• fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My planner says ep 7 is next.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My planner says ep 7 is next.
    I think your planner is singing slightly off-key! Last night's was episode 9...

I tend not to trust the EPG if it's too soon before or after channels being shifted around - or added, removed, changed name, actually broadcasting stuff instead of a 'coming soon' card, plus or minus flashing images, scenes of mild peril, extreme loudness of shirts/ties etc - though that's probably more down to me buying cheap stuff :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK so it looks like there might actually be a herd of mutant snow emus, except as a tribe of intelligent ones who are perhaps not wild but certainly livid ;)
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the next one and a helicopter crashed near the camp.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant to add something here after the final episode but got a bit distracted. For all the remarks (or maybe it was just one or two) about unanswered questions, the only one I can really think of that requires an answer is 'what now?'. That's not to say that fleshing out the circumstantial scenery is irrelevant - quite the opposite - but I can go along with the idea that nobody (i.e. the viewer) except the locals really knows anything about the forest anyway.

Now that the contestants have found their way back to civilisation (even an abandoned one), the show presumably would have to take a somewhat different direction, e.g. fixing the time-space continuuinuuum or getting back to their own dimension and/or stopping the invasion of weird-footed aliens, and/or that green beam into the sky being the visible part of a resonance cascade scenario.
  • welshblobwelshblob Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise this was being shown in the uk. I quite enjoyed it and found it much better than under the dome that premiered at the same time in the us. Disappointed that it didn't get a second season as I would have liked to have known where it would have gone. It felt very much like lost in some parts with finding abandoned science station and alluding to time travel. It was also a very good paraody of a reality show with annoying characters and slick editing.

Iirc the season order was cut short and the last episode was actually two edited down to one which made it feel a bit rushed. I believe all episodes may have been filmed regardless so not sure if the uk got an extra episode. The reason the order was cut short was not necessarily low ratings, although it didn't help, it was due to a certain royal baby being born and that Monday's episode being dropped and the end of the season not being extended. In fact I think it tanked in the ratings as it was advertised as a reality show and then the audience felt duped when they found out it wasn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshblob wrote: »
    Didn't realise this was being shown in the uk. I quite enjoyed it and found it much better than under the dome
    :eek: Blasphemy!
    Though possibly forgiveable :p - I liked Under The Dome for very different reasons and wouldn't really compare the two anyway.
    ... I believe all episodes may have been filmed regardless so not sure if the uk got an extra episode.
    I don't think we did - 11 episodes seemed a little odd for a run, and this does explain the 'rushed' feel - according to IMDB (can't tell if this is real or user-provided theory) it wasn't anything royal, just a couple of other shows being given priority which sounds more like someone did a typo in the calendar.
    ... In fact I think it tanked in the ratings as it was advertised as a reality show and then the audience felt duped when they found out it wasn't.
    You may well be right - though when I first started watching I was under the opposite impression - that it was fictional and then thinking 'hang on this is a normal reality show'. Was it actually advertised as a reality show or was it that people didn't get as far as the 'gone wrong' bit?
  • welshblobwelshblob Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Blasphemy!
    Though possibly forgiveable :p - I liked Under The Dome for very different reasons and wouldn't really compare the two anyway.

I linked it with under the dumb, sorry dome 😉, as they were both summer fillers in 2013 and scifi.
    I don't think we did - 11 episodes seemed a little odd for a run, and this does explain the 'rushed' feel - according to IMDB (can't tell if this is real or user-provided theory) it wasn't anything royal, just a couple of other shows being given priority which sounds more like someone did a typo in the calendar.

It was postponed for a week due to the royal baby though and I don't think they allowed the extra time slot for the 12th ep. It didn't quite make sense as what i read stated that is was an off the shelf show already produced and filmed and so the network having control like that is a bit odd. Of course I could have been wrong.
    You may well be right - though when I first started watching I was under the opposite impression - that it was fictional and then thinking 'hang on this is a normal reality show'. Was it actually advertised as a reality show or was it that people didn't get as far as the 'gone wrong' bit?

Looking at the forum posts about it at the time some people were very angry about being duped and it was implied it was advertised as a real reality show.

If you liked this then you'd probably like a 2013 film called Devils Pass as it has a very similar premise but without the reality show bit.

Edit : I'm still watching under the dome for some reason 😁
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I linked it with under the dumb, sorry dome 😉, as they were both summer fillers in 2013 and scifi.

It was postponed for a week due to the royal baby though and I don't think they allowed the extra time slot for the 12th ep. It didn't quite make sense as what i read stated that is was an off the shelf show already produced and filmed and so the network having control like that is a bit odd. Of course I could have been wrong.

Looking at the forum posts about it at the time some people were very angry about being duped and it was implied it was advertised as a real reality show.

If you liked this then you'd probably like a 2013 film called Devils Pass as it has a very similar premise but without the reality show bit.

That would include me. But when the penny dropped I loved being tricked like that. I felt like such a fool but I saw the funny side of it. From then on in I enjoyed the series.
    It really was convincing in the first couple of episodes of being a reality show which was 'fake', but it turned out that it was a lot more than just 'fake'.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You and everybody else :p
    Apart from all the put-downs, it's unputdownable :) and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    ... It really was convincing in the first couple of episodes of being a reality show which was 'fake', but it turned out that it was a lot more than just 'fake'.:D
    My confusion being the other way around but it's interesting to see how differently it 'worked' on different people, depending on what they were expecting.
    My main criticism is that there weren't nearly enough slaps/buckets and/or duct tape because everyone shouting over each other did get more than a tad annoying at times.