Netflix start rolling out downloading of shows to android and OS.

From today subscribers to Netflix will be able to download their shows to android and OS devices which I am sure will be welcomed by many users.

Comments

• centauri72centauri72 Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From today subscribers to Netflix will be able to download their shows to android and OS devices which I am sure will be welcomed by many users.

Hear hear. Just downloaded my first such ep. But not all shows are covered, as yet. Still a great move forward.
  • centauri72centauri72 Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oddly one of the series not available for download is Jessica Jones. I would have expected Netflix's own commissioned series to be the first to have download rights sorted, but apparently not in every case.
  • David_Flett1David_Flett1 Posts: 9,309
    Forum Member
    centauri72 wrote: »
    Oddly one of the series not available for download is Jessica Jones. I would have expected Netflix's own commissioned series to be the first to have download rights sorted, but apparently not in every case.

I'm quite surprised because not only does Netflix produce the show they are also the main distributor for the US.
  • DavewwDaveww Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will they let us do this on to a youview box aswell.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Just been to see it but can't find it.
    Do you have to be on the 4 person package to get it?
  • Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daveww wrote: »
    Will they let us do this on to a youview box aswell.

No. This kind of download system is specifically for mobile devices, tablets and suchlike. There is really no point to allowing downloads from Netflix on a TV set top box that is both always plugged into your TV and always connected to the internet.
  • jb76jb76 Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. This kind of download system is specifically for mobile devices, tablets and suchlike. There is really no point to allowing downloads from Netflix on a TV set top box that is both always plugged into your TV and always connected to the internet.

There is if your internet signal is crap and 2 people who live in the same house are trying to watch different shows!
  • Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jb76 wrote: »
    There is if your internet signal is crap and 2 people who live in the same house are trying to watch different shows!

Perhaps for certain STBs, you're right. But Dave was asking about YouView, and those boxes are ethernet only, no Wifi. So even if you had two boxes in use in the one home, there wouldn't be a discernible lag on either as they did either both be using a wired or powerline connection, or neither would get any internet content.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Just been to see it but can't find it.
    Do you have to be on the 4 person package to get it?

All level of accounts 6-9£.

You have to update the app (iOS 8+) - you get a splash screen intro to the new feature and there's a new download section.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get the new Netflix app update at day or two ago.
    Not tried to download a show from the app as yet but its good if your on holiday and where you are has poor Wi-Fi.

Darren
  • swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if this includes Chromebooks ?