Working in Gran Canaria

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
Forum Member
I would really like some advice and hopefully some of you can help!
I have just come back from Gran Canaria and fell in love with it (have been there before also). I now want to go and work out there this April. I met a couple who own a bar who said I could have a job but don’t want to put all my trust into them as it could go all wrong. I was thinking of booking a package holiday come April, then looking for a job and a place to live. Has anyone done it before? How much money would I need to save before hand? It’s a big step for me so any advice at all would very helpful. Also I know it’s not going to be easy but I am growing bored of my life here and want to challenge myself.

Comments

• burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go for it - excellent idea. Hope it goes OK for you.

You can probably find somewhere cheap to rent long term. But I would find something before you leave the UK. Get a cheap flight and if you pay for an apartment, say a month, in advance, you can easily fnd bar work or something when you get there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    Go for it - excellent idea. Hope it goes OK for you.

You can probably find somewhere cheap to rent long term. But I would find something before you leave the UK. Get a cheap flight and if you pay for an apartment, say a month, in advance, you can easily fnd bar work or something when you get there.

I read on a few sites online thats its better to get a place once your out there, so might just get a package so I can stay in a hotel for first 1/2 weeks then find a place to rent that way maybe.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .Joe. wrote: »
    I read on a few sites online thats its better to get a place once your out there, so might just get a package so I can stay in a hotel for first 1/2 weeks then find a place to rent that way maybe.
    As long as you do plenty of research online before you go. I suppose it would be ideal if you could talk to someone who'd actually done it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look here Gran Canaria or Guru
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    Have a look here Gran Canaria or Guru

Thank you :)
    Also as someone said, I met a couple out there and spoke alot to them about doing this. Just wondering if anyone on here has any personal experience really. Thanks for help so far :)
  • 80sQueen80sQueen Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a season a few years back on a Greek Island.

Feel free to PM me with any questions if you like :D