Options

accurate recording and past tv recording

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
Forum Member
Hi. We've had a humax now for a couple of months. And I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help with.
Firstly is actuate recording really accurate? ATM we've added a couple of minutes at the beginning and the end like we used to with sky but find its sometimes still cut short will the accurate recording help with this?
Secondly is it possible to record something that I've been watching from the start. For example I turn on tv at 7.00 watch it. At 7.15 I decide I like it or I want to keep it to show my family. Is it possible to record it from the point i turned it on (as I could with sky)? Because we have only managed to record it from the point we've pressed the record button.
Hope someone can help:)
Thanks

Forgot to say its a foxsat HDR

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't back up the buffer and record from it on a Foxsat-hdr.

AR varies in it's accuracy with the broadcaster. Generally the main broadcasters BBC ITV get it right most of the time. Applying any sort of padding turns off AR so the recording can't follow late schedule changes transmitted by the broadcaster.

Editing the times of an existing reservation converts it to a manual recording, no series recording other than a repeat pattern.

Implementing autopadding by changing the start and end times in the menus retains series recording but as already said disables AR.
  • Options
    realistic246realistic246 Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    annseer wrote: »
    Secondly is it possible to record something that I've been watching from the start. For example I turn on tv at 7.00 watch it. At 7.15 I decide I like it or I want to keep it to show my family. Is it possible to record it from the point i turned it on (as I could with sky)? Because we have only managed to record it from the point we've pressed the record button.
    Hope someone can help:)
    Thanks

Press the rewind button to where you want to record from, then press record, it will then record from that point, i.e rewind live tv then record

• Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Press the rewind button to where you want to record from, then press record, it will then record from that point, i.e rewind live tv then record
    Not possible on a FOXSAT but is correct for the Freeview models.
  • Options
    realistic246realistic246 Posts: 109
    Forum Member

Ah, did not know that as mine is the 9150T, thanks

• Options
    andyhurleyandyhurley Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, worked on my 9200T and now on my FOX-T2 HDR. I wonder why the satellite models are different? Sadly not quite as convenient as the 3View (which I have now moved on from due to a failing HD and lack of support) where recording from the start of the current programme (where available in the buffer) was automatic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Except for the HD FOX T2 used as a pvr with a usb recording drive.
  • Options
    creddishcreddish Posts: 5,285
    Forum Member
    andyhurley wrote: »
    Yep, worked on my 9200T and now on my FOX-T2 HDR. I wonder why the satellite models are different? Sadly not quite as convenient as the 3View (which I have now moved on from due to a failing HD and lack of support) where recording from the start of the current programme (where available in the buffer) was automatic.
    Not necessarily more convenient if you didn't want to record what you had already seen. The Humax gives you the choice. Maybe the 3View also gives you the option?

Colin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andyhurley wrote: »

Most likely reason is the time shift buffer file (0.ts) is not encrypted so would need to be encrypted for HD channels as it's transferred to a conventional recording.