Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    4Dman wrote: »
    Rotten film in 2D, rotten film in 3D.

I'm sure the poor wretches who drowned on the Titanic had it all in 3D, surround-sound and smell-o-vision.

I hate this current media obsession with a terrible tragedy in which many people died a horrible death. Just because it happened a 100 years ago doesn't make it any more acceptable - it still smacks of money-making grave robbery.:mad:

/rant over

I noticed on the trailers they say "The most beloved film in history" or something like that, what are those claims based on? :confused: Its no longer the most succesful film (financially) at the Worldwide or USA BO.
  • Press_EscPress_Esc Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THAT coca-cola advert hyping up the 2012 Olympics, and some 'gangstaaar' at the end going "move to the beat." Makes me want to physically kick the TV in.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see the back of the MaClean ads sponsoring this years Dancing On Ice :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Press_Esc wrote: »
    THAT coca-cola advert hyping up the 2012 Olympics, and some 'gangstaaar' at the end going "move to the beat." Makes me want to physically kick the TV in.

So it's not just a cinema-exclusive advert...
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Not really annoying just confusing is the Holiday Inn one.
    I guess they were desperate to get an Olympian but why choose a not very well known BMXer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glade Discreet

Two stylist 30 something women walk into a house where the lobby is larger than most people's houses, have a badly dubbed conversation with each other and the visitor pulls a plastic thing that dispenses factory produced scent out of her handbag. The house must cost several million and they can't afford flowers?
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    You make awful adverts. You save.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I hate adverts that are completely milking the olympics!!!!

The cadbury one says "official treat provider of the olympic games !

WTF does that even mean!?! - Is there going to be a cadbury rep standing at the podium 'providing treats' ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I see ASDA now are promoting spend £40 on your shopping and get £5 off your next shop as if it's a brilliant offer, funny Tesco have been doing that for a few weeks now....
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ladbrokes friken italian !

i need to start a petition !
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain the M&Ms ad?
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    pnp63 wrote: »
    Can someone explain the M&Ms ad?

There is a pattern of strangely menacing animate things. The polar bear selling fish fingers, the hotel with a teddy bear and to a lesser degree the M&Ms.
  • atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I am sure I am not the only one here who would say that the Scottish accent is not considered "foreign" so please stop talking out of your backside.
    Oh yes it is:D Or soon will be, you can't have it both ways:p
  • atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ceecee31 wrote: »
    Yet another insular Londoner who thinks the world ends at the Watford gap!
    I'm in London. I'm from Sunderland. You should hear some of the vowels up there.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    You make awful adverts. You save.

You type on DS Forum Worst advert on TV at the moment. You save.

:mad:
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the way both singers pronounce the word "same"

Normally? How do you pronounce it?

The one that annoys me is the new Sony Xperia S advert with the little kid talking about there being robots inside it. Go find a toy to advertise little kid, phones are for adults! :mad:

Edit: After reading back a few pages, that "Blood in the poo" one annoys me too! I mean seriously, poo? Wtf? Either be normal and say shit or be medical and say stool, feces or excrement.
    Forum Member
    Iphone ad....

Beep - do I need an umbrella today?
    Beep - when is my brother landing?
    Beep - what am I doing today?
    Beep - do I need to wear clothes?
    Beep - have I got a brain?
  • emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pnp63 wrote: »
    Iphone ad....

Beep - do I need an umbrella today?
    Beep - when is my brother landing?
    Beep - what am I doing today?
    Beep - do I need to wear clothes?
    Beep - have I got a brain?

sad inditement on...erm the phone company
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Beep - do you know where my brother is?
    Just text him you lazy ****! :mad:

I know this is just a cinema ad but in the one with all those movie headlines - are they actually real?
    For example Beetlejuice 2 is "In development" according to IMDB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    The Harvester ad with the little kid pretending to be the chef. Seems to be on every ad break that I catch
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new iPad. Trade in last weeks ipad and buy this weeks model so you can watch the same bad quality Youtube videos on the best screen ever until we bring out a better one next week.:rolleyes:
  • Lovely LadyLovely Lady Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    I've had the TV on for about an hour and a half, and ITV1 have shown the blood in your poo ad at least three times! I couldn't believe it.
    Forum Member
    There is a pattern of strangely menacing animate things. The polar bear selling fish fingers, the hotel with a teddy bear and to a lesser degree the M&Ms.

Well if M&Ms throw things and talk back like that I'm not buying them!!!!
    Forum Member
    emily222 wrote: »
    sad inditement on...erm the phone company

I know some apps are good, but I don't think we need anything like this, I know some will leap to get the phone, if we are not careful we will end up like those folk on Wall-E, lazy slobs just pressing buttons....
    Forum Member
    I've had the TV on for about an hour and a half, and ITV1 have shown the blood in your poo ad at least three times! I couldn't believe it.

Just sums up ITV1 really :D
This discussion has been closed.