mob wives.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    snoweyowl wrote: »
    This may be a stupid question but what does 'UK PACE' mean?

Only the seasons that have/are aired/airing in the UK, so the UK aren't "spoiled" by whatever has happened in the U.S.

--

Watching Real Housewives of Vancouver and ugh, the second season is just horrible. Between the annoying Robin, lapdog Amanda, twofaced Ronnie, pitbull bully Jody and over-it Mary, then Ioulia the non-entity, it makes for a great season but unlikable cast for sure. If this all happened in Beverly Hills or Miami, it'd be great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Atlanta is my favourite loving the group dynamics . NeNe and Phaedra are very interesting to watch, can't forget mama Joyce and her intense dislike of her daughter Kandi's other half Todd. She's a bit unhinged but she makes me laugh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I watch all the housewives/mob wives online. not edited then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Still not quite sure what to make of RHOMelbourne. Andrea annoys the hell out of me.
  • MoffgalMoffgal Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I love the Melbourne housewives! Jackie is my fave with her psychic abilities and angels, bless her. Gina, I really do not know what to make of her, how does she hold down a role as a barrister with all that high maintenance-hair nails, tan, makeup. It'd be a full time job just to keep that look going in my world!

I'd love to see what she looks like without a scrap of slap on tho.
    Forum Member
    Moffgal wrote: »
    I love the Melbourne housewives! Jackie is my fave with her psychic abilities and angels, bless her. Gina, I really do not know what to make of her, how does she hold down a role as a barrister with all that high maintenance-hair nails, tan, makeup. It'd be a full time job just to keep that look going in my world!

I'd love to see what she looks like without a scrap of slap on tho.

I like Jackie as well. Gina is something else :) Would love to see her in full wig and gown ha ha but not sure if they do that in Oz. I like Chicqa (SP?) as well.
    Forum Member
    Will there be another series, do we think? Hope so, I think there's a lot still to see from these ladies.

Real housewives of Cheshire starts on Monday! I'm originally from that part of the world (but without the money lol) so I'm looking forward to this.
    Forum Member
    Will there be another series, do we think? Hope so, I think there's a lot still to see from these ladies.

Real housewives of Cheshire starts on Monday! I'm originally from that part of the world (but without the money lol) so I'm looking forward to this.q

Yes, they are filming (or have filmed) season 2. I think an original wife left and they got 1 or 2 new ladies. Hopefully we will get see it

Looking forward to Cheshire as well. They trailer makes me laugh when 1 of them says "when people think of Cheshire they think......" Can't say I think that then I think of Cheshire.... but we shall see.
    Forum Member

There is. Andrea leaves and two new wives join. Shame, because Andrea seemed like one of the only ones willing to make drama for them all.
    Forum Member
    So Cheshire started.... god damn it's so... tacky. They're acting like millionaires yet they sound like they were raised in a barn. Mute it and it'd be alright. No, scratch that, it's still no good.

And damn, can they marry anyone other than footballers? 4/6 of them are married to them!

I'm gonna give it another episode or two, but I doubt I'll stick to it.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a feeling that's what Cheshire would be like.

The ads had done nothing to make me think it be anything other than a tacky mess. Ill see what people are thinking once its gotten into its stride, but I think this is one HW franchise I wont bother with.

Think ill stick to the US HW.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Just watched Cheshire not really keen on it but i will give it a few more episodes Its no where near going to be as good as the American RH though. The intro and the tag lines and the music is tacky to :p I think after watch Beverly Hills, NY, NJ and Atalanta this is just no way going to be able to compete with them.
    Forum Member
    Second episode wasn't really an improvement honestly. I'm liking Tanya, you'd think she'd be stuck up but she's just funny. Lauren seems snobby just like Tanya said. The rest of the women aren't really likeable either.

Steak-gate was ridiculous. Surely as a hostess, you ask your guests how they want it cooking?
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheshire isn't what I hoped it would be? Other than Tanya they seem to have delusions of grandeur, Lauren is especially irritating >:( they prove that money doesn't buy you class.

It also looks scripted, Ampika's chat outside with Leanne was so fake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Cheshire isn't what I hoped it would be? Other than Tanya they seem to have delusions of grandeur, Lauren is especially irritating >:( they prove that money doesn't buy you class.

It also looks scripted, Ampika's chat outside with Leanne was so fake.

I like Lauren, she makes me laugh. I like Dawn too shes loves all the drama.

I thought the whole Ampika dinner was weird, especially her revelation which she apparently backtracks on in the next episode.
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I'm enjoying this think I'll stick to the American shows
    Forum Member
    I've just watched the first episode of Cheshire. Have to say I like them!
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RHONJ season 5 starts tomorrow at 10PM hopefully it won't be edited.
    Forum Member

They are growing on me, but I dont enjoy it as much as the US ones.

Mind you the 1st season of all of them seemed a bit shaking, I guess it takes a bit to get used to being filmed so much.
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're growing on me but my aren't they rough. More like Mob Wives than the Real Housewives of New York. Can you imagine the Countess' face if Ampika said to her "oh lads just go back to the car and have a wank":o:D:blush:
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to know why they still cut the swearing from the housewives shows when they are shown after 9pm? I really don't get it.