Sky HD - copy to Panasonic DMR-BS780...how?

I have some programmes saved on my Sky HD hard drive, and I would like to burn them to disc via my new Panasonic DMR-BS780 Bluray Recorder. I know I can't burn straight to disc, and have to record to the Panys hard drive first......but how do I do that? ie connections etc? Any help very much appreciated.:)

Comments

• browny287browny287 Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    It will be a long process but you will need to set the HDD to record from whatever input the Sky box is connected and then just play the programmes. Best to check the input is correct first. Once they are on the HDD you then burn to disc. The problem is you will have to do it in real time which will be a pain but if you really want to keep the programmes thats the price to pay. Good luck
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also be aware that you are unlikely to be able to copy HD programmes in HD. About the only way you could do that is via HDMI. Now apart from the copy protection getting in the way I doubt the recorder has an HDMI Input, only HDMI out.

So you will probably be limited to a SCART connection which will not handle HD video.
  • webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the only programmes you'll be able to write to a blu-ray disk in HD will be the ones recorded in HD from the Panasonic's tuner. Or from a HD camcorder.
    To record from sky you will need a scart lead from sky (tv out socket is best as its best quality - RGB - make sure RGB is enabled/on for both the sky box and the panny) to your Panny. Then select that input with your remote.