Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, sounds like Peter won't be happy that Emily is better at it than him?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

Id pay money to watch him become a mature student:D:D
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Id pay money to watch him become a mature student:D:D

As he is very immature that's never going to happen ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes you wonder how she is gonna put up with him when the cameras aren't rolling ...............?
    Forum Member
    Sinistra wrote: »
    Makes you wonder how she is gonna put up with him when the cameras aren't rolling ...............?

Yep! And the programmes is heavy edit by CAN, so why they didnt cut out PA's angry looks...?
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep! And the programmes is heavy edit by CAN, so why they didnt cut out PA's angry looks...?

Oooh Goaty! Are you suggesting there's a subversive plot by the prog makers to destroy DOTY's nice guy image?!? :eek::D

FWIW, I didn't see angry or petulant, necessarily, more a fairly natural, irritated reaction to being bugged by bugs while trying to eat. The only reason it seems to have jarred with people is that it was a real moment - a genuine, unedited reaction to an irritating situation - a rarity on that sacharine, sugar-coated, uber-contrived show, and really only notable for that reason.

Personally, I think if they showed more of the real Pete and less of the irksome, suger-coated DOTY, it would make him a little bit more, if not likeable, then at least palatable.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I commend him for not shrieking hysterically and running off re those bugs 'bugging' him. I know I would have :o
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    To be honest, I commend him for not shrieking hysterically and running off re those bugs 'bugging' him. I know I would have :o

It reminded me of a similar 'bugged by bugs' experience I had the first time I went to Morocco, where I ended up stomping off to my room in a big drama-queen fury while Mr Lexi rolled his eyes, stayed where he was and had a fab evening while I sulked and starved. :D
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Even the housekeeper gets a bit part in his show to puff it out. I love her face when he asks her for a hug:D:D

She does tend to look slightly horrified when she sees him approaching her for a hug:D I'm not sure where Gloria is from but it's possibly not in her culture for employers to go around hugging their employees. Her family must roll about laughing when she reveals stories of what working for PA involves!
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Oooh Goaty! Are you suggesting there's a subversive plot by the prog makers to destroy DOTY's nice guy image?!? :eek::D

FWIW, I didn't see angry or petulant, necessarily, more a fairly natural, irritated reaction to being bugged by bugs while trying to eat. The only reason it seems to have jarred with people is that it was a real moment - a genuine, unedited reaction to an irritating situation - a rarity on that sacharine, sugar-coated, uber-contrived show, and really only notable for that reason.

Personally, I think if they showed more of the real Pete and less of the irksome, suger-coated DOTY, it would make him a little bit more, if not likeable, then at least palatable.

I didn't notice the "angry" moment with the bugs last week but IMO there was genuine annoyance/anger on the smug face last week regarding his trip to Kenya not going quite to plan.
    He probably would be slightly more palatable (likeable is just stretching it:D) if he just relaxed a bit & stopped trying to be so nice to everyone 24/7 nobody can possibly be like that, he must be like a simmering pot just ready to erupt & that can't be healthy.
    Though to be honest if he did chill out I think the show would lose its comedic value & I'd switch off so I say for purely selfish reasons, keep being the muppet you are Pete.
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After posting on here the other day about Pete's laziness, I went on YouTube to see if the memory of KP&PA Next chapter was accurate. It was, but I also noticed a scene outside the garage where Pete gives this little speech though gritted teeth about how they will separate one day and be happier for it. I thought it was quite sinister - and the way he switches from Ditzy Pete to Passive/aggressive Pete is uncomfortable viewing.
    8 minutes in (but watch the whole thing if you need convincing of laziness): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqtzWyQUQ4

I have no doubt there is a side to Pete that has been airbrushed out. (I'm also amazed how depressed and gaunt KP looks)

Peter sang the 'F' word twice in that clip.:eek:

<Faints>:D
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After posting on here the other day about Pete's laziness, I went on YouTube to see if the memory of KP&PA Next chapter was accurate. It was, but I also noticed a scene outside the garage where Pete gives this little speech though gritted teeth about how they will separate one day and be happier for it. I thought it was quite sinister - and the way he switches from Ditzy Pete to Passive/aggressive Pete is uncomfortable viewing.
    8 minutes in
    (but watch the whole thing if you need convincing of laziness): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqtzWyQUQ4

She was going to give possibly dangerous exercise equipment to her mum and Pete pulled her up for being horrible to her mum all the time and she started being a moody mare back to him. How on earth is that going from ditsy to passive/aggressive?

I thought he was being pretty calm, the average bloke would of told her not to be such a bitch to her mum considering how MUCH her mum does for her.

(gah! soz.. the quote imps have buggered things up LOL!) :)
    Forum Member
    8 minutes in (but watch the whole thing if you need convincing of laziness
    ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqtzWyQUQ4

I have no doubt there is a side to Pete that has been airbrushed out. (I'm also amazed how depressed and gaunt KP looks)

I don't watch the series but I have caught him on other programmes and read various publications and I have also noticed that he talks about her as if she is there to meet his needs, like a personal assistant or a cleaner that he's giving a job reference to rather than someone he's emotionally involved with. It's bizarre.

I've just watched this clip & IMO that is the real Pete we're seeing, not the farcical Mr Perfect he'd have us believe he is now. He came across as a bone idle idiot who thought he was incredibly funny harping on about not being stressed/ farting about in his studio etc I actually felt quite sorry for KP having to put up with the useless lump.
    Forum Member
    Badcat wrote: »
    8 minutes in
    (but watch the whole thing if you need convincing of laziness): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqtzWyQUQ4

She was going to give possibly dangerous exercise equipment to her mum and Pete pulled her up for being horrible to her mum all the time and she started being a moody mare back to him. How on earth is that going from ditsy to passive/aggressive?

I thought he was being pretty calm, the average bloke would of told her not to be such a bitch to her mum considering how MUCH her mum does for her.

(gah! soz.. the quote imps have buggered things up LOL!) :)

To be fair (IMO) I don't think she meant it to come across the way she did re the exercise equipment & I got the impression Pete just loved pointing this out & portraying himself as the good guy & KP a nasty b**ch.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »

To be fair (IMO) I don't think she meant it to come across the way she did re the exercise equipment & I got the impression Pete just loved pointing this out & portraying himself as the good guy & KP a nasty b**ch.

Oh absolutely- Pete is an opportunist supreme when it comes to making himself look good on camera. Anyone that watched shows with KP in knows she has a funny old sarcastic, deadpan and very no-holds barred relationship with her mum and Pete knows this - but it seems he never missed an opportunity when they were together to make himself look good - it's nothing new. He's creepy.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, we can't actually win with whatever happens in the future. The scenarios are basically this.

1) Emily stays with him and he stays exactly the same as he is.
    2) Emily points out flaws of his and he gets depressed about it and cries all the time.
    3) Emily leaves him and we get a new series about how hard the break up has been for him

Just to think, some of you were the ones who kept him in the jungle, bought that shite song 'Insania' which 9 years down the line has resulted in him staying in the UK and on our screens.

If no one cared about him on I'm A Celeb then I bet he wouldn't be on ITV2 churning out dire television. I'm also amazed at him exploiting his Brother's death. The other Brother's kept saying in the series that Pete has found it hard as if he's the only one going through it! The others don't even get a look in!
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re the UTube clip - surely this is the real Pete-all for himself whilst everyone is running around him busy-the shows now a days are made to make him look like a completely different person but I Agee the all for himself still shines through if you look closely ,I know him and Katie finished in the end but if that was love then I don't know what it is between him and Emily:confused::confused:
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, we can't actually win with whatever happens in the future. The scenarios are basically this.

1) Emily stays with him and he stays exactly the same as he is.
    2) Emily points out flaws of his and he gets depressed about it and cries all the time.
    3) Emily leaves him and we get a new series about how hard the break up has been for him

Just to think, some of you were the ones who kept him in the jungle, bought that shite song 'Insania' which 9 years down the line has resulted in him staying in the UK and on our screens.

If no one cared about him on I'm A Celeb then I bet he wouldn't be on ITV2 churning out dire television. I'm also amazed at him exploiting his Brother's death. The other Brother's kept saying in the series that Pete has found it hard as if he's the only one going through it! The others don't even get a look in!

BIB. :eek: No, no, no, no. I will NOT be accused of buying that pile of shite single or keeping him in the jungle. I found him a clumsy, annoying, klutz when he was in there too.

The only way I'd buy any music by P.A. is if I were forced to at gunpoint ! :D
    (I'm also amazed how depressed and gaunt KP looks)
    Daisy, you are right, KP did look gaunt and absolutely terrible. She also came across as she usually does - emotionless and cold. I think the gauntness was explained at the time as being because she was having difficulty chewing and eating as her new veneers (which looked like they were modelled on Shergar) had made her teeth so sensitive and painful.

Peter, on the other hand, looked a right lardy ! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenya believe it
    BACK at Peter Andre – My Life, Peter took a moment out from his Kenya safari holiday to announce: “I couldn’t have thought of anyone better to come here with than you.”

But was he addressing his hair-flicking, limelight-loving girlfriend Emily?

Or the ITV2 camera crew?

Or his own reflection IH ;):D:D:D
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Kenya believe it
    BACK at Peter Andre – My Life, Peter took a moment out from his Kenya safari holiday to announce: “I couldn’t have thought of anyone better to come here with than you.”

Or the ITV2 camera crew?

or
    d) Claire his ever present manager:)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Kenya believe it

Or the ITV2 camera crew?

:D:D:D
    BAD Ian Hyland.
    How dare he ridicule the Double DOTY and the blessed St Emily?
    Although I have the feeling he may be about to be outed as a closeted crypto-KP fan, after he failed miserably to be rude about her appearance on This Week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 minutes in (but watch the whole thing if you need convincing of laziness): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqtzWyQUQ4

Not surprised she looked gaunt after having to carry that lazy lump around with her, think there were headlines at the time about how worried her f/f were about her unhealthy appearance seeing as she was the only one working, and as you can see from this clip alone, keeping things going at home :mad:
    That remark he made about separating one day, isnt the only time he made remarks like this while they were together, thing is with PA is that he likes people to think he knows something they dont, and on these occasions I think he and his manager did, but he just couldnt resist letting little slips out every now and then just to make himself feel clever :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just watched one of their reality shows, when Kate and Pete were in Africa, after renewing their vows. I hadnt watched many of their previous shows but it was interesting to see how Pete was all over Kate and Im not seeing that chemistry with Emily.

Powell was there and much more in the background and not as high profile as she is since Kate left CAN. She clearly knew her place in those days as a manager, rather than this "friend" to the ever needy Andre we now see on screen.
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5mfK9gfys - here an episode of KP + PA Stateside. OMG Could he be even more needy! Constant search for attentions - you just have to watch it.
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    Sorry if I am wrong but I do remember that PA came on KP a LOT when on I am Celeb show?
This discussion has been closed.