Why hasn't Peter figured out it was Rob who killed Tina!

tullochstullochs Posts: 947
Forum Member
✭✭
It's so obvious!

Comments

• spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it so obvious?
    Rob had no strong motive to kill her that Peter would have known about.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also poor Peter is so hung over in drink all the time...I would think it's impossible for him to think logically.. ..
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Is it so obvious? As far as mst people (including Peter) are concerned Rob and Tina had very little to do with each other and he had no real motive. Only Rob and the audience know she threatened to go to the Police about there being stolen goods in the shop. Plus, Peter has either been drunk or suffering withdrawal most of the time since Tina's death so he's not exactly thinking straight.
    Forum Member
    Plus Rob has an alibi - Peter has no reason to distrust Tracey saying they were together the whole time, especially as Deardre is backing them up.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Peter's too drunk to notice anything!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Is it so obvious? As far as mst people (including Peter) are concerned Rob and Tina had very little to do with each other and he had no real motive. Only Rob and the audience know she threatened to go to the Police about there being stolen goods in the shop. Plus, Peter has either been drunk or suffering withdrawal most of the time since Tina's death so he's not exactly thinking straight.

Was Tina the only person who knew there were stolen goods in the shop?

Does anyone think she really would have went to the police about that, with her leaving and all?
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does anyone think she really would have went to the police about that, with her leaving and all?

Funny how Tony seems to have lost all interest in the shop!!!!!!
  • chewstickchewstick Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol its only obvious to viewers if you ask me... Character wise it's already been said Rob had no motive, ok he's acting weird but so would you if you was with Tracey luv...lol
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Peter's too busy with his self pity to think about who could have killed Tina. His thoughts are consumed by how much he's lost - Carla, the baby, Simon, etc - to consider Tina. It's like as Ken said, Peter considers himself a victim so his mind is centered around his own problems instead of who the real murderer is.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He probably has some degree of alcoholic neuropathy
    Forum Member

She was the only person that saw that dodgy delivery and was threatened by Rob abd Tony when she pretended to take the photograph and as far as I'm aware she didn't tell anybody about it.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good question in fact. Weren't traces of Tina's blood found in the outhouse of Ken's house? Police informed Peter of this when they were questioning him : he knows that he is not the killer and surely he would suspect either Tracy or Rob.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    tullochs wrote: »
    Why hasn't Peter figured out it was Rob who killed Tina!

Because, like most of the country, he's more interested in who killed Lucy.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Has the OP answered his own question yet? "It's so Obvious!"

It's obvious to us viewers - We SAW it happen!! But why should Peter realise it was Rob??

:p:p:confused:
  • GibsonAndyGibsonAndy Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    I still think it was Emily on a rampage.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The truth will be found out by Detective Curly, so it will ;)
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    spunger wrote: »
    Why is it so obvious?
    Rob had no strong motive to kill her that Peter would have known about.

I agree. Peter might suspect Rob if, for example, they were both having an affair with her or if Tina had some sort of major issue with Tracy before hand, but Rob didn't really have a motive (that thing about the stolen merchandise seemed pretty lightweight), so I don't think it's that obvious that Rob is the killer. I think Rob's behaviour as they were planning the funeral and the instances of him getting majorly upset were suspicious, but I think it would be more likely that Carla or Tracy notice those things than Peter.
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because all the evidence points to the fact that Peter did it himself
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Because, like most of the country, he's more interested in who killed Lucy.

Who's lucy? I must have missed that episode.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why hasn't anyone found that bright blue shopping bag which also has the murder weapon in it? Rob left it under a bridge near the canal, surely someone would have found it by now. Or will it be Ken and Eccles that find it, Eccles is living on borrowed time if you ask me, the dog has already sniffed out a charm bracelet
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Why hasn't anyone found that bright blue shopping bag which also has the murder weapon in it? Rob left it under a bridge near the canal, surely someone would have found it by now. Or will it be Ken and Eccles that find it, Eccles is living on borrowed time if you ask me, the dog has already sniffed out a charm bracelet

I'm with the Ken and Eccles theory. If the police don't solve the murder, then it has to be Sherlock Barlow and his wonderdog. Elementary - dear viewers. ;-):D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS As for Peter, he's got enough to do by changing his personality as the script requires it. Self-pitying for his cell-mate and Sir Kenneth and then uncontrollable, shaking alcoholic as soon as I'm Jimbo so I am appeared. He just hasn't had the time to think who the murder might actually be! :D
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Who's lucy? I must have missed that episode.

Lucy is a character in EastEnders who got killed off in a who did it mystery.
  • LA2UKLA2UK Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    It's a good question in fact. Weren't traces of Tina's blood found in the outhouse of Ken's house? Police informed Peter of this when they were questioning him : he knows that he is not the killer and surely he would suspect either Tracy or Rob.

I agree with this. It doesn't matter who you are or how messed up you are with alcohol or/and self-pity, if you are accused and being charged with a murder that you know you didn't commit you would be focusing on that and on guessing who the killer might be. With the charm bracelet and the blood being found there he would think it's either someone close to home who killed Tina (narrowing it down to Rob and Tracy) or that someone's trying to frame him (narrowing it down to Rob, given the fact that they loathe eachother anyway)
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tullochs wrote: »
    It's so obvious!

er - because his brain is addled with booze? Because he thinks of nothing apart from himself, because there was no real history between Rob abd Tina so why would you think that? Because he aint a detective just a bookie.:o