Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Continuation of: Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 11)
A few dress rehearsal photos have been posted in a slideshow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01lb0lf

Comments

• AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Artem but not sure about his costume today. Jive - could have had a bit hotter top half !!
  • aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC News have just announced that Natalie and Artem will not be dancing tonight due to Natalie fainting twice in rehearsals Poor girl. So gutted for them.
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    AmSalt12 wrote: »
    Love Artem but not sure about his costume today. Jive - could have had a bit hotter top half !!

Great to see we are now on Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread 12.

What a shame about Natalie. I hope she is OK. Did Barrowman have a crystal ball!!! Let's hope it isn't serious and they are able to dance next week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/posts/Natalie-Gumede-out-of-tonights-show
  • yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a shame about Natalie. I hope she is OK. Did Barrowman have a crystal ball!!! Let's hope it isn't serious and they are able to dance next week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/posts/Natalie-Gumede-out-of-tonights-show

Thats terrible news , the dreaded Jive strikes again , why has this dance got it in for Artem .:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I should think Artem is distraught about what has happened to Natalie, thank goodness they( providing Natalie is well enough )they should get to Blackpool .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am very upset for Natalie and Artem by what we have just seen when Artem spoke to Claudia , he looked so concerned and I thought how good of him to the bring to the notice of the audienecand her fellow dancers how good she has been . she looked pretty distressed when on the floor, and its very worrying , I thought perhaps she was suffering from low blood sugar,it happened to my GS after playing football for school in the morning and did not have much lunch and then came with us to watch our team play , he suddenly felt weak and started to shake and tremble and as he was passing out I got a mars bar into him , and took him home he reacted to the sugar and started to feel better , we had him checked over and was told it was his blood sugar that had dipped as he had not eaten , after using so much energy . He was fine by the next day , but always carries a Mars bar in his pocker .
    Lets hope that Natalie collapse is some thing similar, and nothing more seroius .

Its not been the same tonight ,without them dancing .
    Forum Member
    I decided to spread my votes this evening rather than not vote at all.

What a series of SCD. After 7 weeks into the competition the celebs are getting tired.

The Producers obviously felt the need to show what happened to Natalie. There are some really unpleasant people around who think she pretended to faint etc. etc. Only the medics really know what happened. Low sugar level, drop in blood pressure who knows.

Human nature being what it is, the other celebs all seemed to up their game this evening. Apart from 2/3 near the bottom of the leader board. An enjoyable show but the best couple unfortunately weren't able to dance.

Let's wish Natalie a speedy recovery and hope that she is well enough to dance in Blackpool. Wonder what their dance will be.
    Forum Member
    Cheryl423 posted this report on one of the other threads.

http://balletnews.co.uk/strictly-come-dancing-week-7-breaking-news/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Havent had chance to say Yeah weve moved since I got back from Football , Great game we won 3-0 and are now into next round , Boreham Wood drew their game so have to play again , it didnt bring them much luck going to studio with the cup , but they live to fight another day .

I have tried to post from part 11 but cant so will have to ssay to Am Salt I agree with you , Im getting a trifle fed up with hearing about Abbey and her Husband's one ond only dance move and have seen enough of her BABY or to be correct her toddler to last me for the rest of the series, She is getting well paid for dancing on SCD so its one of the things she should have consided before she signed up if she could not manage to be parted from her , I like her dancing and she is probably a very nice person by what other celebs say about her so please lets leave it there and get back to normal VTs please producers .No doubt every one of the celebs have a sob story they could dwell on if pushed but this is a dance show and the VTs should concentrate on the practicing and dance not family matters . Rant over .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    devastated to find yet again the Jive had proved a jinx for Artem , Tonsiltis and Neck Injury for year 1 , damaged spine and not certain to dance ( yet still amazing ) year 2. and now Natalie collaspes unalble to take part year 4, I think I mentioned some thing about her silver jive dress etc the other day , I did try to keep my fingers crossed after seeing that dress i must have let them uncross at some point , sorry Artem & Natalie .

report.on to night ,

BEN I didnt think it was his best dance I did not see any Knee pumping and thought it was a bit laboured as it was a little slow in tempo and that makes it hard to be slick with the kicks , I gave him him 6

FIONA , Regardless of what Anton thought about the routine it was not really strong eneough she waffted her skirt very nicely but a bit too much it could not replace tango steps and there was too much walking around just wafting not really any passion to be honest . 6

ABBEY a very good dance bright and sharp I enjoyed it it was not the best Charleston I have seen but amongst one of the ones I have really enjoyed . 9

MARK , Sorry Mark this was not that good I hated the bald head but it was brave of you to do it , Too much posturing and then jerking to next movement while waiting for Iveta to work her gold finger for you or too you , the stiff arms and hands are really off putting , not your best dance . 5

SUSANNA , I loved her dress , but it did hide her feet for most of the time , I would have thougth there would have more waltzing in hold , but when they did it was lovely , and was very elegant . 9

DAVE nothing like a Tango at all , where does Karen get her ideas from , frankly it was awful , and stil no DANCE steps from Dave , just stomping and heavy walking . not the slightest bit funny either . Nothing to say about the KILT other than WHY !:eek:a Gimmick that did not work . 5

ASHLEY, Not a bad quickstep , I liked it , it was a but slow at first but it got really lively by the end , I thought Ola looked lovely 8

SOPHIE , I thought that Brendon had taken a lot of Artems AT with the chair , but it sadly did not have the tension and passion from Sophie that Holly managed to portray, She did very precise leg movements in hold , but was passionless and there was nothing fron her waist upwords , she is far too cool and unconected to Brendon . 7

PATRICK a lovely dance great music , aaand yet again very little in hold as should be in ASfoxtrot acording to lan when marking Artem & Kara's same dance at Blackpool , but never the less I really enjoyed it , and it was ashame he tripped up and missed her hands at the end , A lovelt attemp but not a 10 Darcey with a mistake and trip sorry 9

There was a huge gap where Natalie and Artem should have been Im hoping they will be there to fill it at Blackpool .
    Forum Member
    Result in and then corrected!!!

Dave and Mark in dance off Dave out.
    Forum Member
    yungathart wrote: »
    devastated to find yet again the Jive had proved a jinx for Artem , Tonsiltis and Neck Injury for year 1 , damaged spine and not certain to dance ( yet still amazing ) year 2. and now Natalie collaspes unalble to take part year 4, I think I mentioned some thing about her silver jive dress etc the other day , I did try to keep my fingers crossed after seeing that dress i must have let them uncross at some point , sorry Artem & Natalie .

report.on to night ,

BEN I didnt think it was his best dance I did not see any Knee pumping and thought it was a bit laboured as it was a little slow in tempo and that makes it hard to be slick with the kicks , I gave him him 6

FIONA , Regardless of what Anton thought about the routine it was not really strong eneough she waffted her skirt very nicely but a bit too much it could not replace tango steps and there was too much walking around just wafting not really any passion to be honest . 6

ABBEY a very good dance bright and sharp I enjoyed it it was not the best Charleston I have seen but amongst one of the ones I have really enjoyed . 9

MARK , Sorry Mark this was not that good I hated the bald head but it was brave of you to do it , Too much posturing and then jerking to next movement while waiting for Iveta to work her gold finger for you or too you , the stiff arms and hands are really off putting , not your best dance . 5

SUSANNA , I loved her dress , but it did hide her feet for most of the time , I would have thougth there would have more waltzing in hold , but when they did it was lovely , and was very elegant . 9

DAVE nothing like a Tango at all , where does Karen get her ideas from , frankly it was awful , and stil no DANCE steps from Dave , just stomping and heavy walking . not the slightest bit funny either . Nothing to say about the KILT other than WHY !:eek:a Gimmick that did not work . 5

ASHLEY, Not a bad quickstep , I liked it , it was a but slow at first but it got really lively by the end , I thought Ola looked lovely 8

SOPHIE , I thought that Brendon had taken a lot of Artems AT with the chair , b ut it sadly did not have the tension and passion from Sophie that Holly managed to portray, Ahe did very precise leg movements in hold , but was passionless and there was nothing fron her waist upwords , she is far too cool and unconected to Brendon . 7

PATRICK a lovely dance great music , aaand yet again very little in hold as should be in ASfoxtrot acording to lan when marking Artem & Kara's same dance at Blackpool , but never the less I really enjoyed it , and it was ashame he tripped up and missed her hands at the end , A lovelt attemp but not a 10 Darcey with a mistake and trip sorry 9

Ehare was a huge gap where Natalie and Artem should have been Im hoping they will be there to fill it at Blackpool .

Thank you for your report yungathart. I always enjoy reading them. Presumably Natalie and Artem will have to dance a new dance next week. If it is a problem with Natalie's blood pressure dropping and causing her to pass out cannot see her being able to do a full week of rehearsals. We will have to wait to hear an update from Zoe on ITT Monday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Result in and then corrected!!!

That was a bit of a cliff hanger , I thought the world had gone mad for a few minutes .

It will be shame that Artem and Natalie have to do another dance , I really dont see why they should , It appears that the pros are choosing which dance they are going to do this year , all supposing she is well enough to take part , I did read that she said she has been living on Bacon sarnies , because she cant find time to cook and eat , and has only been getting about 5hrs sleep each night , as all she does is think of dancing when she gets to bed ,It sounds as if she needs someone to look after her while she is on the show .

A follow on about my GS , it appears that they had been having lectures at school about obesity and told to watch what they eat , so he had cut out sugar and was trying to cut down on food , he is a boy who plays sport every single day all type of sport and often two sports a day , and is so fat you can count every rib ,and see his hip bones when in speedos . So we had a good talk to him and mentioned it at school that some one should explain which children should be targeted . Its not happened again , but it shows how too much exercise has to be carefuly managed with correct nutrition otherwise the body lets you know some thing is going wrong .
  • marileigh1marileigh1 Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your report yungathart. I always enjoy reading them. Presumably Natalie and Artem will have to dance a new dance next week. If it is a problem with Natalie's blood pressure dropping and causing her to pass out cannot see her being able to do a full week of rehearsals. We will have to wait to hear an update from Zoe on ITT Monday

Only just managed to get on here because I've had friends watching it with me and they've only just gone home.

I must say I felt as bad tonight, when I heard the announcement, as I felt when I arrived at the Wembley Arena 3 years ago to find both Kara and Artem were ill and would not be
    appearing! I have to say that I thought the standard of dance was higher tonight, with Susanna, Patrick and Sophie all upping their game. I was really quite enjoying it until I saw
    Artem's sad little face (to quote Claudia).

What a shame we won't see their jive - even if Natalie does dance next week. If it is low blood sugar, which sounds erxtremely likely, she will have to go very carefully for a few days. :(

Do hope Dave goes tonight !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marileigh1 wrote: »
    Only just managed to get on here because I've had friends watching it with me and they've only just gone home.

I must say I felt as bad tonight, when I heard the announcement, as I felt when I arrived at the Wembley Arena 3 years ago to find both Kara and Artem were ill and would not be
    appearing! I have to say that I thought the standard of dance was higher tonight, with Susanna, Patrick and Sophie all upping their game. I was really quite enjoying it until I saw
    Artem's sad little face (to quote Claudia).

What a shame we won't see their jive - even if Natalie does dance next week. If it is low blood sugar, which sounds erxtremely likely, she will have to go very carefully for a few days. :(

Do hope Dave goes tonight !!!

Lets hope thats all it is marileigh , It has been a tough week for them traveling up to Manchester probably not eating properly trying to fit everything in , and early morings and late nights cant have helped . Must admit Artem 's little face was so sad and concerned , and his voice took me back to the day he was chosen for SYTYCD and his wife wasnt , he spoke in the same husky tones , so touching , its been a bit of a rollercoaster so far this year just when he gets a brilliant partner again after two not so good ones , if it isnt one thing its another , one day he has joy in his eyes and then the next the worry is etched on his face , bless him . I think we will have to keep a lot of fingers crossed untill we hear better news.
  • Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been thinking the same about Natalie, it could be low Blood Sugar level and have been wondering if she is still taking pain killers for her bad back and maybe not eating properley. After all they have had a busy week as usual plus the added pressure of going to Manchester for the Switching on of the Christmas Lights.
    The Show wasn,t the same tonight without Artem and Natalie but I did enjoy Tess and Claudia.
    Abbey does go on a bit about her 'Baby'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thinking John Barrowman should have kept his mouth shut, instead of making predictions!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will say Goodnight Ladies and Sweet Dreams x.
    Forum Member
    The newspapers are covering Natalie's health problem on SCD. The Mirror says she used to suffer with panic attacks. A rotten thing to happen but I am sure the BBC Producers won't let Natalie return until they are happy she is recovering.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/natalie-gumede-collapse-strictly-come-2715714
    Forum Member
    Frankie & Clover's Blog - Week 7

http://frankieandcloverstrictly.blogspot.co.uk/
    Forum Member
    I am absolutely flabbergasted how many unpleasant people there are on twitter. Cannot believe somebody sent Artem a tweet saying "pulling a sickie bottom two next week" what an awful thing to tweet. :mad:
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    People are so hateful!!! Even if you don't like someone fair enough!! But why bother posting hate tweets/posts!! boooo... :mad::mad::mad:
    As I have said before its so easy to be nasty/witty behind the anonymity of the internet!! In real life most likely tongue tied t*ats.... Sorry for my language.... but this really annoys me...:mad::mad:

Aaaaand breath.... :o

Hope Nat is well soon and returns next week in good health... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The newspapers are covering Natalie's health problem on SCD. The Mirror says she used to suffer with panic attacks. A rotten thing to happen but I am sure the BBC Producers won't let Natalie return until they are happy she is recovering.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/natalie-gumede-collapse-strictly-come-2715714

It does seem unfair to print the words PANIC ATTACK. as its helps fuel the horrid things that some horrible people have been saying and Tweeting , Artem has retweeted the same persons vile tweet who again has been telling Natalie she hopes she is not allowed to dance , last time it was about the back injury and still has brought it up again . I feel ashamed that we have such horrible people in the UK who go to the trouble to be so rude , if the lady in Burnley does not like Natalie , then fair enough thats up to her , but for her to tweet to Natalie is disgusting , and what Artem must think about this , I cant imagine , this is about entertainment for goodness sake , not war , I cant understand it ,what kind of minds do this kind of person have ,as wehave said before , If you cant say anything nice then keep your mouth shut.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    People are so hateful!!! Even if you don't like someone fair enough!! But why bother posting hate tweets/posts!! boooo... :mad::mad::mad:
    As I have said before its so easy to be nasty/witty behind the anonymity of the internet!! In real life most likely tongue tied t*ats.... Sorry for my language.... but this really annoys me...:mad::mad:

Aaaaand breath.... :o

Hope Nat is well soon and returns next week in good health... :)

WEll said , I entirely agreewith you .
This discussion has been closed.