Options

Buying Curtains (ones with old style hooks)

DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Really having trouble trying to buy some (cheap and dark)!curtains.

I have looked at Argos, John Lewis, Debenhams, etc, but a bit confused as they all seem to be the pole / eyelet style.

I have been told that I need the Pencil Pleat style, but when I look at pics on the above website they don't look right to me (?)

Are they the ones to go for ?

Comments

• Options
    angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive had the same problem as the curtain rails only take those pencil pleat type - the only place i *think* has them is argos as I got a brown pair from argos.
    I dont know what to suggest apart from maybe just googling the pencil pleat curtains?
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you look at ones like these they are displayed hanging from a pole but they can just as easily be hung from a curtain track. The picture is just an example of how they could be used.

What happens is, the curtains have a section at the top where you can slide in the hooks at regular intervals and then the hooks link into the holes in the bits that glide along the track. But if you're not sure exactly what you need it would be better to call into a shop and check that you're getting the right ones.

John Lewis definitely sell them but so do places like Dunelm
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhere like The Range is good for cheap curtains and they will have some pencil pleat styles.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Plenty of places on line, too
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    We recently bought several sets of pencil pleat curtains from John Lewis. They were expensive, but very good quality - made to measure, fully lined etc. If you are looking for ready-made, budget ones though, you might have some trouble.
  • Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    Really having trouble trying to buy some (cheap and dark)!curtains.

I have looked at Argos, John Lewis, Debenhams, etc, but a bit confused as they all seem to be the pole / eyelet style.

I have been told that I need the Pencil Pleat style, but when I look at pics on the above website they don't look right to me (?)

Are they the ones to go for ?

Yes, pencil pleat curtains will be what you mean. Look at this link.

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/curtains/ready-made-curtains/pencil-pleat-curtains/