Options

Humax PVR 9150 Lost ALL my Programmes? Any way to get them back?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Hi

I was about to delete a program on my trusty 9150 which I have had for over 3 years and has always been reliable.

As I was doing it, it switched itself off came back on then when I went to my program list it was totally empty!!!

Gutted as had about 25 things on it I really wanted to watch.

I have already phoned Humax who basically said they have gone that's it, so you need to format the HDD.

But I was just wondering (in desperation!! ) if any of you clever folk know any "relatively simple" ways around it to get them back as I know once I format it that's it!! Something is still there as the HDD control shows 42% Free which would be about right.

Any ideas!! Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OnAndUp wrote: »
    But I was just wondering (in desperation!! ) if any of you clever folk know any "relatively simple" ways around it to get them back as I know once I format it that's it!
    The only way of getting the programs back is to open the box, connect the disk to a PC (you will probably need a SATA to USB adapeter which cost a few pounds from eBay) and use humaxrw in recovery mode see http://humaxdisk.wikispaces.com/HumaxRW. There is a GUI available for humaxrw if you are not comfortable with command line programs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thanks very much for your reply, think something like that would be a bit too techie for me.......so unless there are any other options looks like I'm just going to have to forget abut them and do a HD Format!?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    OnAndUp wrote: »
    I was about to delete a program on my trusty 9150 which I have had for over 3 years and has always been reliable.

Sadly these boxes have hard disks which though generally reliable are never 'trusty'; especially after a few years. I never trust anything important to a single HD (and so far I've never had one fail me ... ). (I'm sitting on a wooden chair :p )