Options

The BBC's 2014 Proms tv coverage

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok so when the proms is live on the night why is the tv broadcast weeks away

Is it down to fitting it in ( schedule wise )

Or is it ( editing )

Also why is it on bbc iplayer but when I go on sky tv iplayer catchup it's not there
Now I've asked sky about what's uploaded to sky's catch up and they say it's whatever the channel gives us so it can't be an issue with sky and there catchup

There's nothing downloaded of the proms on bbc4 section

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't understand you say its on BBC i player then say its not
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    lee_w wrote: »
    Ok so when the proms is live on the night why is the tv broadcast weeks away

Is it down to fitting it in ( schedule wise )

Or is it ( editing )

Also why is it on bbc iplayer but when I go on sky tv iplayer catchup it's not there
    Now I've asked sky about what's uploaded to sky's catch up and they say it's whatever the channel gives us so it can't be an issue with sky and there catchup

There's nothing downloaded of the proms on bbc4 section
    IT's up to the BBC what they show on the BBC catch up service on Sky Boxes. You'll have to get in touch with the BBC, not Sky.
    Ian.
  • Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bbc 4?
  • Options
    Paul GraysonPaul Grayson Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lengths of performances of specific orchestral works can vary wildly, due to conductors' tempo preferences, optional repeated sections, improvised cadenzas and so forth. Scheduling issues are therefore responsible for most Proms concerts being shown at a later date instead of live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lengths of performances of specific orchestral works can vary wildly, due to conductors' tempo preferences, optional repeated sections, improvised cadenzas and so forth. Scheduling issues are therefore responsible for most Proms concerts being shown at a later date instead of live.

Thanks Paul for your indepth info