Do you reckon Lady Gaga will be doing the Super Bowl Half-Time next year?

Comments

• NewBallsPleaseNewBallsPlease Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    So? I think this is the first Superbowl since U2 to only have one performer.

Prince was all alone in 2007 with his backing band (and admittedly some marching band for the intro to '1999').

As for Gaga, I fear she may have disappeared up her own arse by the time of the next Superbowl. She's heading in that direction, unfortunately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long do you think an act should have been around for before doing the Super Bowl?

10 years minimum
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aries_123 wrote: »
    10 years minimum

new kids on the block did it in 1991
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popping a tit out for her mini-monsterz?
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Aries_123 wrote: »
    10 years minimum

The Black Eyed Peas had been formed that long but were hardly pulling up trees for most of it.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I agree with 10 years minimum. Lady Gaga only blew up in 2009, she should perform at the Superbowl around 2019/2020 time if she's still around then. Beyonce has proved her longevity, but you can't have a pop star that's only been around for a few years perform, it would be embarrassing looking back in the future if that pop star wasn't around for much longer. Lady Gaga got popular in my last year of college, now I'm in my first year on Uni and people are already talking about her performing at the Superbowl?

I think the Black Eyed Peas formed in the late 90's, but their first albums flopped commercially, they crossed over to the mainstream in 2003. I think they were more justified in performing then than Lady Gaga would be now, although I think they should've waited a bit longer for the BEPs.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney needs to have her own Superbowl show. I know she's appeared before, but just imagine the hits she could perform. Rihanna would also put on one hell of a show. Maybe when she decides to put out a Greatest Hits she can do a Superbowl performance as well.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    So? I think this is the first Superbowl since U2 to only have one performer. Who's to say if GaGa wouldnt do it with someone else if she did do it?

Well the main act of 04 was Janet wasn't it? Theres no way Gaga should have a solo show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    A band would be good. Bon Jovi would be a good shout as it is coming from New Jersey. Personally as it's Jersey I would love Bruce to do it (alas he won't since it was only 4 years ago he did one. Maybe he could join Jon for a song). Or the Stones as they are 50, but again so recent.

Maybe Cher will finally make her comeback and do it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`d like something a bit different next year tbh it`d be great to see a band on again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see it being a country star in the next few years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Well the main act of 04 was Janet wasn't it? Theres no way Gaga should have a solo show.

Main act, yes. There is Usually a main act. No one has done it solo since U2, though. Janet had three other people perform that year. The marching band was a pretty big part of the performance the year Prince did it as well. I never said gaga would get a solo performance, but I wouldn't doubt that she might perform at a Superbowl in the coming years. Nick Minaj has been around less than her and she performed with Madonna. All that stuff has to be approved and if Nicki and M.I.A were, why not gaga?
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Main act, yes. There is Usually a main act. No one has done it solo since U2, though. Janet had three other people perform that year. The marching band was a pretty big part of the performance the year Prince did it as well. I never said gaga would get a solo performance, but I wouldn't doubt that she might perform at a Superbowl in the coming years. Nick Minaj has been around less than her and she performed with Madonna. All that stuff has to be approved and if Nicki and M.I.A were, why not gaga?

Nicki, M.I.A, LMFAO and Cee Lo were all invited by Madonna as her guests. The first three because they all colaborated with her on recent stuff. Madonna actually wanted Adele rather than Cee Lo but Adele couldn't do it.

So it was nothing to do with organisers. Again I don't think people over here really understand what the superbowl is.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we not count Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams as guest acts? It was hardly a Destiny's Child set.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    No one has done it solo since U2

Forgive me for being a bit confused. U2 was 2002? Who performed with the Rolling Stones in 2006? Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in 2008? Bruce Springsteen & E Street in 2009?

Aren't these bands performing solo without special guests?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know i was on the toilet earlier (dont ask!) and i had this funny idea of Britney finally doing her own Superbowl show....with her of course being in next era...and obviously live singing doesnt "matter" so no need for that as focus.

but if she was say...."performance peak" for a new era she could open with Baby....One More Time but my idea was if she perhaps opened with the pre chorus/chorus and then id a "Hit" medley of her idols AND a reflection on past performers of the SUperbowl ie - Vogue/Rhythm Nation/1999/Thriller mash up for a minute of choruses and choreo inspiration like she did on her first ever tour kinda thing and then do the massive final chorus of BOMT...and then perhaps a reinvigorated Toxic with choreo/massive thatrics still etc and then slow it down for a couple mins of Everytime maybe and reinvoke her "breakdown" but in an ironic way...then perhaps do Piece Of Me and then finish off with her newest song at that point (potentially anthem orientated)

It just kinda came to me in thought lol...but i do think should Britney Spears regain her dancey moves a bit more (doesnt have to be like hey day Britney moves but you know...) and had an influenced show it would be really cool, vibrant and fun plus she could 90s it all up and have Justin guest spot maybe (Everytime/Cry Me A River) would be brilliant :))

just a thought anyhow :D
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I should do it, to be honest. I've got the goods, I've got the drive, I've got a year to practice... sign me up!
  • TheBigBoyTheBigBoy Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    No Lady GaGa won't be doing the half-time next year because it's be cancelled
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigBoy wrote: »
    No Lady GaGa won't be doing the half-time next year because it's be cancelled

I read this too, it's going to happen in New Jersey and the temperatures will be extremely low and they said it isn't possible to put the stage up and remove it in enough time. I'm sure Gaga fans would like it but she's not been around long enough and interest in her is waning. They will probably have a rock band again next time or maybe Jay Z at a push. When Gaga has done 10 years at the top and has pushed out several number one albums then she should be considered. I think even Taylor Swift is ahead of Gaga getting chosen
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If say, Elton John did it Gaga might get invited.

She's too recent and too divisive to headline it though.

Following the Nelly argument, you could say Nicki Minaj did it last year - because she was on Madonna's set. I'm sure no-one would argue that Minaj could headline a set herself though! - argument doesnt stack up
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know i was on the toilet earlier (dont ask!) and i had this funny idea of Britney finally doing her own Superbowl show....with her of course being in next era...and obviously live singing doesnt "matter" so no need for that as focus.

but if she was say...."performance peak" for a new era she could open with Baby....One More Time but my idea was if she perhaps opened with the pre chorus/chorus and then id a "Hit" medley of her idols AND a reflection on past performers of the SUperbowl ie - Vogue/Rhythm Nation/1999/Thriller mash up for a minute of choruses and choreo inspiration like she did on her first ever tour kinda thing and then do the massive final chorus of BOMT...and then perhaps a reinvigorated Toxic with choreo/massive thatrics still etc and then slow it down for a couple mins of Everytime maybe and reinvoke her "breakdown" but in an ironic way...then perhaps do Piece Of Me and then finish off with her newest song at that point (potentially anthem orientated)

It just kinda came to me in thought lol...but i do think should Britney Spears regain her dancey moves a bit more (doesnt have to be like hey day Britney moves but you know...) and had an influenced show it would be really cool, vibrant and fun plus she could 90s it all up and have Justin guest spot maybe (Everytime/Cry Me A River) would be brilliant :))

just a thought anyhow :D

Isnt it the case that Britney hurt her leg doing a shoot about 3 years ago and never quite recovered from it and thats why we dont see her dancing so much these days?
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Britney should do it, she's certainly got enough hits to cover a 15 minute performance.
    Baby one more time, Oops, Slave 4 u, Toxic, Gimme more, Womanizer, Till the world ends etc.
    She'd put on a great show, and I don't really think it would matter if she lip-synched since Madonna did for her set.
    But I think she should sing live because it's a big audience and she may come under a lot of scrutiny for miming, she wouldn't even have to sing the choruses! (Beyonce didn't).
    Just sing the verses and let the backing track do it's work during the chorus and let loose a flurry of old school Britney dance moves. Beyonce is the same age as Britney and she can still dance amazingly in heels so there's no excuse for Britney not to do it, yes I know she had a knee injury but that was a long time ago, 15 minutes dancing all out won't kill her.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if Lady Gaga does the superbowl at least she will sing live...
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you suggesting Beyonce didn't?
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member

Who has done it and not sung live?:confused: