House of Tiny Tearaways Series 3

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    hi ponderings

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me i am very new to all this (its taken a lot of courage to post) i did post a couple of times on another website forum but they just ignored me.

Tanya was just talking in general about HOTT but she did say as a medical (health service) practioner she does have a duty of care so the help does not finish at the end of six days said that she thinks all of the parents are brave to do it also said that she finds it hard to switch off from them just because they are not in the house anymore she does stay in regular contact with some of them.

I did read an article once where she said that she was still in regular contact with a girl she helped ten years ago while working in the NHS.

I have also read about 'house of tiny terrors' know they wanted families to trial the house for two days this week and meet tanya so perhaps its being filmed soon.

I also wondered why it has been aired so soon perhaps its because of the world cup (that football thing) :yawn:

I can not fathom people who are all for tanya one minute and then knocking her the next and why what clothes she wears has anything to do with the work she does.

Thought jesse's parents were starting to get it tonight but had to hit the mute button every time amelia was on shes certainly got a pair of lungs on her, thought the bit where tanya was eating snacks with the children and harry saying he needed the toilet was hilarious

I have read postings by people who have been on the show and they say that tanya is amazing with the children and that she is an inspirational and wonderful women (they should know)

I will be online again sometime tomorrow bye
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    tracey im enjoying talking to you nice to have someone who also enjoys house of tinys. amelia did have quite an angry day yesterday i feel really sorry for her mum cos they just seem to be taking one step forward and 5 back and it must be so difficult to stay relaxed and happy at mealtimes especially when her husband has to be away.

you're probably right about the world cup thing i imagine they want to get it out before that starts because most people are going to be addicted to it....im more of a wimbledon person myself.

I'm totally with you on the Dr T thing in terms of her clothes and things. I watch the show because i find it interesting how the children change during the week not to see what she's wearing that day or how she has her hair. I also dont see how poeple can say the show isnt worthwile because every week the children come out better than when they went in so how is it not beneficial??

I read something about the House of Tiny Terrors that it was only 2 days as well so im like what is the point in that? i dont understand it its obviously not to solve any problems.

interesting to see if any headway is made tonight, looks like some families have hit a wall
    xx
    Forum Member
    hi ponderings

regarding house of tiny terrors from what i read they wanted people to try out the house before they start filming the american series i think they do this before each one so those people are not there to have any problems solved at first i thought tanya was going to america but this isn't the case the americans are being flown to the UK to our big red house.

I think i need a stiff drink after tonights episode let alone Tanya what was going on, surely amelia's behaviour can not be normal i am not an expert as i only have a nephew and 2 nieces as i can not have children but it seemed rather strange to me, is it a little girl just hearing no for the first time or does she have a psychological problem i guess Tanya knows the answer to that one and i may do when i have done my OU course.Felt so sorry for amelia's mum especially after seeing tomorrows promo where shes crying

Tanya should have gone to the sea side for the day she may have the patience of a saint but even she seemed to be getting rattled with the parents (such a contrast to last week) i am so happy for the Galton family i can really sympathise with george

I have read other forums where people have spent hours discussing why tanya wears scarfs round her neck :confused: whats that got to do with child behaviour

I also agree that the show is really beneficial not just to those taking part but to those at home as well i have learnt so much about myself and it has even inspired me to do the OU course i find it amazing that you can look at one problem from so many different angles i never knew children were so complicated

I must admit i am a football and a tennis fan :)

xxx
    Forum Member
    Tracey i agree with you on the amelia thing she's kinda scary. Her behaviour seems to have gone majorly downhill since coming in the house and she deosnt seem to be eating anything new....how gutting for her parents.

i agree about these families though they dont seem to have connected with Dr T like other families at all and seem to be fighting most things theyre being told, although the goltans seem to be doing a lot better...harry still has his moments but now more like any other 3 year old.

Your explanation of the house of tiny terrors makes much more sense than me thinking people were only going to be in for 2 days. I wonder when that will come out?Americans i cant wait. Apparently its on the discovery channel though, hope i manage to catch it i have a habit of missing programmes i like.

Tanya does seem to be getting a bit rattled with the parents. The look she was giving amelia's dad tonight when amelia was flipping out at the dinner table really made me laugh she looked TOTALLY unimpressed!!

This is gonna be a really wierd question but did u watch the last 2 series of H.O.T.T because i think the camera angles this season have been a lot more close up which has been bugging me. Like in consultations rather than seeing 3 pople talking you just get one person's face filling the screen so u dont really know what's going on. Also when people are just talking in the house it never really gives you a wide shot to see whats going on its all zoomed in which i dont like. Not sure if you've noticed or even care, its not of major importance ha ha but still annoys me because i want to see whats going on all around not just one person.

xx
    Forum Member
    hi ponderings

i agree about the camera angles sometimes on occasion they do seem to be zooming in close when people are upset i do find this a bit uncomfortable to watch and unnecessary they even did it tanya when she was talking to sarah larkin-smith in the garden about the death of her father it was so obvious that tanya was very upset as well given her own circumstances i did think should we be watching this but they do ask families if there are things they do not want broadcast i guess this applies to tanya as well she always says her number one priority are the parents and the children and not the fact she is making a tv programme. in the consultation room we are having to go back and forth like a yo yo.

i can always remind you when house of tiny terrors does start (either on here or by email) i can not work due to serious ill-health so do have a lot of free time on my hands that i rather wish i didn't have.

i am going to london this afternoon on a rare day out with a friend to see the musical chicargo :D but will not be back by 8.00pm so am having to set the dvd to record HOTT i'm just praying i do it right otherwise i will be :cry: and :mad:

this seems to be our forum does nobody else want to join in

xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Hi Tracey and Ponderings
    I watch this show too. I find it fascinating - at the same time mind-boggling, when I see what probems some small children can cause their parents. This weeks families, with the exception of Harry's seem particularly difficult to help. Little Amelie is a horror - obviously very calculating and powerful. Her comment 'today I'm going to beat Mummy' said it all. I just wonder if they will be able to turn things around. I missed the beginning on Monday but it shows that some children would really benefit from having one parent at home all the time. I know it is often not financially feasible but I think this family could manage it. Maybe Amelie just feels that the parents don't want to have the time for her. She must be the most difficult child to ever be on this programme and doesn't seem to be a very happy one. It can't be fun behaving like that all the time.
    Luckily, most turn out to be just misunderstood like Harry has been. He is a delightful little boy - just strong-willed. It is wonderful to see the transformation. It just needed the parents to be able to see him positively which is difficult when you are in the midst of it all and hear only negative comments wherever you go. Middle children, especially with same-sex siblings above and below, have a particularly hard time to find their position in the family. He just chose bad behaviour to make his presence felt.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how this week ends. I just can't see two of the families having the success they hoped for. My children are now out of that age group - but I can appreciate them for how little trouble they caused (in fact, they caused none!). I'm not sure if I could have coped with many of the children that we have seen over the weeks.

By the way, Tracey I am taping the show tonight (on video though) - you are welcome to have it if your recording doesn't work. You can't miss how all this ends
    Forum Member
    just a quick post this morning will write more later but in a rush now. I didnt see week one im totally gutted i was hoping they may repeat the series which they have done in the past but im not sure i hope so cos id really like to see the families in week 1.

tracey ill send you my email address in a pm...would be great if you could tell me when house of tiny terrors starts as i have a habit of missing eveything i like e.g. the first week of this series :cry:

oh well more later ncie to have someone else on this discussion forum too Liz G S

xx
    Forum Member
    hi liz and ponderings

just a quick post before i go out

liz thank you very much for you kind offer i do have a video player as well so i may have to take you up on it am only going out today as the tickets were half price and my health is not to bad at the moment even i am not that fanatical about HOTT not to go.

i am really glad i have found a forum where the other people are really really nice and you can have a sensible and intelligent discussion

Liz totally agree about what you said about harry as an adult i still feel i am misunderstood and that sometimes my moods are a barometer of others. didn't george say other people had been labelling harry as bad etc seeing all the children change is so heartwarming, had tears in my eyes last week when emily was hugging tanya on the last day it looked like she did not want to let go of her.

it must be so hard as a parent when you are in the middle of a tantrum to think clearly i have so much respect for all parents. i have read other people calling amelia a devil and wicked whats that called a self fullfilling prophecy i find watching her v v sad surely she can not be happy

My neices (4 and 2) and nephew (12) who i look after an awful lot now have clear boundaries and i see them just for what they are wonderful wonderful children who have their moments

Ponderings i do have week one on dvd if they do not repeat it you are more than welcome to borrow it there was an awful lot of tears,sadness and cuddles it was the first time i had seen tanya cry

i will not be on line again until late or tomorrow hopefully after i've watched tonights

bye for now have a nice day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, do you mind if I join in as well?!?! I did post a bit earlier in the week and last week (I think) but have just been reading since then - I suffer from social phobia (and agoraphobia) and sometimes just can't bring myself to join in, even when I know everyone's really nice. Other times I can be quite stroppy in my posts (I wrote a scathing one in a thread about Ginger Spice's new baby - loads of people were moaning about her having a caesarean, and as I have had 2, and know how flipping unpleasant they are, I had a bit of a rant about their attitudes!!!

Anyway, just wanted to say Tracey, I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time in London - I love musicals, but haven't been able to get to the theatre for years, so I've been buying them on DVD whenever I can!!! It's great that you're feeling well enough to go - am looking forward to hearing what you thought of it.

Okay, to get back on topic LOL. My son is a fussy eater, I wrote about him before, and he's on a school field trip this week - he comes home today, and I can't wait to see him! Anyway, he's 11, and thankfully has never been as bad as Amelia, but then we've never really challenged him to try new foods, we've just let him do his own thing, partly because along with the agoraphobia/social phobia, both my husband and I suffer from depression, and sometimes we just can't deal with the tantrums and have given in. It's been miserable at times, thinking that he'll never eat a "proper" meal, but last week, before he went on holiday, he ate a sausage for the first time.

Yesterday we got a letter from him. He said
    sorry I didn't write sooner, I was just having too much fun! Tonight I'm trying a cornish pastie, if I don't like it Mrs. ******* will have it! On Monday I had Garlic Bread (yuk!) and salad (Yum!). The sausages are ok but.....

then he goes on about all the activities they've been doing - my son hates water, and can't swim very well, but he's been canooing, surfing and yesterday went rock climbing!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when he gets home this afternoon.

Anyway, (sorry, I use that word a lot LOL) I'm over the moon that he's been trying new food. I spoke to his teachers before he went away, saying that I didn't want him to be pressured into eating the same as everyone else, cos all I was concerned about was that he have fun and not have to worry about every meal time. So to hear that he's been trying new food, and obviously the teachers are encouraging him, by saying, "well, if you try it and don't like it, I'll have it instead" - it's just brill, and I'm so happy. Even if he comes home and asks for a bowl of cereal for dinner, I won't care, I'm just happy that he's learning to put his fears behind him - not an easy thing when he lives with me and all my fears LOL

Sorry for going on so long, making up for all the quiet times LOL

I will join in more - like one of you said, it's so nice to "meet" up with other people who like a nice decent chat.

I haven't seen all of HOTT this week, but will definitely be watching tonight. I was finding it hard to cope with last week's little girl with the eating problems - her high-pitched crying was painful to listen to, and I honestly don't know how her mother coped, having to be right next to it for so long :eek: I have huge admiration for the parents who go on these programmes, and I've learnt an awful lot from simply watching it.

Okay, I'm really shutting up now LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi! I have been watching this conversation and the program avidly this week. This is the only forum I have found about this series of hott.

The reason for my interest?
    I am the proud father of Harry.

I can tell you first hand that not only is Dr Tanya Byron every bit as kind and professional and supportive as others have stated but that the whole production team is the same. We have no regrets whatsoever about taking part.

The experience has enlightened and strengthend us as a family. To have had such an oppertunity was indeed a privilage and such help would never be available on the NHS. It would also have cost thousands privatley for the expert guidance and help we recieved and we will be eternaly grateful to Tanya and the tiny tearaways team for their help.

We were filmed in the house last week and it has been great to be able to watch the program as soon as we got home. It reinforces all the things that we learnt / went through while they are still fresh in our minds.

we had such a great time by the end of the week that we didn't want to leave the house and were really sad to say goodbye to the other families as well as Tanya.

Its amazing how none of us missed having a tv, radio or mobile phone or contact with the outside world. This forced us to focus on our family issues (and amplified the emotions) It was also really nice to have a whole week with the family without the distraction of work.

It was a real emotional rollercoaster for us and the other families and by the end of the week it felt like one large family to me rather than 3 seperate ones.

I can't believe tonights show is the last one. Its all happened so quickly!

Our little Harry still has his moments but they are normal '3 year old' moments and are much less frequent and we are much better equipped to deal with them now.

Our kids didn't come with an instruction manual but we have been lucky enough to have had Tanya give us a couple of the most valuable pages.

I hope you enjoy tonights show. I hope they include the biscuit making activity as Harry will have people in hysterics. All I can say is that it was great to watch him making everyone laugh and realise what an absolute diamond he is!

We miss the other families (although we are still in contact with them) and the house a lot.
    I don't know If Tanya reads this forum but just in case she does A very big thank you once again. Georgie sends her love as do the rest of us especialy Harry Charles Galton

Also Best wishes to Claudia I hope all goes well
    Forum Member
    hi chris, jackanoodle and anybody else out there

i'm glad you like this forum there are other ones discussing HOTT but this is the only one that seems to have interesting and constructive discussions we are not interested in tanya's hair or clothes

i have only watched tonights show quickly as i have been to london for the day and i am absolutley exhausted
    jackanoodle just seen your joining in chicago was brillient would recommend it.

chris thought the incident with the flour was hilarious and the cushion fight on day one tanya clearly thought harry was a lovely littlev boy and a genius for building his track of cushions you could not see how much they were laughing until this week

so gald you got so much out of it, it was wonderful to see all of you but especially george getting happier i can really sympathise with her and you jackanoodle as i have had depression for the past 10 years the comment george made about feeling comfortable being sad really hit home when i do feel happier i think what is going to happen to make me sad again, i wanted to cry well if i'm honest i did when tanya said to george being depressed is not your fault. i have learnt so much about myself my past and my illness through this programme (in someways more than any treatment has) people like yourself who have been brave enough to go on national tv have my utter respect and i thank you so much

jackanoodle i worked in london for 10 years but only recently have i felt calm enough in social situations to go there again i am also recovering from a social phobia if there is anything i can do to help please let me know i did post on another forum but they totally ignored it took me a lot of courage to post as well i took heart from the postings i read including yours

chris i am so glad that tanya was all the things that we thought she was i read on another forum where the moderator said that tanya was only being nice because she was paid large sums of money to be nice this sent me :mad: very :mad: i have found her to be a truely professional amazing inspirational and wonderful women it is v clear that the children really adore her

i was v worried about claudia by the end i thought she was going to explode! i really do wish you and you family well and lots and lots of happy times together

xxx
    Forum Member
    hi back again

never apologise jackanoodle for going on i seem to be good at that as well now i've found people who want to talk to me your never going to able to shut me up i am more than happy to talk on here or by email if you want, i am so very glad your son is really enjoying his school trip my nephew is 12 and also a fussy eater sadly stickers do not work any more i think is grandad gave him a pound for trying sweetcorn the other day! luckily i'm the tanya one in the family who has the patience of a saint and helps him with his homework etc

how did i get to london? with the support of a good friend fantastic help and support from my psychiatrist the right medication what i have learnt from HOTT and a lot of determination (i also have osteoarthritis of the spine and a prolapsed disc and have to walk with a stick but nobody offered me a seat wanted to lay down and have a tantrum and :cry: )

chris i know you and george work in mental health the help and support i have received has been absolutely amazing i can not fault any of it you have my total respect, one cpn in particular went way beyond her duty of care to help me and i will never forget her

i would love to continue discussing HOTT and life in general even though this series has finished (chris i hope tanya reads this forum as well and not the ones critising her and her choice of scarves)

now i must go to bed before i collapse will come online again tomorrow

xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Tracey

I just popped in here quickly before I go to bed, so won't write much at all (can barely keep my eyes open LOL), anyway, just wanted to say I'm really glad you enjoyed Chicago, and a huge Well Done on getting there. Sadly, it doesn't surprise me that no-one offered you a seat, but it does make me very angry.

I'll write more tomorrow.

Harry's dad - sorry, hopeless with names - I wasn't able to watch the beginning of the programme, so I missed Tanya's review of what you'd all achieved over the week. How is Harry now he's home? I did catch her at the very end, saying that he might relapse a little once he got back to familiar surroundings? Have things continued to improve since you got home? I really hope so :)

I'm off to bed, talk to you all tomorrow :D
    Forum Member
    well seems a lot more people have joined us tracey since the last time i posted. Have had majorly stressful day today up at 6am and only just into bed now hence the lack of posting.

H.O.T.T good tonight although feel really sorry for amelia's parents who do seem to be going home with none of their problems resolved although they seem to be on the right track.

Jesse was cute tonight and so much better at sleeping although i think Harry is the child really to show the major differences in behaviour that we've become accustomed to on House of Tinys. I must admit when i saw the tape of him i was like WOAH major tantrums here but in the house he was hilarious i loved the "i need a poo" statment in the middle of the eating game with amelia and the lets just throw flour all over us and why not chuck in a few eggs as well game tonight very funny. Thanks for coming on here chris its really nice to be able to chat first hand with the people that have been in the house as kind of gives us a look into it apart from what we see on tv and a true reflection of what people in the house are like. Do you mind if i ask u some questions? 1. do you know of any plans to do a follow up show where they see how you're getting on a few weeks later as there have been these throughout the other series but not in this one which has been a shame. and 2. Do you keep in contact with Dr T after your week or was it kind of like ok now you're gone the door is shut, onto the next people?

Tracey even though the House of tinys has finished im with you on the still wanting to discuss it thing as im a bit gutted its finished, although looking forward to the american version. If the offer of borrowing your dvds of week 1 is still going could you possibly give me your email address so i can send you my home address then you could send them to me? and i promise to take good care of them (also let me know of any postage costs or anything) :) This might sound like a wierd question but do you have any of series 1 on dvd as well because i missed a lot of that as well, week 1 and week 2 because as usual i didnt realise it was on until id missed half of it :cry:

Anyway better go now! jackanoodle great to hear about your son and nice to have you on here its really nice to speak with other poeple who enjoy the show not just people who want to criticise it, tracey i know the forum you're talking about and i dont like it much myself.

Anyway long post so ill finally go and look forward to reading messages tomorrow :) xx
    Forum Member
    hi all

eating my porridge while on here but still feel like i'm in a coma couldn't sleep last night always feel very :sleep: and ill after a busy day

chris i also found the incident when harry told tanya he needed the toilet v funny it was just the way he said it and her reaction could hear you all laughing as well he had been taping her arm to get her attention. i also want to apologise if i have ever said anything detrimental about your family if i did it was never my intention to do so or to be judgemntal and unkind it would have only been because of what i had seen so if i did i'm really sorry, will not ask any personal questions about tanya because it is not fair on yourselves and an invasion of her privacy, just think you are a lovely family and harry is very beautiful and intelligent.
    Did smile on first night when you said to george that your mates had said that tanya would have you crying and you had been like no she will not i'm not saying theres anything wrong in crying far from it, its a very brave thing to do.

ponderings, sorry to hear you have had a stressful day off course you can borrow the dvd's will send you my email address when i work out how to send a private message
    i do not have series 1 on dvd only very poor quality video, you are more than welcome to borrow any weeks fron series 1 and 2. i also felt very sorry for amelia's parents thought tanya was very honest when she said 'i feel like i've let you down' i'm sure they will get a lot of follow up help.

hope you all have a really good day its fantastic to chat to such wonderful people will log on again when i have come out of my coma

xxx
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tracey 40 wrote:

I also agree that the show is really beneficial not just to those taking part but to those at home as well i have learnt so much about myself and it has even inspired me to do the OU course i find it amazing that you can look at one problem from so many different angles i never knew children were so complicated

Tracey - I'm a bit of a lurker on this site, but HOTT is compulsive viewing for me, and I have no kids, unlikely to have any :( but 2 nephews and a niece, and friends with an array of different versions of 'children'. I run the risk now of becoming a HOTT bore, and consciously try not to refer to the programme each time a friend says 'I'm at my wits end'. But there is so much for parents to use in the programme.
    A box set of the dvds should be given to parents when they turn up for their anti natal classes (they won't have time after the baby arrives ;) ).
    I'm pretty fed up at work, and still don't know what to do when I grow up (I'm 42!). To get me out of a rut, a friend asked if I had my time over again, what would I really like to do? I know its a bit twee, but watching HOTT, I feel a fascination for the problems and an interest that I don't get from anything else. So I reckoned an OU course relating to the issues was the next step.
    So, and heres my point - what OU course are you doing, and how are you getting on?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Not much time today but I did feel that all families gained something this week- with Amelie's and Jesse's families it is the question of whether they find the strength to keep it up. Amelie did show flashes of the child she can be, e.g. the fish game incident which her mother dealt with very firmly and perfectly, to which Amelie responded really well and seemed happy that her mother had taken over for once! It is just hard for everyone to change a long-term habit and the mother is exhausted emotionally from the constant battles.
    Harry remains my favourite - a delightful little boy. I am so happy he had a chance to show what he is really like. I loved his interaction with his older brother in the bedroom, how he said 'silly me!' when he got the wrong light switch - or said 'your my best friend' when going down the slide in Brighton. I know how it is when it is your own child. It is hard to see them as the small children they actually are when in the midst of battles (as always seems to be possible when confronted with other peoples children). It is a sad fact but it is always easier to be more understanding of the faults of others.
    I wish they would still have the reports from a few weeks on as they used to. I'd love to know how everyone is doing.
    Forum Member
    i was thinking they might do a follow up show because due to the timescale of filming one week then broadcasting it the next week there's no time for them to catch up with the families 2 or 3 weeks later and show it on the end of their week so i was hoping they might just broadcast a whole show later on with all the families on but i guess the only one who could answer that would be chris as obviously they'd have to get in contact with the families to see if they could once again invade their houses.

here's hoping :)
  • NonamooseNonamoose Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone!

Chris, thanks for taking the time to come and let us know who you are and your experiences. It seems that everyone who has been in the HTT have had very positive experiences which is great because it takes a tremendous amount of guts to do something like that. It was lovely to see your family blossom, especially Georgie :) I can relate to so much of what she said about happiness etc :)

Aww, that's another series done but it seems hopeful that another series will be made. Claudia wasn't looking very well I have to say so I hope that all goes well for her with the baby etc :) She must really be about ready to go, bless her.
    Forum Member
    hi to ff999 and everybody out there

ff999 we could be twins i'm a few weeks short of my 40th birthday i can not work and may not be able to work again due to serious illness (also i can not spell today) these illnesses and medication mean i can not have children.

i spend alot of the time during the week looking after my nieces (4 and 2) and my nephew (12) because of their parents work commitments HOTT really has been beneficial and helped me know end but i do have to stop myself saying 'but tanya says' . I say to the 4 year old do you want to go and stay in tanya's house she must be thinking who the hell is tanya. what i do get from my brother is what do you know because you do not have children after watching tanya and my own natural instincts i know a awful lot

i did do an OU course in understanding social care a few years back my new one doesn't start until 1st sept because i had to apply for a financial award its called 'understanding children' its an openings course which help you to get back into studying in time i want to work up to a degree in psychology my ambition is to do voluntary work with children
    i have always had a passion for children long before i heard the name tanya byron

i'm really glad to hear that all the parents that have been on HOTT and have taken the time to post have had a really positve and life changing experience you are all so brave and have my total respect

agree about claudia did they just stick her on that chair for 4 weeks and keep wheeling her out she was absolutely amazing but did look ill sometimes

it seems we have got tanya and the american kids to look forward to but lets hope there is going to be a new british series as well i hope tanya does not get to despondent if she reads forums not all of us are so negative or critising your clothing to thousands you are a saviour

i'm going for a lay down after that rant will be back later this evening

xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi all!
    It's lovely to see everyones comments. Particularly about our little Harry, Obviously he was our favourite on the program. It is great to hear positive comments about him. we only used to focus on the negative ones which led to our difficulties in the first place.

Tracey40

I can't believe people can watch a show like Hott and comment on what Tanya wears. We thought she always looked great. They obviously missed the point of the program. And I can't imagine what planet the idiot who suggested she's only nice because she's paid loads of money to be so comes from. You can't fake being nice. People will always see through it. You may have noticed Georgie crying at the end of the program as we were leaving the house. Yes we were all sad to be leaving the house but Georgie had really connected with Tanya and we respected her immensley. Tanya also made us feel that she respected us as well and that is what Georgie misses the most. Georgie is a very good judge of charactor (amongst lots of other great things) and Tanya made a big impact on both of us. I'm sure she has her faults. She's only human after all, but she has a way of making you see the simple positive things you can do to change for the better and that is a gift. Lets not forget that if she wanted she could work in the NHS or private sector earning lots of money also and probably not have to work as hard. I garuntee she would still be just as nice.

I am glad everyone enjoyed watching us.
    I do feel for kemi & Michael and Matt and Natalie. obviously people only saw them on the program. We saw them 24 / 7 and they are all great people it's really strange spending all that time with them and then not seeing them for a few days now. Its also strange when you hear a noise and think "oh, thats a camera moving" then you think hang on a minute there arn't any camera's!"

We only met Claudia very briefly when we came out of the house and she looked amazing. Again she came across as very down to earth and was lovely. she looked amazing if and a little tired but who wouldn't be at her stage of pregnancy. She did say tearaways was her favourite program to work on.

I havn't worked for the NHS for a while now but 20 years was enough! I now have a less stressful job that pays a lot more. The hours are a little un social but then so are the ones in the NHS.
    I am glad you recieved the help you needed.

As for saying something that offended us don't worry. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and we don't take offence easily. I haven't seen anything that could be considered offensive about us from anyone anyway. What really matters is how people feel inside and we are happy with who we are.

Yes The "I need a pooh" incident was funny. There were also several other funny moments in the house that didn't make it into the program but they couldn't include everything. I havn't taken any stick at work yet for crying but I am sure it will happen. The emotions are amplified in the house, you have nothing else to think about other than the reason we entered the house. We love our children (and each other) so much that we just wanted to sort ourselves out.

Jackanoodle

Harry is just Harry. The problem never was Harry. It was us and how we dealt with and saw him. They never showed our video diary but in it we appologised to him for not seeing him as the gorgeous little boy he is.

When we saw the first program and how sad he looked sitting on our sofa it made us both cry. He is a much happier little boy now. He still has the odd moment but then there would be something wrong with him if he didn't. He is a 3 year old little boy , our little boy that along with Toby and Joe we are very very proud of.

It was obvious to us that everyone involved in the program adored him.

Ponderings

I don't know about any follow up program on us as families but we are all still in touch and plan to meet up soon. Nothing to do with the program though but I don't think the families would mind if outline productions or the bbc wanted to do it.

Tanya does not shut the door and move on to the next set of families. If help is still needed she gives it. Yes she was making a tv program but her primary concern was the families. She told us to contact her if needed

The tearaways team have contacted us since comming out to see how we are.
    Like I said in my earlier posting the whole tearaways team are fantastic,caring and proffessional people.

Thats it for now. I must get some sleep. I was up at 4 this morning for work.
    Glad we took part and people liked Harry and us.
    I hope they make another series.

Chris
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    hi I can not believe I have only just found this thread! i have watched all the series of HOTT and Harrys dad you made me cry! It was so lovely to see a family come together who so obviously love each other dearly.

I have worked with children for 13 years, so often children are branded with a tag, often not a nice one, yet they do not come in to the world that way they learn that behaviour. Sometimes all they need is someone to allow them to behave differently. Tanya has such a wonderful way of solving the problems and always respecting the parents as people with feelings too.

I am dissapointed though due to a family bereavement I missed the selective mutisim episodes and I really wanted to see how Tanya treated this? can anyone remember?
    look forward to having some peeps to discussing the upcoming episodes with .
    Forum Member
    this is just a quick post as i have a raging migraine and i am going to bed

chris hi

thank you very much for your reply it has just reinforced what other people who have been on HOTT have said about tanya and the team. i am very new to this internet lark and have been totally amazed and shocked by what some people say or perhaps i'm just naive because i donn't get out much

i know exactly what georgie meant when she said she needed positive criticism as well as negative and about having to like herself again, i have so much respect for her it was very courageous of her to talk on national tv about things i have difficulty talking in private about

obviously i do not know tanya personally but she always comes across as a very very genuine women she should be in hollywood if she was faking the emotion she showed (especially in week 1) but i'm sure she has her faults like the rest of us because she's a human being not a saint or a robot. the way children seem to be mesmerized by her is so heart warming.

the idiot concerned was a forum moderator who seems to have a serious grudge against tanya for some reason i was so :mad: i lodged a formal complaint but did not get a reply.

i am also a very good judge of character like georgie especially of people who work in the mental health sector given my 10 years of experience 9 times out of 10 i can spot the ones who are just there for the pay packet each month and those that genuinely care i wouldn't be here today if a CPN had just done her job the fact she really cared saved my life (this was a few years ago and i am miles better now)

as you pointed out tanya could easily earn more money elsewhere and not have loads of people criticising her dress sense and her work i remember her saying once that she finds it very hard to switch of from families after they had left the house and that she was still in regular contact with a girl she had helped 10 years previously while working in the NHS

i am not a tanya 'fan' like some of the youngsters that post on other websites i would be very concerned if people wanted to start dressing like me. i just can not abide people who are negative, critical or down right rude when there is no need to be and it is not deserved

i hope you can post now and again to let us know how you are all doing people on this website are genuinely interested

love to you all
    tracey xxx :):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone

This is my first time of posting on any forum but I really felt the need to express how much I thoroughly enjoyed watching The House of Tiny Tearaways. Not only have I received fantastic parenting advice for the future, but thankfully, it has also changed my belief about disciplining children effectively without smacking them - unlike my upbringing. But also, some of the issues raised in the house which some of the parents were dealing with were some issues I myself have been struggling to deal with for quite some time. I have a lot of admiration and gratitude to Dr Tanya for all the professional advice and guidance she has given to so many and in an indirect way, even me, by just listening to her. I could see the positive affect Dr Tanya's consultations were having on these parents which prompted me to seek professional help too. Now, I am relieved to say, like many of the parents in the house, I have shifted a gear and now motoring along the motorway of happiness.

So really, I guess I have joined this forum to say a huge thank you to all the families that have been so brave and honest in the House of Tiny Tearaways and a huge thank you to Dr Tanya for all the incredible work she continues to do with people - from all walks of life.

Oh and just one last thing ... It would be great if a follow up series of all the families was made because I would love to know how they are all getting on especially Bridget, Tyler and the gorgeous adorable little Erin and of course little Charlie and his family xxx
    Forum Member
    hi bls202 and welcome to our jolly little gang which seems to be getting larger by the day :)

the word seems to be getting around that this is the place to be for sensible and informative chat without feeling the need to give tanya a makeover

i know how i felt posting for the first time absolutely terrified :eek: (couldn't find a terrified face) now theres no stopping me

i agree whole heartedly with everything that you said, this programme has help me enormously off course it has not solved all my problems but it has been instrumental in helping me to look at my upbringing in a different light and the way i relate to adults and children

i hope that one day tanya reads this forum or somebody tells her about it because then she would see how much gratitude and admiration people have for her and how many lifes she has transformed without even realising it and not just childrens

have a nice day everyone - talk again later

traceyxxx