Verence wrote: »
    Looking forward to next week's episode as it features the debuts of
    Captain Cold and Heat Wave, two more of the Rogues

Don't forget
    Felicity is also in this one
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Caitlin was talking to Barry about Ronnie, she said they where like Fire & Ice a little hint that points the way for Killer Frost & Firestorm.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting reading the spoilers and not knowing anything about The Flash's history :)
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    It's interesting reading the spoilers and not knowing anything about The Flash's history :)

Likewise :)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    When Caitlin was talking to Barry about Ronnie, she said they where like Fire & Ice a little hint that points the way for Killer Frost & Firestorm.
    They're like those two minor league female members of the Justice League?? :D
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    In the Comics, does The Flash ever learn how to run fast enough to go back in time, or is that just a superman thing?
  • themightypierrethemightypierre Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate his 'Lois Lane' type relationship with Iris. It's so clichéd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the Comics, does The Flash ever learn how to run fast enough to go back in time, or is that just a superman thing?
    spoilered - WARNING although the question itself isn't likely to crop up, there's a critically major plotline wrapped in it, so do not read it all if you really don't want to know too much. Also - I can't work out how to nest spoilers, so spoilers #2 and #3 refer to the first one in case you don't want it all revealed). Sorry! :D
    He does go back in time on very few occasions in the comics. Can't for the life of me recall how, but I'm sure you can find the answer online.
    However - remember Barry's mom being killed by a yellow flash of lightning? That's a travel back in time thing by someone. (see spoiler #2 for who and #3 for more on Barry's mom)
    There's a probable clue to Flash visiting the future in the prog where he was on the treadmill testing his powers. In the comics he has a 'cosmic treadmill' he uses to concentrate his power and get to the future - he fights the above-named person a few times. See
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_treadmill for the details of the treadmill.
    Spoiler #2
    Professor Zoom the evil future Reverse-Flash
    Spoiler #3
    Iris Allen is from Professor Zoom's future in the comics. Not sure how they fit that in here, as in the comics she was his wife. Looks like they are transferring that storyline to Barry's mom, as in the comics Iris is killed by the Professor.
    Blimey! That's complicated :D
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Question: I have just watched the first couple of episodes of Flash, but I'm very far behind on Arrow, I only started watching this when they started showing Season 1 on Sunday evenings on Sky 2 a couple of months or so ago. I know that there are crossover episodes in Season 2 of Arrow - I've just been watching Arrow S1 when it airs on Sundays up until now, but it is probably time to get myself more up to date quickly - should I hold off watching more of The Flash, and at what point in Season 2 of Arrow does it start to tie in ?
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Eileen* wrote: »
    Question: I have just watched the first couple of episodes of Flash, but I'm very far behind on Arrow, I only started watching this when they started showing Season 1 on Sunday evenings on Sky 2 a couple of months or so ago. I know that there are crossover episodes in Season 2 of Arrow - I've just been watching Arrow S1 when it airs on Sundays up until now, but it is probably time to get myself more up to date quickly - should I hold off watching more of The Flash, and at what point in Season 2 of Arrow does it start to tie in ?

Barry Allen is introduced about halfway through season 2 of Arrow.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think we'll know until it happens. I've only watched season 1 of Arrow and there hasn't been any significant crossover yet in The Flash, only a brief cameo.
  • decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I watched the first two episodes of The Flash and then went back and watched Arrow seasons one and two. I'm up to date with both now and to be honest the crossover in season two isn't hugely significant, especially as you've already seen The Flash.

Episodes eight of both Arrow and The Flash this season are crossovers that tie in, that could be where you want to be up to date with both.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I watched the first two episodes of The Flash and then went back and watched Arrow seasons one and two. I'm up to date with both now and to be honest the crossover in season two isn't hugely significant, especially as you've already seen The Flash.

Episodes eight of both Arrow and The Flash this season are crossovers that tie in, that could be where you want to be up to date with both.

OK thanks :) I've got my Tivo recording Arrow S3 and The Flash at the moment, think I'll leave them both on there and go and finish off S1 and watch S2 of Arrow elsewhere first, if I'm going to watch the Flash at UK pace, which I probably well as it's easier, it gives me a few weeks to catch up :)
  • SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Could we keep this thread spoiler free, please? That would include comic book talk. Thanks.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed tonight's episode but I've got the feeling that it won't be the last we see of Plastique

I liked the hint at the end towards Grood which will be interesting to see how they portray him

Im still wondering how Sky are planning to show the rest of the episodes before Christmas as if they carry on with one a week then they will show the mid season finale on the 23rd December but then the Arrow mid season finale would be shown on Christmas Day which doesn't make sense!

So maybe Sky will decside to show the cross over double episode in a seperate double bill on a different night so they will have finished Arrow and The Flash before Christmas!

Or maybe I'm wrong!
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    This week episode was pretty average but I still enjoyed the end appearance of Reverse Flash/Professor Zoom and the hint towards Firestorm as well
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    I tend to watch the Flash right after Gotham and I'm finding this so much better. It looks great, the stories are more interesting and the characters are much more likeable.

Monster of the week shows can often be very repetitive, but even they're more fun in this than usual.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they need to work on flashs fight scenes.

quite boring at mo(ive seen 3 episodes)
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Honestly, I've found my interest dwindle in the last few episodes. There's nothing really keeping me hooked or engaged, and I found myself doing other things which I usually focus on the episode.

Although I'm sure things will begin picking up!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still watching, but it's not engaging me much. The thing with the blog seems very Lois Lane. It's generally less adult than Arrow.
  • newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely the cop must suspect that it's Dr Wells that's the yellow flash, as he was the only one he's told about his suspicions?
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I'm still watching, but it's not engaging me much. The thing with the blog seems very Lois Lane. It's generally less adult than Arrow.

It's still adult, just a different flavour. Both series have the respective tone of their comics. Supergirl may be more complicated due to the erratic nature and tone of her own comics (and the varying Supergirls). Though I'm guessing we'll get a "Buffy, but knows what she is and wants" type character.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Enjoying Arrow and Flash looking forward to seeing more of Reverse Flash.
  • F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does the flash transport people at high speed, wouldn't they be killed by the g-force?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not spoilered as although it mentions something not yet introduced from the comics canon it's not a major plot reveal.
    F2kSel wrote: »
    How does the flash transport people at high speed, wouldn't they be killed by the g-force?
    In the comics Barry and Wally both have the 'speed force aura'. This is like a personal protective shield that protects them from the effects of high speed. It also includes protecting anyone they are carrying.
    It looks as if the same applies on the tv.