Comments

• Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    That's going to be awkward with Dermot having to pretend he's into it when we know the opposite is true. He was totally right, too - a creatively desperate idea which the audience don't like.
  • Options
    abraaom1abraaom1 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the six chair challenge.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    I love the six chair challenge.

Why would they get rid of it, out of the whole series it was the most watched part.
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    I'm thrilled about this, I love this part of the show so good news
  • Options
    Rachel_HarrisonRachel_Harrison Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't love it, but if they keep it I believe it would work better if the NO chair decision was binding.

Once a judge gets rid of someone they are gone. They can replace someone in a chair with a later singer, but they can't keep going back and forth, back and forth.
  • Options
    SG87SG87 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    I mentioned in another thread that I like the six chair challenge but it is brutal. I want to see the concept back but to take the edge off, they should increase the number of chairs to 8 and film it without an audience. It could be more intense for the viewers if edited correctly, but the audience needs to go both for the contestants and judges sakes. It would make it sort of similar to the later stages of The Voice where the teams are approaching being full, rather than being like the Coliseum.
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the most entertaining part about the six chair challenge is seeing who gets replaced! Who has their dreams literally torn away from them after believing they were going to make it.

I used to believe the six chair challenge was awful but you know what, it makes great tele! And if you want to make it in showbiz I'm sure it really is that tough!
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah great, the 2-hour episodes filled with stock "horror" reaction shots and the baying mob behind...
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're never going to axe it. All of the SCC episodes last year were the highest rated for the show.