Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »
    I was assuming it was regarding the Wimbledon winner.

Yes - exciting to watch this morning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    In regards to Louisa being on birth control... it doesn't always work. My mother -in-law is a nurse and she has had three children whilst being in the pill. Also I was on the pill and I never messed up with any of it (also took the morning after pill as a precaution, I had a feeling - dunno why) annnnnd in May I celebrated my Son's 1st birthday. Louisa might have been on the pill and EVEN taken the morning after pill as well "I got to see Mrs Tishell" - remember she said that the day after. Anyway, it doesn't always work and that would explain how Louisa had totally no idea she was pregnant till she got to London.
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You just beat me - I just finished reading the article and came here to post! What a great article - and great news that we have a new behind the scenes special to look forward to in Nov or Dec.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member

Great article, thanks for sharing this find. Sure hope my stations pick this up.

And, thanks for sharing the picture of Martin in his jeans and T-shirt. That look really suits him.
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmbesotted wrote: »

Because we seem to assume that she was not on birth control - however - that has also been known to fail. She is a modern woman, why wasn't she on birth control?

After the concert that kiss under the canopy of trees, the doc spots her breath indicating to him that she had the onset of her period and was very emotional. I have felt that she was not on any birth control pill. Also, I think DM thought she was in the "safe time of the month" and her age was in her favor of not conceiving. From personal experience don't believe any of the aforesaid!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Not to get too graphic but the Doc may have engaged in withdrawal at the critical moment.
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DMfan wrote: »
    Not to get too graphic but the Doc may have engaged in withdrawal at the critical moment.

DMfan...this whole thing has me cracking up....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    DMfan...this whole thing has me cracking up....

Nothings too 'out there' for this group. Next topic - M & L's favorite sexual positions. Anyone? :D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Nothings too 'out there' for this group. Next topic - M & L's favorite sexual positions. Anyone? :D:o

Oh, I think they can get pretty freaky in the bedroom. Not Eddie Rix freaky, but....;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member

The ever popular "pull out and pray" method. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    Say what, Statesidefan? Do you mean when is there going to be a rapid expansion of posts, or something more sinister?:)

I was referring to the fact we are well past the number of pages usually allowed in a forum section before the administrator opens a new one - a la #16. Very sad, but this is one of the few constants in my universe. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    There is the excellent point in this analysis by Shop Girl about the obvious situation that arose some months after this assignation -
    1. Either they did make the mad dash up the stairs, or to the couch, or the floor, and in their haste forgot about being proactive and protected OR
    2. Louisa had a supply (or Doc - as in the old days - one in the wallet) that had sat for so long unused that they were not up to the task ----

Because we seem to assume that she was not on birth control - however - that has also been known to fail. She is a modern woman, why wasn't she on birth control?

It seems to me either #1 or 2 are equally probable. But why would she be using birth control? If using the pill (or one of a variety of other methods) she would need a prescription--given to her by whom? And then where would she get it filled? Mrs. Tishell appears to be very opinionated, so not there and that would mean travelling elsewhere, a nuisance to say the least. The marriage proposal may have cancelled out much discussion. But one would think (after all, Martin is a doctor!) that as the relationship progressed, they would have had to bring it up at some point, unless as you say, one of them kept supplies. So far as the night in question, I think they just didn't care!
    Forum Member

No....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's heresy to talk the making of an American version of DM, but I just realized who could pull off being the American doc: Jeff Daniels. However, if they were to start at the beginning of the saga, he'd be too old. But I think otherwise perfect!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks! Good info, something to look forward to, and a nice photo of MC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New pics featuring the fit MC taken on the same day as the ones on my spoiler page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201533653333252&set=gm.10151767535106660&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Also a nice one of Noah AKA James Henry being held by JA.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201537340178555&set=o.6043216659&type=1

Thanks! I had already seen those bunches and bunches of photos of MC leaving, dressed in jeans and t-shirt, but these are brand new. Loved 'em, especially the one of him walking across the street. Get me my smelling salts!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. No, no.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    I suggest that Louisa was not using birth control because Port Wenn was not overflowing with romantic prospects. She also chose to live a quiet lifestyle. Why be on birth control (like the pill or IUD) if you don't have to. It's safer to use it "as needed". I don't think the doc would view her as risky in the sense of having an STD (foolish I suppose). I explain this to myself using the "Port Wenn Effect". It's tough to explain in the context of a man who wears latex gloves and an apron to change his baby's nappie. I think they were swept away by love and didn't use anything. That's much more romantic don't you think? Remember that this is all conjecture and it doesn't matter a rat's behind in reality.

Well, let's not forget that LG was anemic to the extent she fainted. If she is a meat-eater, which we know she is, she may therefore have very heavy periods, as that is the typical reason non-vegetarian women become anemia. Perhaps DM put her on OCP, as a treatment, with some yams for iron intake (even though that is an awful food to get iron in), and she didn't get into the habit of taking the pills daily. Even innocently missing a couple of days can make your egg pop out all ready to go, and LG may not have even been aware of that consequence of skipping a pill or two.

(I apologize if this enters the Too Much Medical Information category, but doctors sometimes do that.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Well, let's not forget that LG was anemic to the extent she fainted. If she is a meat-eater, which we know she is, she may therefore have very heavy periods, as that is the typical reason non-vegetarian women become anemia. Perhaps DM put her on OCP, as a treatment, with some yams for iron intake (even though that is an awful food to get iron in), and she didn't get into the habit of taking the pills daily. Even innocently missing a couple of days can make your egg pop out all ready to go, and LG may not have even been aware of that consequence of skipping a pill or two.

(I apologize if this enters the Too Much Medical Information category, but doctors sometimes do that.)

I think we've all been guilty of TMI at one time or another on this forum. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even innocently missing a couple of days can make your egg pop out all ready to go.

:D:D:D My eggs (well, if I still had any) would certainly pop out all ready to go if in the company of a certain hunka-hunka doc! ;)
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked in to this page of the forum before bedtime. Wowwwwww! Will I be having sweet dreams tonight! Thanks, all you wonderful folks!
    Forum Member

Well, I think we all know of a certain doctor who habitually gives out Too Much Medical Information--and at the most inappropriate times! However, we are all willing to forgive and forget, right?
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was referring to the fact we are well past the number of pages usually allowed in a forum section before the administrator opens a new one - a la #16. Very sad, but this is one of the few constants in my universe. :)

Yes, it's making me edgy also! What's happening to the world? Is there a new policy we don't know about? Have they forgotten all about us? :eek::rolleyes::D
    Forum Member
    marchrand wrote: »
    After the concert that kiss under the canopy of trees, the doc spots her breath indicating to him that she had the onset of her period and was very emotional. I have felt that she was not on any birth control pill. Also, I think DM thought she was in the "safe time of the month" and her age was in her favor of not conceiving. From personal experience don't believe any of the aforesaid!!!

Interesting, marchrand. But she said: "A woman doesn't have to be getting her period to be a bit emotional!" Wouldn't this lead us to believe she was not premenstrual? I think her outburst suggests this--probably, maybe. And was Doc Martin certain of her cycle at this point? I really doubt it.

The next evening at the cottage after the proposal, I don't think there is the remotest possibility that Martin had thoughts about Louisa's cycle or her age!! Here we have two people madly in love, in each others arms and finally committed to one another--at the highest point in their lives! Not a time for rational thinking!
This discussion has been closed.