Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Further to the above it is in fact series 9 (changed in listings) - so a new series.

Thanks for the info. I shall start organising the recordings.

I do hope we get more of the places and less of the daft activities. But I won't hold my breath. I fear also that the hair hunt will continue.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next week:

Loch Ness Glamping
    The first visit of the week is to Loch Ness Glamping where the competition kicks off with some 'Highland hi-jinks'

Merchant House
    The second visit is to Merchant House B&B in Girvan, Scotland, where one couple's desire to win rubs some B&B'ers up the wrong way

The White Bear
    The third visit of the week is to The White Bear in Chorley, Lancashire, where there's a round of golf and tears at breakfast time

The Keepers Arms in Quenington, Gloucestershire where there's an argument at breakfast and Martin and Pat can't bite their tongues any longer

Payment Day
    The rival B&Bers find out who will be crowned best value B&B of the week. Emotions run high, with Sonia and Graham under attack - but who will win the competition?

:):):)

See you next week!
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't find a thread on it but I see they're repeating Three In A Bed in the afternoons. It's so much better than what FIAB's decended into. Hopefully this new series will cut back on the hair searching and woeful activities but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I've been recording these. They're so much better because we don't get all the previous days stuff repeated.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay Four n a Bed s back, I tend to recrd it and watch it when im tucked up in bed, nce and relaxing.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't find a thread on it but I see they're repeating Three In A Bed in the afternoons. It's so much better than what FIAB's decended into. Hopefully this new series will cut back on the hair searching and woeful activities but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Wouldn't that be great if it did revert back to how it used to be, it was so much better. I too fear it won't though and that we'll just get more of the same petty nit picking, solitary hair discovery outrage, etc. >:(

But, yay! its back tomorrow, looking forward to it anyway. :)
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I've never passed over a series of FIAB until now, but I'm seriously considering giving this one a miss. It's well past its sell-by-date now, much like CDWM. It's just an endless procession of interchangeable B&Bs, stupid 'activities' and the same old nitpicking comments and petty bickering over and over and over again.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be great if it did revert back to how it used to be, it was so much better. I too fear it won't though and that we'll just get more of the same petty nit picking, solitary hair discovery outrage, etc.
    It would indeed. They weren't all nicey nicey people either but it came over as part of the whole package rather than the purpose of the programme as now.

There was a feeling of genuine honesty rather than deliberately underpaying for pathetic reasons just to win. What surprised me most seeing last weeks programmes was the high number of over payments made. On Fridays someone even paid £120 for a £70 stay! It's a rarity now.

3IAB had the balance right. Like others I'll start watching this weeks new series but if it's more of the same I doubt I'll continue. I suspect that the new programmes would have been filmed at the same time as the last lot then just split into different series though so don't expect any change unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    I've never passed over a series of FIAB until now, but I'm seriously considering giving this one a miss. It's well past its sell-by-date now, much like CDWM. It's just an endless procession of interchangeable B&Bs, stupid 'activities' and the same old nitpicking comments and petty bickering over and over and over again.

I tend to agree but I'm going to give it a go in the hope of a few changes. In reality I'm expecting 'more of the same' though.

We'll see, here we go...
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. I wonder what 'Gate' we will have this time round.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh these cabins look lovely. Oops silly me, they are armadillos. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather stay in their house than one of the sheds. :o
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Precipitation levels???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woman in red looks trouble. I thought camping would be right up the American guys street. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do look nice actually but a bit on the small side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yikes. 80's duvet alert.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not liking the fat chap with the 'tache.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Do not use kettle or toaster while using the shower'. :confused: Bit weird.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    King Johns Court looks lovely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

lol :D Thought I was seeing things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous location.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

It probably trips the leccy ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He reminds me of Liberace.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    HATE the stupid activities, let see more of the pods.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    HATE the stupid activities, let see more of the pods.

There's not much else to see. :D
This discussion has been closed.