Options

Donna Summer Appreciation Thread

LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This woman is amazing. 56 British Top 100 hits, a great voice and a versatile talent. Disco, ballads, retro, this kid does them all with style.

And the fact that both Barbra Streisand and Liza Minnelli duetted with her speaks volumes.

Respect to Donna.

Comments

• Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    This woman is amazing. 56 British Top 100 hits, a great voice and a versatile talent. Disco, ballads, retro, this kid does them all with style.

And the fact that both Barbra Streisand and Liza Minnelli duetted with her speaks volumes.

Respect to Donna.

YAY!!! A much needed and better late than never thread for a forgotten superstar. I'm feeling love with this thread and after fake imitation has beens, This Time, I know it's for Real!!! Go Donna. I think she's great. But now I hope you'll forgive me because I'm about to have Dinner With Gershwin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad girls is an immense album....must have been one of the very first albums to include trance elements on Sunset People there.

Immense lady!
  • Options
    IlleismIlleism Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toot Toot! Ahhh... Beep Beep!:D

Bad Girls is the obvious choice, but I think it's her best album. Love it.:cool:
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    YAY!!! A much needed and better late than never thread for a forgotten superstar. I'm feeling love with this thread and after fake imitation has beens, This Time, I know it's for Real!!! Go Donna. I think she's great. But now I hope you'll forgive me because I'm about to have Dinner With Gershwin.

I certainly will because Down Deep Inside, I think you are Hot Stuff!
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    I certainly will because Down Deep Inside, I think you are Hot Stuff!

Enough Is Enough! Come on, (No More Tears)!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take me on a journey, on a journey to the centre of your heart!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can't remember where but i read once that she is a raving homophobe and was disgusted that 'i feel love' had become a gay anthem.
    i like Donna Summer and really hope thats not true:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    confuddled wrote: »
    i can't remember where but i read once that she is a raving homophobe and was disgusted that 'i feel love' had become a gay anthem.
    i like Donna Summer and really hope thats not true:(

That was a misunderstanding back then! Because that was in the 80s i think when she was standing for gay rights and she was misquoted intentionally...nasty media...even then!

But calling Donna a homopbobe is like calling Beyonce a racist haha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a misunderstanding back then! Because that was in the 80s i think when she was standing for gay rights and she was misquoted intentionally...nasty media...even then!
    But calling Donna a homopbobe is like calling Beyonce a racist haha![/QUOTE]

like i say, i like Donna Summer but i really don't follow your arguement.....calling someone who is standing up for gay rights a homophobe goes far beyond a 'misquote' it's a bit like saying the pope hates catholics?
    ....and why is calling Donna summer a homophobe, which i haven't i may add, like calling Beyonce a racist? i don't get that, are you saying black people cannot be racist?:confused:
    all that aside she has made some monster tunes.:)
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like some Donna Summer's songs, such as I Feel Love, Rumour Has It, Hot Stuff , Sunset People, The Wanderer and Dinner with Gershwin.

Next time you raise a toast to the New Year, remember you have something else to celebrate: Donna Summer's birthday on New Year's Eve!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    god bless her....RIP
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decided to explore her discography.